“Good Reasonable hotel”

Ranked #100 of 260 Hotels in Krakow
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Good Reasonable hotel”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Good points: Great location - near shopping mall and train station and 5 minutes walk to old town. Reasonable price, very clean, excellent plumbing / hot water, friendly staff, Good breakfast.
Not so good: The breakfast room doubles up as a restaurant /bar (apparently). I did not eat or drink there as it had no soul. Even when I tried to get a drink, no staff were in evidence, and I couldn't be bothered to ask reception. Hotel beer garden appears to be an umbrella in the back courtyard(!)
No matter how long you stay, you'll get a 1 x 1.5 litre of complementary water when you arrive. After that you'll have to buy it from the bar (if you can find the staff) for 10 Polish Zloty....as it only costs 1.75 Zloty in the shops, forget that!

Room Tip: Where ever you are you'll need to close the windows at night!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2013

If you're going to go three star in Krakow then this is the one .... Basic but exceptionally quiet and clean with a nice, hot shower. Excellent location ... just five minutes from the main square. Never ate in the restaurant but the breakfast was really good. In our experience the staff were more than helpful ... next time I'm in Krakow I will definitely stay again :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Its a good hotel, a bit basic with no frills. Its clean and cumfy. The staff are freindly. The location is great, very close to the centre. There are a couple of negatives, There isn't a pub in the hotel, the pictures on its web site make it look far better than it actualy does. and there are not tea making facilites in the room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in late March whilst visiting the usual touristy places in Krakow. Arrived at around 10am, before check in time, and our room was ready so we were able to check in. Hotel is well presented and clean. Staff are friendly and helped with public transport directions to the salt mines and Auschwitz. The room was large with two single beds (double beds aren't available so they told us to push them together). The bathroom was large and cleaned daily as was the whole room. Fresh towels each day too. The breakfast was okay. It included Hot Dog sausages and scrambled egg (which were cold most mornings) Olives, gherkins, peppers, bread, cereal, yoghurts, cold meats and cheeses and oranges along with fruit juices coffee tea and hot chocolate. The staff refilled the breakfast buffet pretty quickly when they ran out. The Hotel is in wonderful location just 2 minutes walk from the large shopping centre and central train/bus station and about a 5 minute walk the opposite was to the old town. Overall, a lovely convenient stay and cheap for the centre of Krakow.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FLM93
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Had two nights at this hotel the Thursday-Saturday just gone. We really enjoyed are stay at this hotel it is a 5 minute walk to the main square and a 10 minute walk to the bus station, very pleasant staff. The rooms are pretty big and the beds are so comfy!! only downside was the shower which which wouldn't stay on the holder. We had a fantastic sleep and couldn't hear any noise from other guests or from outside. For the price is fantastic and I don't no how people can moan about the place and give bad ratings.

• Stayed April 2013
United States
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I left this hotel this a.m. and REALLY wanted to give it a good rating but afraid I can't without warning of a few issues. It's an almost classic example of a hotel you really enjoy despite a few problems and then ruined because of obnoxious staff.

Pros: Great location, and we got a good rate. The hotel is clean though a bit spartan/utilitarian and my room included a sauna! I'm not sure if I was supposed to use it or not but I did.

Cons: Staff on my visit were not what I would remotely call friendly but the woman working on the front desk this morning was downright surly. We checked out early because our flight was at 7am. The elevators opened to a completely black lobby. All the lights were out except for the lone reading light over the woman working the front desk. I happened to notice a man sitting in the dark but only because I passed within feet of him. The receptionist then said she had to charge us some room tax that wasn't already pre-paid and then HUFFED when I asked it she could turn a light on so I could see what change I had in my pocket. I kid you not it was pitch black. After we paid, the man in the chair got up and unlocked the door to let us out. Creepy.

We had an issue with water leaking from under our shower. Because it was ceramic flooring, the water would run out into the hallway so we had to walk around barefoot because our feet got wet. We mentioned it to the front desk and their solution was to throw a towel on the floor.

As I mentioned our room had a sauna located in a corridor that also had a roll-up door that didn't come all the way down to the floor - leaving about an 8 inch space underneath. I don't know what was behind that door as it was locked (I checked) but it was rather odd.

Definitely a budget hotel. I noticed quite a few hotels within easy walking distance of the train station that I'd be inclined to try before I ever considered staying here again. The Matejko can thank the extremely rude woman working the front desk this morning for sending this customer elsewere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business