“MUST STAY! Quality and value for money.”
Review of Greg & Tom Hostel

Greg & Tom Hostel
Ranked #4 of 425 Specialty Lodging in Krakow
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“MUST STAY! Quality and value for money.”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This hostel does not look very nice from the outside but when you are in it is amazing. My friend and I booked a private room (situated on the 2nd floor) and it was massive, it could have slept 5 people in it. The hostel provides you with a breakfast and dinner everyday which my friend loved (I did not because I am terribly fussy) so if you are looking to save some cash on your holiday then this is a great place.

Each level had their own kitchen and bathroom which was shared with the other guests on your floor but it was always spotless as the cleaner is there everyday. There is also a balcony that overlooks a garden (not the hostels) so was a very pretty extra to sit their and drink your coffee (or have a fag) before your day started.

Every night the hostel organises a different event,there is a massive DVD list, hair-dryers, towels, shampoo, maps, internet, printer...everything you need! It was never noisy and suitable for all age groups. I do not think that the older or more reserved guests should say no to a hostel due to noise or people because this place is quiet and you can have your own privacy but on the other hand if you are looking for a good time then you can have it here too. My only complaint was that the cleaner never checked under the bed and couch when cleaning before we arrived as there was used water bottles and night club bands on the floor but every other inch of our room was spotless.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I can't simply say enough about both of their hostels. The staff = amazing. The breakfast = great. The dinners = awesome. The activities and excursions offered = superb. It was my first time in Krakow and I met many new people from all over the world during my stay. Krakow is the perfect size city and by following the advice of the staff, I saw every kind of attraction that was perfect for my taste and the restaurant suggestions were just right. Don't debate any other hostel. THIS is the one~!

Room Tip: I stayed in a 4 bedroom. I think it was just right.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Don't be fooled by the shabby exterior of Greg and Tom, it is an absolute gem of a hostel! The location is perfect; the train station is literally just over the road and the main Square is just a picturesque 5 minute stroll away.
The hostel itself is clean and modern, and really excellent value! My friend and I shared a private room which was comfortable and spacious. I was apprehensive as it was my first ever stay in a hostel, but I would not hesitate to recommend it to even my fussiest friends.
The staff are great too! Olga, in particular, was extremely friendly and helpful- offering us advice and helping us find information on transport, trains etc.
My friend and I both enjoyed our time in Krakow massively, and staying in Greg and Tom definitely contributed to the wonderful time we had. Cannot wait to go back to the city, and to this lovely hostel :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kate V
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed in this hostel for 3 days . Very clean and great service . Both , train station and old town are close . Very recomended . Yummy breakfast . Friendly staff . GREG AND TOM IS THE BEST IN TOWN .

• Stayed April 2012
Espinho, Portugal
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I’m not a particular adventurous girl, and I was really scared of what could find at Greg and Tom…
Me and my boyfriend arrived at the hostel at 1a.m., our flight was delayed and we didn’t have had dinner yet, we were tired… hungry … and we had an amazing surprise! The receptionist showed us our room, the bathroom and the common areas. He told us everything that we needed to know to visit Krakow and Auschwitz Concentration Camp. He also asked us to go to our room, relax a bit and return to the main common kitchen because he was going to prepare something for us to eat. Yes, we had dinner at the hostel at 1a.m. after the dinner time was over.

Our room, a private double bed room, was big, clean comfortable, and warm and with Wi-Fi access. The shared bathroom, that I thought that could be a problem, was not! Super clean, with no privacy problems.
The free meals were really free, and really good. For the breakfast they prepared pancakes, bread, toast with jam, butter, cheese, ham, fresh tomatoes; fried sausages, eggs, cereals, milk, juice, fruit, yogurt… A breakfast to please everyone!
Dinner is different every day and has a theme. We can eat as much as we want to. Honestly the free meals are an incredible extra!

To resume the location of the hostel I just have to say: We visit Krakow on foot! The central train station is just on the other side of the street… and there are also bus and tram stops on Pawia street.

To come and go to the airport we took the bus. The ticket coats 3,40 PLN (less than 1€)– 2 zones- and the trip takes 30-40 minutes.

The hostel facilities are really amazing, but the look from outside the building is not that great, but don’t be scared, because the hostel is new on the inside.

But what makes this hostel really wonderful is the staff. They are the best! We can ask them whatever we need to know, because they have really good tips… How to save money, when and how to go somewhere, the best place to do something… The staff is definitely a plus!

Don’t hesitate this is the place you want to be on your stay in Krakow!

Room Tip: The staff is wonderful and they help you with everything that you need/need to know to have the best...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Very nice hostel. It was located perfect just outside "Old town" and few meters from the biggest shopping mal in Krakow.

The staff was extremely friendly and seemed professional. Nice and simple breakfast and clean rooms plus bath.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Augsburg, Bayern, Germany
Reviewed October 24, 2012

i stayed there for one week in the 4 bed room.
pro: very good located deep in the center of the city, no bunker beds, free coffee and tea, nice common room, very friendly and talkative receptionists, rich breakfast,
cons: busy bathroom in the morning, no new towel during stay (i had to ask the cleaning staff to get a new one), beds were not made during cleaning hours, but tolerable if you keep the price in mind, and that this is no hotel but a hostel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo