“The best hostel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Greg & Tom Hostel
Ranked #5 of 404 Specialty Lodging in Krakow
“The best hostel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Everything about this hostel was just about perfect. It is one of the most friendly, lovely, relaxed and sociable places I've ever stayed. Everything is included, breakfast, dinner, beers and even shots. This means that in the evenings there is always a few to sit and chat with in the hostel or new friends to go out to a pub with.

Thanks to the awesome staff too wjo were very helpful, friendly and great chefs.

I've traveled to over 40 countries on just about every continent and hostels don't get any better than this. Especially for the price. The only problem I had was making sure I booked a bed as they can fill up at this popular place.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights, in a dorm and private room. Rooms are big spacious clean, comfy beds! Free towel. Showers were hot. Good & free wifi connection. The staff are lovely! So helpful!! Free breakfast which is awesome- not just basics but extras like creeps, eggs, bacon etc amazing! Free dinners all extremely yum! Free beer each night and shots on Fridays. Is a smaller hostel which makes it easy to meat people! Had a great atmosphere and not to party. They run pub crawls but at the hostels. TV and movies available. The staff will also book you onto any tours etc so helpful. We got in at 7:00am after a overnight train and they offered us breakfast, able to use showers etc. loved staying here would definitely recommend it to anyone coming to Poland! It's in a great location close to the station and sights.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We've been in Krakow for about 3 days, and we loved the city! And Greg and Tom Hostel is one of the reasons... The staff is wonderful, always helpful and kind! Our room was big and confortable, and the shared bathroom always clean. The location hardly could be better, as it was beside the train/bus station (and a big mall) and really near to the city center (no more than 10minutes to the market Sq). But the highlight for us was the living room and kitchen' environment, promoted by the staff... We had breakfast (a very good one, bythe way!) and dinner (yes, dinner was included!) as a group, sharing experiences and getting to know awsom people... And isn't that what hostels are for?! We loved Greg and Tom's, and would definitely come back when in Krakow!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I haven.t perused the other reviews, but I remember before going there how many of the reviews mentioned the shower. It was nice, but you have to realize these are basically public showers where everyone shares their fungus.

I'm not a prude, and have stayed in many hostels in my day. Although nowadays I tend to concentrate my stays in Hilton properties, I was looking to save some case on my trip to Poland. This property fit the bill nicely.

I think one of the best things about staying in a hostel is the interaction you get with other guests. The camaraderie that comes with shared interest in travel is wonderful. In this hostel, however, I didn't feel it. Perhaps if we had spent more time here...

We arrived early morning after an overnight train ride in from Prague. We were welcomed warmly by the staff and offered breakfast. Thanks!

We purchased a private room for two. The accomodations were nothing special, think one step up from a barracks room. The bathroom was down the hall, as was the shower. I believe we had 3 showers in our section to choose from, and I did not have to wait ever.

Hostel life is geared towards helping people explore the area where they are staying. This hostel promoted several tours and activities in which one could partake. We did a walkking tour of Prague, the Salt Mines, and a pub crawl. I shied away from Aushwitz as I wanted to keep the depression level down while I was tryin gto enjoy my vacation.

The location was great really, 5 minute walking distance to the center and an easy walk to the train station.

Overall, I woul dhave to say I was satisfied with the property and give it 4 dots out of 5 in the Hostel category. If I get back to Krakow I might like to try the Beer hostel, though :).

Happy Travels!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I can't say enough about Greg and Tom's Hostel. The staff here is truly amazing and really make you feel like part of a family. Breakfast as well as dinner is included in the price and is well worth it. I highly recommend this hostel for anyone looking to meet other travelers in a more intimate setting where you develop close friendships.

• Stayed August 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was looking for a place on short notice and spied Greg and Tom’s Home Hostel and booked it quickly for the last bed open. When I arrived later in the day the staff members were super friendly and I was surprised that I even got a free meal with the bed. Food was decently tasty and it was great to be able to visit with other guests in the kitchen. Wifi was good on both the main and upper levels. The one downside was that there was only one shower and bathroom area per floor but it still didn’t get too crowded with waiting. G&T’s did end up getting nice and quiet which was a good break compared to some of the rowdier hostels in Krakow. Unfortunately I didn’t get much sleep because a family staying in my quad room were chronic snorers but that’s hardly the hostel’s fault. I know they can also organize tours but I didn’t take advantage of that. It’s got a great location near to the train station and I’d definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Wasn't sure what to expect as I don't usually stay in shared accommodation. I was in a mixed dorm of five beds. I checked in very early having come off the night train from Vienna and was able to have breakfast, shower etc before going off on a tour. Staff are great and are helpful and happy. There is free breakfast and dinner provided every night and usually more than a few free drinks. Even though krakow is super cheap compared to other parts of Europe i always love free stuff! Also there is free wireless Internet and a few computers if you don't have a smartphone etc. even though there was one toilet and two showers between about eleven people on my floor (the reception floor) getting to use either wasn't a problem. Facilities are very clean too. This is a very social hostel and I made quite a few friends here during my four days. I'd stay here again no problem.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo