Good Bye Lenin - Pub & Garden Hostel!
$174
Orbitz.com
$160
$135
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree coffee and tea all dayfree laundryjewish districtbed dormcommon areasbreakfast was includedstorage spacestaff was very friendly and helpfullate at nightsuperb locationstayed for nightscity centremin walkbedsreceptioncommunistdormitory
Reviewed June 23, 2008

This hostel outdid its self from the moment I booked it. As soon as it was booked got an email saying hello etc then they arranged to pick me up from the airport free of charge when I was unsure how to get there.
The decor as previously stated is awesome and the staff are more than willing to help with anything you need - from advice to ordering you pizzas!
The bar is great with cheap beer and cigarettes. we ended up drinking with different people each night and have came back with great friends from all over the world, including most of the bar staff!
The only bad side was that it was advertised as not excepting stag partys, but there was 2 when we were there, those ones in particular wern't too bad but apparently there was one the week before that were a nightmare.
In an ideal location 2 mins from the jewish square and 10 from the main square!
This hostel is ideal for younger people and especially single travellers wouldn't hesitate to reccommend it to anyone

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2008

I booked at their new Hostel in Wroclaw. They accepted the booking and failed to tell me that the hostel had not opened yet, leaving me without any accommodation.
This is obviously a company without any regard for its customers and I would not trust them at all.
AVOID!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed October 9, 2007

I liked everything! I really can't praise Good Bye Lenin and its staff too highly! The facility itself was fantastic: the furniture was homey and comfortable, the colors were bright and cheerful, and the ironic Soviet-style decor was out of this world. The staff knew who I was before I even checked in, they gave us a tour of the place as soon as we'd stashed our bags, and they were unbelievably helpful with all of our questions. They spoke fluent English and were very friendly as well.

Goodbye Lenin is located on a quiet street in the Jewish District of Krakow, not far (15-minute walk) from the Market Square and only about 3 minutes from the heart of the Jewish District with all its hip bars and clubs and restaurants.

This is not your typical hostel. I'd recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2007

Had a blast while staying at the Lenin Hostel. Met a lot of great people, including the staff who are very helpful and friendly. The hostel is an excellent location, and it is sooo adorable on the inside! If you forget anything while traveling, they can probably lend it to you! There is also a bar/lounge downstairs and breakfast in the morning. It is very clean and American friendly (it was my first time in a hostel), if you are used to certain comforts. I couldn't find a thing I would change about this place, it has such style I fell in love with it the minute I walked through the door!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Denvervice
Reviewed May 17, 2007

I stayed at this hotel in April 2007 and loved it. I arrived pretty early after a night train from prague, but the staff were very helpful and made sure i got my luggage stored and even offered me a bed for a couple of hours to rest. The hostel itself is really interesting with many soviet era relics and quotes from lenin all over the walls. it has internet access which is available 24 hours and the rooms are a good size, with ensuite and lockers to store your bags. the hostel is about 10-15 minutes walk outside of the centre of Krakow, however, you are situated right in the middle of Kazimierz, the jewish district, where schindler's list was filmed and there are many areas of interest here. you are also close to podgorze which is where the ghettos and schindler's factory, which is now a museum are based and this is worth visiting. All in all though i cannot recommend Goodbye Lenin highly enough and i would definetely stay there if i visited Krakow again

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo