“We love elephant on the moon!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Elephant on the Moon Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Krakow
Elephant on the Moon Hostel
You added Elephant on the Moon Hostel to your Saves list
Ranked #75 of 377 Specialty Lodging in Krakow
Barnoldswick, United Kingdom
“We love elephant on the moon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great hostel, we have stayed here twice now and have loved it each time. Aga is an excellent host and would do anything to make your trip the best it could be. It is always spotless and tidy. Breakfast is included although we often didn't get up in time for this, as we are a little lazy! The breakfast is bread, cereal, meats, different cheeses, tea, coffee, juice - perfect for the price you pay.
We got lots of great tips from Aga to get the most out of our stay. Many of these tips you wouldn't find in a guide book and we enjoyed them very much. You must try the ice cream within the Jewish district (you will find it by seeing a large queue), also the zapiekanka also within the Jewish district is delicious and very good value for money! You must ask about how to find the hot chocolate cafe - its just off the square. We would stay here whenever we come to Krakow, it may be a little out of town but we found it was very cheap and easy to get to the centre on the trams, this also gave you a better experience we found. If your going to krakow stay here!

Room Tip: There all lovely :)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank joandkatie

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Aga was extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast was mainly bread, cereal and some processed cheese which could be improved slightly. On the whole though the hostel was very clean and like a friendly house. I stayed here with my partner in a double room with an ensuite, both of which were extremely clean. The bed was so comfortable! It's slightly far out from the centre but easily accessible by tram - number 2 into the centre / bus & train station and number 1 to near the Jewish district.
Aga will happily help with planning of
Trips or general queries.
I would recommend this hostel especial if you are travelling alone as its extremely friendly and welcoming and you'd be sure to meet some good friends here!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank obsessed_monkey
Kyiv, Kyyivs'ka Oblast', Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Friendly people with good advice, clean place, breakfast included, was able to buy tours from there. It is not right in the centre but there are simple cheap transport links or an easy 30-minute walk which is what I did. Just off a road with a nice view of the river. Come to think of it, the only gripe I have was that it was a bit cold in the room on the first night. It was unusually cold outside though and I had been soaked in the rain. Great facilities in general though, very clean and lots of flyers in the entrance showing ideas of things to do. Nice eco tips dotted around the place, and a cool little garden out the back.

Room Tip: The Hippy Room (good single room) has got a cool little musical instrument in there - I can't de...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Wes G
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I traveled alone . Aga helped me plan my time in Krakow. She is very helpful and friendly! I got a twin room all to my self so its really really comfortable. The hostel is VERY VERY clean. its more like a B and B. Bed cushion is thin but surprisingly comfortable to sleep in. The pillow is a little too soft for my liking but after all day walking, i didnt have problem sleeping lol

I shared bathroom with others but there were not many people so i never had to wait. Aga cleans the bathroom everyday so its clean and smell good.

Breakfast was good enough for the price i paid. There were selection of cereals , toast with selections of jams, orange juice, milk, tea, coffee. On the last day, i had to leave early to catch my flight, Aga prepared breakfast for me 2 hours earlier than the usual time. I"m very impressed.

only reason I'm not giving a five stars is because its a little far from the centre. (20 minutes walk) Although, tram station is 3 minutes away.

Still highly recommend. Great value for money. Other hostels in the centre are not as clean and also expensive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank PixiePim C
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

A friend of mine and I decided to spend part of our spring break in Krakow and I wish we could have stayed a week longer! The hostess, Aga, is so welcoming and fun. She is this wonderful spunky woman and knows Krakow very well. She spent every evening with us helping plan the next day's adventures and was very helpful. This was the cleanest place I have ever stayed and really was a home away from home. The location is not ideal, but it is really not that far to walk into town and is nice to walk along the river, especially at night when the castle is lit up. It also was nice to be away from all the craziness of the Market Square. We had a wonderful time in Krakow, and I think it would not have been nearly as nice if it hadn't been for all that Aga did for us and all of her advice. I would definitely recommend this cozy little hostel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Emily0714
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went to Krakow for a short break in October 2012 and would thoroughly recommend The Elephant On The Moon hostel to any traveller looking to visit krakow on a budget. The place was clean, homely and had a friendly atmosphere. The hostess Aga was extremely helpful and her english is excellent. She can tell you places to go and how to get there during your stay as she has lots of local knowledge. A lovely smiley and friendly lady.
If you don't mind a walk then the city centre is approx 20mins away on foot along the river vistula (which is a pleasant walk in itself) or you can catch a tram just down the road into town, this takes you approx 5 minutes and you can buy your ticket on the tram in the little machine.
There is breakfast supplied at the hostel and there are dvd's,games and free internet.
The room I stayed in was a double room with its own bathroom. It was comfortable, clean and quiet with a nice view of the garden.
The hostel has a great eco-friendly attitiude and Aga does a great job. Everyone should go and stay there on their trip to Krakow xx

Room Tip: The room I stayed in was called 'the folk room'. It is a ground floor double room with it...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My friend and I only stayed here for 3 nights, but I can honestly say that it was one of my favorite hostel experiences. Aga, the hostess is extremely friendly, and can offer some excellent insider advice to help you make the best of your time in Krakow. Bring warm jammies, because it does get a little chilly at night. Although the hostel is not quite in the center of town, it is quick and easy to get there, and it was very relaxing to be a little bit removed from the main part of town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends