All reviews train station old town great location shopping centre church bells the main square basic hotel breakfast selection three star good size short break minute walk no air con our room was spacious auschwitz hairdryer salt
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Very good 3 star hotel. Excellent location as only few minutes from stations and main square . Rooms big, breakfast filling and front staff very Helpful.
Had to leave early to catch plane after my visit and they made me a take away breakfast. Super. Thank you really enjoyed my stay in krakow

Date of stay: February 2013
1  Thank PhilipB396
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Spent 3 nights here with my husband, our room was big and warm with a comfy bed. Breakfast was good and plenty of choice. It's location is ideal not far from train station or the main square. I think we a good choice staying at this hotel and would recommend it to anyone.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank hendygirl
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have been to Cracow many times, but this is the first time that I have stayed at Hotel Matejko. I didn't know what to expect, but I quickly discovered that I made the right choice. I really did enjoy my stay at Hotel Matejko. If arriving by train, save yourself some money and just walk to the place from the train station, plus you'll go by a nice galleria mall and get a chance to grab something that you may need before you check into the hotel. Checking in is a breeze, lovely front desk staff, and you will feel at ease and at home as soon as you walk into the place. My room was very clean and I had a nice view of a church and beautiful mature trees. What I love about these smaller hotels in central Cracow, and in Poland in general, is that you can open the windows and get some fresh morning air. The location of this hotel is absolutely fantastic, and you can walk to all the main attractions. The breakfast was included and I enjoyed it very much. I also had dinner once at the hotel restaurant. It was very good and both the waitress and the chef were very accommodating with respect to some changes and additions to what I have ordered that evening. The hotel has a little courtyard and I took my breakfast over there, plus would drop by there for a drink or coffee. It's a very small outdoor space, but cozy. There is a tour guide business on the same street, so you can have breakfast and then just take any tour that it offers. I went to Wieliczka, the famous salt mine, which is a must to see when visiting Cracow and the area. Great location, excellent value, very clean, safe, and pleasant staff. I will be returning to Cracow and I do plan to stay at Hotel Matejko for the second time.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank mirelka
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great location 150 yds From the station. Clean and good value. Buffet breakfast not bad and served 7-10. Nice warm rooms and again clean. TV and a phone book, thats it, no coffee making facilities, hair dryer, pen and paper, maps, guide books etc. although I'm sure most of these things would have been avaliable from reception. BIG gripe - they charge for wi-fi. come on this is 2013 !! Still at least they do have it. I paid £25 a night early Feb. Have stayed before and will use again.

Room tip: If you have a choice book lower floors. Lift is not super quick.
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank Hugh J
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Very central. Decor is a little dated but the hotel is clean and warm. Staff friendly.Slept very well. Very good breakfast buffet. Small bar with decent enough hot food menu. Overall good value for money.

Date of stay: January 2013