“Awesome Cold War display.”

Polish Aviation Museum
Ranked #10 of 312 things to do in Krakow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Can't imagine too many other aviation museums with so many Cold War aircraft exhibits. Migs and Sukhois everywhere, many pre 80's. lovely to see a Polish AF Spitfire Mk IX although can't believe it was outside in the rain! Excellent exhibition hanger full of engines (early pistons right through to Su27 jet engines.) lots of ground equipment, missiles, radar vehicles etc. You'll need a taxi ride or several buses to get there but worth the effort. Pity many of the aircraft are showing signs of decay now. Not sure how long some of them will last, so sooner rather than later.....

2  Thank Steve B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,086)

Reviewed May 4, 2014

You can spend a couple of hours at this place just browsing at the aircraft and taking photographs, reding the information boards. This museum appears to be a bit of a secret as you do not see a lot of information about it. Go out of your way and find it !!!!

3  Thank RobsterWirral
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Hard to find, but worth the trouble once you find it. Displays are impressive, and the aircraft on static display outside was impressive

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I found this online while researching our visit to Krakow. It was a holiday I'd booked for my husband who is very much interested in Military history, so it sounded ideal. I have to say in Krakow itself, in all the tourist information centres and guide books, this wonderful museum was not really listed. We spoke to the staff at our hotel, who told us where it was, and told us, that it was quite hard to get to on public transport, they reccomended a taxi, and wrote down the addresss of the museum for us. Off we went, jumped in a taxi, the museum itself wasn't too far out of Krakow , it cost the grand sum of about £4-5... It cost about £3, if that, to get in, we wandered about for a good couple of hours or more taking in all the displays, planes from several countries not just Poland, old to modern day; engines; uniforms; East/West hanger and memorabelia; many, many planes outside to get up close to. I can't go into all the names of planes, as I don't really know them, however my husband was in his glory and I have to say I enjoyed wandering about taking it all in too. Vending hot/cold drink and snack machines inside as well as a gift shop. On leaving the receptionist called us a taxi which arrived in 5mins flat. Well worth a visit...

3  Thank Rhona A
Reviewed April 16, 2014

What more can I say?? My teenage boys didn't want to sight see, or shop, so off they went to the Aviation Museum. they spent five hours there, took hundreds of photos and declared it the best museum they had been to. They were particularly proud of having seen a jet powered bi-plane. :-0

3  Thank Esskay16