“Ideal- great value for money”
Review of Pod Wawelem Hotel

Pod Wawelem Hotel
Ranked #55 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed here a couple of days ago with friends for 3 nights. It was everything we could have wanted- certainly an ideal location by the river, just a couple of minutes stroll from the castle area, 10 from the Market Square, and 15 from the Jewish Quarter- all flat. It was nice and quite (admittedly we were out of season) We were fortunate to have beautiful weather and the roof terrace was a real joy. Our room was fairly plain but quite spacious and spotlessly clean, with a very good, hot shower. Plenty of toiletries, towels, hairdryer and tea and coffee, which you don't always get. My husband and friends used the sauna and said it was good. We did pay just a little extra for a river view and were pleased we had. The downstairs restaurant was closed but the cafe/ bar was open and the meals we had there were excellent and good value for money. We also ate on the terrace. Our inclusive breakfast was very good too- something for everyone. Staff were polite, friendly and helpful and spoke good English (luckily for us!) If we go back we would definitely use this hotel again, and would most certainly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Probably worth paying just a few £s extra for the rooms with a river view, or a superior room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
BarbaraStefanska, Dyrektor generalny at Pod Wawelem Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Jennifer,
We are very happy that both our hotel and its location satisfied you and our staff could offer help to you. On your returning to Cracow, you are welcome to stay at our hotel.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I was in Kracow to work rather than as a tourist and this small hotel was perfect. It was busy but also quiet and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. It is also in the best possible location right next to the castle and easy walking straight in to the old town and along the Vistula. I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This hotel is situated opposite Wawelem Castle, and by the river.Its a 5 minute walk to the market square. The double room was small but big enough for the 2 of us, with adequate storage, and with a functional bathroom. Everything was spotlessly clean!! The buffet breakfast was really good, with something for everyone. The staff were very helpful. We would defo stay there again.

Room Tip: We had room 103 which was quiet and we have a view of the river.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sandy,
We are glad that both our hotel and services met your expectations. We are sending best regards and inviting to us again.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed there just for one night but we were able to enjoy a nice, clean, really warm room. It wasn't luxurious but it was more than enough. On the other hand, the breakfast was great. Different kinds of bread, cheese, cold cuts, yoghurt, some fruit, cakes and the view of the river was simply awesome and the wifi connection worked really well.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Great little hotel, clean and tidy rooms great food. .will definitely go back. .great location on the river bank next to the castle and ten mins away from the main square..really cold in january but looked great in the snow and the frozen River. .

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank johnie
BarbaraStefanska, General Manager at Pod Wawelem Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear John,
Thank you for Your positive feedback. We invite you also in the summer. Scenery at that time of year also looks very impressive.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and we were highly delighted with the location, room size, cleanliness and comfort of beds etc. Showers were good and hot! Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast and coffee were excellent. Only slight down side was that we kept losing wifi connection in our room. No hesitation in recommending to friends and family :)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CoombeCo
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I chose this Hotel for a weekend break in Krakow to meet up with friends. Although a bit on the pricey side, I liked the description of my room choice which stated "Riverview & Castle View!!"

So, it sounded great.... & then I checked in!! Firstly, the receptionist seemed about as enthusiastic & welcome as an astranout with a wasp in his spacesuit!!!

Anyhow, up I went to my room looking forward to my vista. I had booked a double room with smoking preference.

The room itself I'm afraid to say seemed very dated in design & decor, pretty basic, considering the price. Although I must add that it was spotlessly clean.

As for my view....... I had a lovely view of a tree & some kind of running/athletics track!!! My Riverview would have been great, if I had a neck like a giraffe to see around the corner, as per the castle.

I also noticed that the room didn't appear to be a smoking room. So, I made my way to reception to enquire about the actual room I'd booked. The happy receptionist seemed completely disinterested saying only that I "should" be able to see the river if I leaned further out the window!!! Lol I was informed there were no other rooms available as they were fully booked. I wasn't a happy camper at all. I then asked about my request of a smoking room, again I was told they couldn't facilitate me. Instead he told me to take an ashtray from the terrace bar & just smoke near the window of my room.

The only good points I can give are its location at the foot of the Royal Castle & proximity in walking into the Old Main Square. Also the free wifi worked excellently.

Overall, if you book & pay for a room that is advertised with such views, you fully expect to have such a room!! In the end I did not smoke at all in the room, as I was conscious of the fact that the next guest, if a non-smoker, would not appreciate this. Also, would I be fined or warned for smoking, in a non-smoking room?? I wouldn't take the chance.

Very disappointed overall considering the price.

• Stayed: August 2013
BarbaraStefanska, General Manager at Pod Wawelem Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your invaluable feedback. We were quite surprised to read about the attitude of our receptionist. We understand that through such attitude our customers' stay might be significantly spoiled therefore please be assured that we have taken certain steps to eradicate such attitude. We value comfort and happiness of our customers therefore if you decide to stay in our hotel again we would be delighted to offer you the best room and make sure all your needs will be taken care of properly.