“Can definitely recommend”

Ranked #49 of 259 Hotels in Krakow
Manchester, UK
“Can definitely recommend”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in August 2013. The hotel is on the side of the river and appox 20 mins walk from the Main Square, the taxi ride back is appox £6 for 4 people (worth it when you've got aching feet!!!). The rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean. There is a fantastic selection of food at breakfast. Staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel has a small boat, leaves on the hour up to 5pm. You can do a round trip or get off at the Castle (which we did). Would recommend the free walking tour which starts in the Square and the electric car tours too. Plenty of restaurants on the Square to choose from. Would stay here again if we came back to Krakow.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girldriend stayed here for 3 nights and was amaising! We enjoyed every bit of our journey here in Krakow. The room is flowless, the hotel looks great, breakfast is perfect for me ( and I am very hard to please when it comes to food) and the view from the room was incredible! If you want to go to the main square you are 15 min walk or 2 min walk from the tram! I defenitly reccomand this hotel to anyone who comes to Krakow!

• Stayed August 2013
Helsingborg, Sweden
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Me and my husband stayed at the Qubus hotel in Krakow for 3 nights in August 2013. We arrived early by train from Vienna and it was a good 30 minutes walk from the train station. The hotel is right by the river, just and approx. 15 minutes walk from the old town. The hotel is bright and modern with large rooms and bathroom. We had a nice room overlooking the river with wonderful views overlooking the river and the city! The breakfast was delicious with plenty of hot and cold alternatives (and I am a fussy eater!). We used their indoor pool and sauna as well which was nice and relaxing, maybe it could be opened a bit longer .The location is good although if you don't like walking it might be best taking a cab to and from the station and to the old town. We didn't eat in the hotel's restaurant but ate in the old town (would recommend a Georgian restaurant in the corner of the main square in the old town!). The hotels staff were ok, we only really spoke to them when we checked in and out. Qubus hotel Krakow is a good hotel and great value for money!

Room Tip: Try to egt a room on a higher floor overlooking the city and river
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Flosjo
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a lovely hotel, very clean, good restaurant, helpful staff. Our stay was thoroughly spoiled unfortunately. A large group of students arrived on our second day, very noisy teenagers running up and down the corridor shouting to each other, banging doors incessantly. Either a poor or uncaring decision by management to put all the female students on the 5th floor where we had our room resulted in me being woken up at 1am by screaming girls outside my room, by 1.30am I had had enough, rang down and ranted at reception and then told the girls off and instructed them in no uncertain terms to go to bed - why on earth should I have to sort these students out!! After my rant the hotel moved us to a room on the 7th floor so we got some sleep after that thank goodness. We booked this hotel because they have a jazz club so there was some entertainment in the evening, we listened to a fantastic band with a wonderful guitarist on the Friday night, we were looking forward to a nice night there on the Saturday night but to add insult to injury, they gave the room to the students for a private party and cancelled the jazz night. What about your other residents Qubus - this is pure greed and total disregard for other guests. I was furious and after a conversation with the duty manager the hotel did give us some drinks, complimentary transfer to the airport (oh and a kit kat and peanuts from the mini bar), which I was grateful to accept but my holiday was still ruined.
I don't know if the hotel have students there regularly but before you book you should email them and ask as this will spoil your stay. If there were no students it would have been a really nice stay and I would have recommended it for its quality and location - walking distance to Schindlers Factory where you can get an open air trolley to the centre for 40zl, we walked back and it took 25 minutes. The hotel can arrange trips for you which is very handy. Meals in the hotel are very nice and its has a nice ambiance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Coathanger81
QubusHotel, Wojciech Włodarczyk, Deputy General Manager at Qubus Hotel Krakow, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing our hotel. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay in Cracow. I am also happy to hear that you liked our hotel, especially our quality and location, jazz night and restaurant.
I am very sorry to hear about inconveniences you have described in your review.
We already spoke on the phone but once again I would like to apologize you for the discomfort. As you wrote, we had a large group of students which did not follow the hotel rules on the first night. The next day when we found about that situation we spoke to the tour company and disciplined the group. We also offered you room on the 7th floor, away from the group. I am sorry we were not able to offer you such room on your first night. We have already spoken with the staff responsible for the areas and together we introduced some changes that should prevent such situations in the future.
If you decide to give our hotel the second chance please contact me directly so I make sure your stay is perfect this time.
At the same time I would like to thank you for letting us know about such situations so we can avoid them in the future.
We hope to see you again.
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2013

15 minute walk from the main tourist attractions in Krakow, this hotel is spotless and comfortable with friendly staff. 100 different food stuffs for breakfast makes for a great start to the day. Great riverside walks just outside the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mcnabit
Lugano, Switzerland
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I knew when I booked this hotel that it was not exactly in the centre of Krakow but no problem you can take their boat which delivers you to the door-step of Wawel Castle in 25 minutes for free. Another positive; the hotel is just across the river from the funky district of Kazimierz. With respect to the hotel itself I was very pleased with the price/quality ratio. The rooms are modern and well appointed and from our window we had a nice view of the Vistula ,the Krakow skyline and saw some stunning sunsets.The staff are very friendly and helpful and last but not least the breakfast is copious with an excellent variety of food to choose from. A couple of things did cross my mind which could be improved in my view, is it neccesary for the air-conditioning in the lobby to be working at full blast,I felt at times I was standing behind a jet-engine!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 6th floor with river view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Darwin1859
Manchester,Uk
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Absolutely fantastic hotel. A little way out of centre but it is so worth it. Very clean and modern an the staff had dealings with were amazing,very polite and very helpful. Also very knowledgeable on the area and great advice for the tourist on what to do and how to do it,ie- train etc...Lovely rooms and breakfast was the best I have ever had, you name it,they had it. The hotel as its own boat which will take you to Wawel castle and also pick you up from there too. Very nice captain and he will answer all your questions too if he can. Tip from me to the hotel is,re-locate your coffee and tea machines. They are tucked at the back so you then have to navigate your way through a crowd at the buffet with a full cup of red hot liquid. Thats asking for trouble there., Everything else was perfect and my wife and I had a wonderful stay there and I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear you have spent such a good time in our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed our facilities, food and customer service. We are also happy you liked our boat cruise – Captain says hello!
It is our goal to provide the best service possible to our guests and such opinions are the best rewards we can get! Thank you for your comment about coffee machine location. We will take it into consideration.
We are looking forward to seeing you soon.