“B&B service and feel, Hostel price!”

Elephant on the Moon Hostel
Ranked #128 of 434 Specialty Lodging in Krakow
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
“B&B service and feel, Hostel price!”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed here in November 2011 while visiting my boyfriend who was studying there at the University. We had a private room, with ensuite bathroom - super clean, super friendly, excellent service. Full breakfast was set out for us every morning, with a sandwich already packed up for lunch. For the price, location (just a few blocks from the tram line), and this excellent service - this place can't be beat. Not your run-of-the-mill hostel, that's for sure!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HayDavid

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 24, 2012

My stay at the Elephant on the Moon Hostel in May made my first visit to Krakow a trip to remember. The staff, especially Aga, were sweet and super helpful. They were more than happy to arrange tours, provide recommendations on places to eat and visit, and answer any questions I had. The other guests were respectful and sweet as well, making my stay pleasant and comfortable. My room was clean and breakfast was lovely each morning. Finally, a quick walk to the tram stop made transportation easy. I would absolutely recommend this hostel and look forward to staying here again on a future trip to Krakow!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Julia W
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Staying here was one of the highlights of my trip. It was the only hostel I stayed at because I didn't want the crowd that you usually get in them, but all the reviews on TA had convinced me to book and I'm so glad I did.

The staff were wonderful. I sat down and watched movies and chatted with them while we were stuck inside with bad weather. The packed lunch you are given upon going out for a tour and leaving was such a nice touch. I had a private room and bathroom upon request which was wonderful and the pickup service from the train was really good (my train was delayed due to bad weather but there was someone there when I arrived 5 hours late).

I recommend this place to everyone. It is a bit far out of town, but worth it to walk through the city and get a real feel for the place you are visiting. Plus it is just around the corner from the tram station so transport isn't a problem.

I loved this place :)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank debbiejaffajaf
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I stayed at Elephant on the Moon Hostel in May during my first visit to Krakow. The hostel was perfect. Very clean, comfortable room. The breakfast that was provided during my stay was very nice. All of the guests and people who worked there were incredibly nice and there was a lot of fun hanging out and conversation in the common room. When I visit Krakow again, I will definately stay there. It was pretty easy to get there as well from the street car.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We just recently stayed at the Elephant on the Moon and it was perfect. I was very pleased and would definitely recommend this hostel :)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dublin
Reviewed September 2, 2011

staying in this hostel was like staying in a home away from home. on arrival we were welcomed, given maps and advise on trips and what we could do during our stay. Our room was lovely and the bathroom was nice too. the breakfast was lovely.

one of the nights we stayed here there was quite a bad thunder and lightening storm so we were in the hostel for the night and it was great to be able to sit out in the common area and choose a film from their collection and be comfortable to sit out and watch no problem.

we walked into the town most of the time, it took about half an hour along the river, other than when it was raining, then we got the tram which was just around the corner from the hostel - very handy.

the staff here were brilliant, so chatty and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I stayed at this hostel for six days, and enjoyed my stay very much. It felt more as a Bed and Breakfast place rather than a hostel. That's a plus!
PROS (not in any order):
5. Quiet place
6. Free WiFi
7. Not crowded
8. Close to tram station

CONS:
1. Far from Old Town
2. Only one main bathroom

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room