“Wonderful hotel”
Review of Wit Stwosz Hotel

Wit Stwosz Hotel
Ranked #73 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed August 2, 2011

My wife, grandson and I stayed at the Wit Stwosz hotel two nights in June and returned two weeks later for one night in July, 2011 and loved every minute. The location was perfect, the staff very pleasant, the price was reasonable, the breakfast adequate, but the best part was the music conservatory next door. We were able to hear several students practicing their music, especially the organ. What a wonderful way to go to sleep. The next time we're in Krakow I know we'll stay at the Wit Stwosz hotel.

Room Tip: Our third floor room was quite large and very clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelinJud
There are newer reviews for Wit Stwosz Hotel

Reviewed June 16, 2011

This is a beautiful hotel in an old building. I had a large room in the attics with a working skylight. Despite the old building, the bathroom was modern and had cool lighting. I was awakened by someone practicing the organ in the music school next door. That suited me just fine.
The breakfast was among the best I've experienced on my wide and numerous travels. Served in a grotto-like basement, the selection was beautiful.
Service was very friendly. I was sorry I stayed only one night.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank freqtrav17
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Recent second floor upgrades are nice. But no free Wifi except in lobby is annoying nickel and dining. Staff was helpful with early check-in needs. Night reception clerk was subtly annoyed at sharing her totally empty lobby with me after midnight. I like hotel Eva better for quiet and other reasons, by it is out of Zentrum. All beds in mid-range quarters of this country have been monastically hard twins, and too short for my 6'6" length, but a $100 + premium for U.S. Sized bed in other quarters seems excessive.

Room Tip: Front of hotel windows will be noisy if open
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank JPL1
Reviewed September 13, 2010

If I only could I would live in that place! It is located in the very climatic sophisticated building nextr to Main Market Square. it is lead by church, but it is really luxury. Great old fashioned interiors make staying in this hotel non forgotten experience. Plenty of pubs and restaurants around. Especially Club RE in with the great garden is worth reccomendation.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jacekg82
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I stayed here at the end of longer trip throughout southern Poland, and it was very pleasant. The hotel staff were extremely accommodating in terms of storing luggage, assisting with tour arrangements, etc. They also arranged for a taxi to the airport for me at an ungodly hour - 3:15am! On a very quiet street a block or two off the main square in Old Town, with a very nice restaurant directly next door. My only complaint was trying to get to bed early (9pm) was a challenge - there's a music conservatory right next door and rehearsals went on later into the evening. If noise is an issue for you, try to request a room in the front of the hotel rather than the back.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Jennilyn14
Reviewed May 16, 2010

I stayed here three times in May and June 2009. The location is ideal for exploring the old town on foot, and it's a short, easy walk with luggage from the train and bus stations. As with other central hotels there can be a modest amount of street noise when the bars close in the small hours. You're unlikely to be disturbed if you use earplugs. The rooms I stayed in were large and perfectly clean, though a bit dark. One had a window with no view to speak of, the other an operable skylight. Staff was professional. Breakfast was above average, a buffet spread about 6 feet square loaded with a good variety of tasty choices.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 26, 2010

My wife is in a wheelchair. We had the only accessable room (I think #13). This was a three room suite. A hugh sitting room (about 20 ft square) a bedroom and accessable bath. Yes the furnishings were old (antiques?) but the room was biggest we have ever been in in 11 trips to Europe!! Unfortunately the lift did not go to the basement restaurant. However the very polite and helpfull English speaking staff offered to bring breakfast to our room. So we had breakfast in this hugh red velvet decorated room feeling a little like semi-royalty! For dinner we enjoyed the nearby restaurants. The room was clean and the bed a little soft but comfortable. The location just off the main square was fantastic. In a wheelchair? Contact the Wit Stwosz. I recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bubber8
Travelers also viewed these Krakow hotels
Hotel Elektor
#125 of 261 in Krakow
Hotel Santi
Hotel Santi
#27 of 261 in Krakow

Been to Wit Stwosz Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wit Stwosz Hotel

Address: ul. Mikolajska 28, Krakow 31-027, Poland
Location: Poland > Southern Poland > Lesser Poland Province > Krakow > Stare Miasto
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Airport Transportation
Ranked #73 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Price Range: $104 - $166 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Wit Stwosz Hotel 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wit Stwosz Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.