Elephant on the Moon Hostel
  • Pool
$104
$93
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2010

I'm one of those folks on this site that uses it ALL the time, but has never added any tips because I've been too lazy. My stay at Elephant on the Moon has inspired me.

I have never been taken care of so well at a hotel. This place is a B&B that feels more like a family member's house than any place else. It's a 15 minute walk from the city center--great location. Everything, just great!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Wonderful single room with a balcony...I was very happy here for my three night stay. Gregory and his staff was very helpful at the hostel and in booking tours, etc. The place is at the end of the tram line and then a couple of blocks walk...very nice neighborhood - you get the feeling that you actually live in Krakow while staying here. Free internet (wish you could sit, though) and lots of info about what to do in town. There was even free pizza one night - a bonus!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed February 3, 2010

I stayed at Elephant on the Moon after my long, long flight from Melbourne to Poland at the beginning of my trip around Europe. My first time travelling alone, my first time in Poland, my first time at a hostel (I had the single room, to myself)... and what a fantastic way to start. Instantly I was given help with maps, places to go, things to see, and then assistance in planning the rest of my stay in Poland, including my day trip to Zakopane (originally meant to be an overnight, but wisely warned against it!), and how to get to the zoo. The hostel is clean, breakfast is supplied (a bonus if you don't know your way around and have only just landed!), Gregory made bigos one night which was amazing! Although it's a bit of a stroll to get into town, it's nice along the river, and doesn't take that long.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank orimallei
Reviewed November 2, 2009

All reviews appeared too good to be true for this hostel with everyone giving 5/5, but it really is that good. Very cheap, but with free breakfast, amazingly friendly staff, awesome events (every day is themed from pizza to lollipop to movies). We were treated to polish Borscht cooked by Gregory the owner, and as we left given a little bag of goodies for the journey home. Would definitely recommend. The distance to the centre isn't much and can be made even less with a 2.50zł tram ride.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank moonpie79
Reviewed October 18, 2009

Ended up staying 2 extra nights! The staff is amazing! Great value.
Comfortable. Location is out a bit but the trams makes it fine. Glad I stayed here!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo