“I can find nothing wrong - and I do try!!”
Review of Qubus Hotel Krakow

Qubus Hotel Krakow
Ranked #47 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I'm quite picky but cannot fault this hotel for its price, and even if it were dearer I'd still have trouble criticising.

As others have said, its modern, and very well thought out decor wise - the zebrano type wood in the bedrooms continues in the restaurant, and one thing I thought particularly nice was the corridor carpets were red with white patterning, and the carpet in the bedrooms was exact reverse, which gave continuity. Nice touches - an umbrella in the room plus an iron and ironing board, still an dfizzy water refreshed free every day. No tea making facilties - but I think thats a British thing, and don't expect it in Europe, and the pillows others complain about I thought were great - so much so I took note of ther supplier to try and get some!! I've met them before in Austria, and again it's a European thing - they're not British, remember!

Breakfast exceptional - 10 prepared fresh fruits plus 'straight' unpeeled untouched fruit, and strawberry jam to die for! We had no problems with seating over our 5 night stay, and I was in a wheelchair so would have had difficulty in reaching the top level but didn't have to for breakfast. We didn't book a low table for dinner one night, and I had to clamber the stairs but the staff were most apologetic and helped me so I cannot complain.

Due to our travelling difficulties we did use the restaurant every night and weren't disappointed once - on Tuesdays and Thursdays they offer fresh river trout (in small print but definitely worth remembering - delightful!). Portions were huge - I didn't finish a dish I think, and even 'simple' ice cream came with fresh fruit salad.

Staff are one of this hotles biggest assets - smart, polite, well englished - all a pleasure. Room was pristine, even things like grout which let down so many places. My only minor niggle was standard bath towels - I much prefer sheets - and I was told there are a lot of comments about these but they are standard across the group - I didn't have the heart to say they could be larger across the group then!

Taxi to town was about 15 zloty, £3, although we did walk back along the river one day, which was fine for me but pushing a chair in 35 degree heat (unseasonable we were told, more like August) wasn't easy. Spot the pig in the river and tell me if you find out its reason!

In town, the underground museum isn't in many guide books 'cos it only opened 2010/11, but was worth it's 17 zloty admission, and had a nice small fairly exclusive cos of its location cafe.

Would definitely stay again on future visits to Krakow - can't say better.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better river view, and the panoramic internal lift is entertaining (but no river v...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank broomsticklady2
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Hello

It's very nice to hear that You've had such a great time in our hotels. We also try to keep our service at the highest level. We hope You'll be able to visit one of our hotels in the future.

Regards
Qubus Hotel

There are newer reviews for Qubus Hotel Krakow

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed at the Qubus at the end of April 2012, a taxi from the airport was around £26. The hotel is in the podgorze area of Krakow and is around a 15-20min walk (taxi was around 15-25 zloty) to Rynek glowny (the main square) with lots of lovely cafes and restaurants. The Qubus is very modern and clean and all the staff were very friendly. There is a small pool on the top floor with a jacuzzi, along with a sauna and steam room which are free for guests and perfect for relaxing tired feet after a day exploring Krakow. There is also a nice bar area at the reception which is resonably priced. Breakfast had lots of choice- juices, teas, coffee, cereals, yoghurts, rolls, fresh fruit, pastries and cakes as well as hot choices such as bacon and eggs. The only thing I would suggest would be that it would be a good idea to have one of the waiting staff show guests to a table as we found it to be very busy at around 8.30am so there ended up being too many people in the dining room for the number of tables at times.
The Qubus also has its own boat and the captain will take you a lovely little trip up the river and drop you off at Wawel castle, you can also quickly walk to the main square from here. This is free for guests and bookable at reception.
We also booked excursions and our taxi back to the airport in the excursions office in the hotel (round the cornor from the lifts). Excursions to the salt mines and Auschwitz-Birkenau were very resonably priced (around £23 per person) and included pick up from right outside the hotel and I would highly recommend visiting both these sites to anyone visiting krakow. Schindler's museum which is very close to the hotel is very thought provoking and also well worth a visit. Other than that be sure to visit the main square and sit outside and watch the world go by! I'd recommend Bohema restaurant on a street off the main square for polish food and there were lots of nice italian restaurants in the main square.
All in all Krakow is a great city and the qubus is a great hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank You for Your opinion. Our customers impressions allow us to constantly offer the best possible standard of service by eliminating our weak points.

We will send the restaurant tables idea to the Hotel and take it into concideration.

Thank You for choosing Qubus Hotel during Your stay in Krakow. We are looking forward to welcome You again in one of our Hotels.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Our room was clean and well equipped. We didn't use the pool at the top but apparently it's great. The hotel is just off the river and it's a ten to fifteen minute walk up one straight road to the old town so very simple. There is a tram you can catch but we prefer to walk. The hotel doesn't have much character (probably because of its size) but if you want somewhere which is clean, modern, well priced and in a good location this is the place for you. They also offer luggage storage free of charge which was useful.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MONKEY0006
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Thank You for Your stay, we hope You had a really great time and will visit Qubus Hotel Krakow in the future

Reviewed June 18, 2012

The hotel was the biggest surprise I have ever had based on all hotel stays in the past few years. I believe this hotel is marketed as a 3 star basic hotel for business travelers. However, I think the hotel is more a 4 star with a 3 star pricing. A great hotel not to be missed when you're in Cracow!

The +s:

- awesome breakfast - with great selection of breads, meats, warm sausages and different types of eggs, awesome fruits. Breakfast similar to 5 star hotels, selection and variety was amazing
- room was nice, too! Bed comfortable, room was bigger than a room in a 5 star Grand Hotel in Sopot
- fast staff
- smooth check in
- good location
- very cheap for what it offers, especially if you book over internet directly from their website

The -s
- I don't remember any!
- perhaps they should charge more as people may think they are an average 3 star hotel by looking at pricing whereas the hotel offers 4 star service!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Great location, nice construction and friendly service are the strongest points of this accomodation place. With its extremely attractive location Qubus Hotel Krakow is a very convenient starting point for both: sightseeing and bussiness travel. Its cuisine will also satisfy almost every demanding customer. Do not forget to visit swimming pool and jaccuzzi before another busy day in Cracow or around.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We went to Krakow for the Jubilee weekend and as such we paid top dollar for both our flight and our accomodation. We thought as we were paying that sort of money we would stay in a suite at the hotel.

The photos on the Qubus site of the suite looked great, reality on the other hand was not so great. The 'suite' was a small standard room with a little sitting area and the bathroom was smaller than most hotel rooms. Disappointing.

The rooms themselves have everything you need in them but as one previous reviewer mentioned the pillows are an odd shape and quite uncomfortable. The bed itself was too soft for my husband and I, but then it is a matter of personal preference.

The breakfast in the hotel is lovely, the food at dinner time for the money is adequate, there are much better places to eat a 5 min walk over the bridge to Kazimierz.

There is a free boat shuttle from the hotel to the castle area which is handy but we found taxis quite cheap also which made up for the fact the hotel is a bit out of the centre.

Overall a good hotel but I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovemelbournefood
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Based on the price we payed for our weekend in Qubus, we did'nt get our hopes up much regarding the hotel, but thought it would be conveniant located. We got a spacious room, with a great view (asked spesifically for room with a view). It was modern and comfortalbe, and nicely decorated. We loved the pool aerea - very relaxing and peaceful. Had just one meal in the hotel restaurant. Not breath-taking exactly, so we explored other places to eat instead :-) The staff was professional - this is a business hotel, so I guess they all spoke good english. Really good value for the money in this place :-) We do recommend it!

Room Tip: Pick a room with a view :-)
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple