“Excellent value for money & good location”

Daniel Griffin Aparthotel
Ranked #61 of 417 Specialty Lodging in Krakow
Yeovil, Somerset
“Excellent value for money & good location”
Reviewed September 28, 2009

I think we may have stayed in the same room as last reviewer! A split level 4 person room, en-suite, with shared kitchen. All very Ikea! Room was away from main reception and in very quiet street, but still 5 mins to the city. Took about 10 minutes to walk to train station. Only problem was that floors could have been cleaner. Were pleasantly surprised with the breakfast, and even more surprised that the room was serviced - bed made and clean towels every day - not something we expected in a self catering apartment. Very Cheap, Excellent Service and Brilliant City

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 27, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed only one night here during our short trip to Poland. The hotel has two separate groups of apartments separated by a five-minute walk. Our room was on the first floor of a beautiful apartment house about a half kilometer from the reception. The room was spacious and included a loft. The bathroom was also big and comfortable. Breakfast was included in the price and delivered to our room in the morning. The hotel was very inexpensive and quite close to the Krakow's many attractions. On the negative side, the walls and floor hadn't been cleaned in some time. Also, three keys were needed to enter the room. We had a situation when my girlfriend was in the room and I went out a for a walk, only to come back and have the keys not work. I tossed the keys to my girlfriend, but she was locked into the room. There was no telephone provided, so I had to walk back to the reception (1/2 km away) to get any help or service.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Liverpool
Reviewed August 13, 2009

The best thing is the location, which is very good for seeing the Old part of Krakow.
Hotel staff organise trips to Salt Mine , Auschwitz and many others. If you need they can also organise transfer from the airport which is very comfortable.
We spent 3 days in apartament with our 9-moths child. It wasn't any problem for hotel staff to organise baby bed, to warm up food for our little baby.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Brighton
Reviewed June 13, 2009

I'll admit I was a little wary of staying here given some of the earlier reviews and photos, but I ended up being very happy with my choice.
The building is centrally located, just 10 minutes' walk to the market square (where all the restaurants are) and buses and trams stop right outside Bluebells. The central bus station was about half an hour on foot.
Breakfast was more than adequate - you are given a choice of cheese/ham/bread, or cheese/jam/bread, and there is enough to make one sandwich for breakfast and have another to take away for lunch. There were also complimentary coffee and tea making facilities provided.
I liked the bedroom (room 32), which was a good size, and had a balcony overlooking the road outside. There was also a shower room , and a kitchenette area with a sink, hob and fridge. The room was quite clean and even returned one day and found all the washing up had been done.
I thought they were very accommodating at the desk - after arriving at 11.30pm, the receptionist asked what time breakfast would be needed, which is served between 8am and 10am. I asked if I could have it delivered at 6am as I had an early start, but didn't expect my request to be met as it was a bit of an imposition having arrived so late. However, a nice lady turned up at 6am precisely with breakfast.
If I have one criticism it was with the level of noise coming from outside - the window had to be kept shut all night, even though it was rather warm. There's little that can be done about street noise, however, unless the appartments come with air con.
Considering the excellent value of this hotel I would definitely stay here again.
Here are 2 tips for anyone visiting the city:
1. If you want to see the Collegium Maius, book well in advance as they were sold out of tickets for the next 5 days when I went.
2. If you visit Wawel Castle, make sure that the Dragon's Den is the last thing you do as it brings you out at the bottom of the hill and it's about a 15 minute walk back to the top.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Florence
Reviewed December 15, 2008

It was a pleasant stay, with good location near the city center (5-10 minutes walking from the Market square). Our appartment (attic 2) was in the highest lever of the building so we didn't hear any noise of the trams. The price was correct for the apartment, it was clean and the staff was very, very friendly and helpful ! I absolutely reccomend this accomodation for a weekend even for a longer stay.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — there only was local TV
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
krakow, poland
Reviewed July 20, 2008

Really enjoyed our stay at Bluebells, the room was very modern and had everything in it you would need for a week away. Receptionists are very helpful and friendly. The Bluebells is set within an apartment block - a lovely old building with a lift big enough for 2 with wooden doors inside which you had to shut firmly before it moved, it was on one of the main roads in Krakow, very busy with tram lines, but very exciting place. The only concern I had was that on the night I arrived the receptionist told me that the lift wasn't working and I had to walk up ten flights of stairs, and my partners only concern was that it is not very obvious as to where it is on the street, we were both expecting a hotel frontage, my partner walked up and down the street for an hour before he spotted the sign. But apart from that we loved it and we can't wait to go back again and Idon't think it will be too long before we do. The room was lovely, Krakow is a very interesting and beautiful place, and lovely people.

• Liked — the room was modern wtih all facilities, including tea coffee milk, washing machine everything.
  • Disliked — The stairs (some lights werent working on the stairs and my eyes are not what they used to be
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Newcastle
Reviewed June 1, 2008

right on main road with trams passing but after first night did not hear them. Very clean but no wardrobe, there was a chest of drawers, etc. coathangers. Very clean bathroom and shower. Very good value breakfast delivered to your room.
Very central to market square about 10 minutes, 10 minutes to the castle. Tram stopped outside for the train station and then we got a train to the airport. Very good value 6 zolty and took just over 45 minutes from leaving apartment. Plenty of 24 hour shops selling everything.
We went on a trip to the Black Madonna monastery very good value and worth seeing as is the salt mine.

• Liked — situation
  • Disliked — no wardrobe
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)