New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Top place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Elephant on the Moon Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Krakow
Elephant on the Moon Hostel
Ranked #96 of 395 Specialty Lodging in Krakow
Kyiv, Kyyivs'ka Oblast', Ukraine
“Top place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Friendly people with good advice, clean place, breakfast included, was able to buy tours from there. It is not right in the centre but there are simple cheap transport links or an easy 30-minute walk which is what I did. Just off a road with a nice view of the river. Come to think of it, the only gripe I have was that it was a bit cold in the room on the first night. It was unusually cold outside though and I had been soaked in the rain. Great facilities in general though, very clean and lots of flyers in the entrance showing ideas of things to do. Nice eco tips dotted around the place, and a cool little garden out the back.

Room Tip: The Hippy Room (good single room) has got a cool little musical instrument in there - I can't de...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Wes G

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I traveled alone . Aga helped me plan my time in Krakow. She is very helpful and friendly! I got a twin room all to my self so its really really comfortable. The hostel is VERY VERY clean. its more like a B and B. Bed cushion is thin but surprisingly comfortable to sleep in. The pillow is a little too soft for my liking but after all day walking, i didnt have problem sleeping lol

I shared bathroom with others but there were not many people so i never had to wait. Aga cleans the bathroom everyday so its clean and smell good.

Breakfast was good enough for the price i paid. There were selection of cereals , toast with selections of jams, orange juice, milk, tea, coffee. On the last day, i had to leave early to catch my flight, Aga prepared breakfast for me 2 hours earlier than the usual time. I"m very impressed.

only reason I'm not giving a five stars is because its a little far from the centre. (20 minutes walk) Although, tram station is 3 minutes away.

Still highly recommend. Great value for money. Other hostels in the centre are not as clean and also expensive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank PixiePim C
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

A friend of mine and I decided to spend part of our spring break in Krakow and I wish we could have stayed a week longer! The hostess, Aga, is so welcoming and fun. She is this wonderful spunky woman and knows Krakow very well. She spent every evening with us helping plan the next day's adventures and was very helpful. This was the cleanest place I have ever stayed and really was a home away from home. The location is not ideal, but it is really not that far to walk into town and is nice to walk along the river, especially at night when the castle is lit up. It also was nice to be away from all the craziness of the Market Square. We had a wonderful time in Krakow, and I think it would not have been nearly as nice if it hadn't been for all that Aga did for us and all of her advice. I would definitely recommend this cozy little hostel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Emily0714
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went to Krakow for a short break in October 2012 and would thoroughly recommend The Elephant On The Moon hostel to any traveller looking to visit krakow on a budget. The place was clean, homely and had a friendly atmosphere. The hostess Aga was extremely helpful and her english is excellent. She can tell you places to go and how to get there during your stay as she has lots of local knowledge. A lovely smiley and friendly lady.
If you don't mind a walk then the city centre is approx 20mins away on foot along the river vistula (which is a pleasant walk in itself) or you can catch a tram just down the road into town, this takes you approx 5 minutes and you can buy your ticket on the tram in the little machine.
There is breakfast supplied at the hostel and there are dvd's,games and free internet.
The room I stayed in was a double room with its own bathroom. It was comfortable, clean and quiet with a nice view of the garden.
The hostel has a great eco-friendly attitiude and Aga does a great job. Everyone should go and stay there on their trip to Krakow xx

Room Tip: The room I stayed in was called 'the folk room'. It is a ground floor double room with it...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My friend and I only stayed here for 3 nights, but I can honestly say that it was one of my favorite hostel experiences. Aga, the hostess is extremely friendly, and can offer some excellent insider advice to help you make the best of your time in Krakow. Bring warm jammies, because it does get a little chilly at night. Although the hostel is not quite in the center of town, it is quick and easy to get there, and it was very relaxing to be a little bit removed from the main part of town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here in 2008 with some paranormal investigators.

A friendly atmosphere. Clean and fresh and lovely breakfasts.

Would go there again.

Just found this app hence I'm backfilling places I've stayed before.

Would recommend to anyone going to Krakow.

Colin

• Stayed November 2011
Townsville, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Aga (the host) was extremely helpful and very friendly. She helped plan my stay so I had the best use of the very limited time I had in Krakow. I was very appreciative of that.

I stayed in a single room. The room was clean and tidy. Bed was comfortable, but the pillow was too soft. But to be fair, it is the kind of pillow you find everywhere in Europe. The walls are very thin, but I travel with earplugs so I wasn't too bothered. Plus there weren't many people staying that time of year. But I did have a nasty coughing fit in the middle of the night so the girls in the room next to me were woken up (but were very nice to check to see if I was ok).

Bathroom is shared, but it was given a thorough clean everyday.

Unfortunately it is a fair way out of the old town (about 20 minute walk).

Not a fan of the breakfast. Needs more fresh options like fruit and fresh cheese, rather than pre-packaged or processed stuff.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side of the hostel facing the street can get very hot in the summer as the sun shines d...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo