1,425 results
All reviews old town jewish quarter the main square the holiday inn great hotel cherry vodka recommend this hotel excellent location reception staff salt mines five minute walk single room good size scrambled eggs comfortable room packed lunch train station
Reviewed November 5, 2018

The hotel was much better than we had expected.
Eccellent staff ,location and clean rooms
It’s very close to The City Centre ,which you can reach on foot.
We really loved it since it was cosy.The bed was comfortable too.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2018

We stayed here based on our daughter's recommendation. This was a lovely hotel. The staff were all exceptional, the room better than we could have expected in a 3 star hotel and it was great value. It would be difficult to find any areas of improvement here. Stay here and enjoy.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2018

First, I had a room in the back of the hotel and literally it was the quietest hotel room I have ever stayed in. But more importantly, the location is fantastic; it's not in the main old town area, but it is a 3 minutes walk and it is easy walking distance to the Old Jewish Quarter. Transportation/trams were easily accessible from the area as well. Most importantly, the staff went above and beyond to help me, give me advice, got me onto a tour of the salt mines at the last minute, stored my luggage, answered my questions...need I go on? The hotel is not basic (not luxury) - but it is quaint/European, very clean, and the room and bathroom (at least mine) were a good size. The breakfast also was quite good. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room tip: Rooms in the back seem to be quieter because they are not on a main road.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 2, 2018

The staff at the hotel are some of the friendliest and helpful that you're going to find anywhere in Europe. They also have an excellent vegetarian restaurant serving creative dishes along with fresh smoothies.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

Hotel Wielopole is in a great central location and is in easy reach if the old town, and Jewish quarter. Trams are on the doorstep for anywhere else.
Some may regard the rooms as outdated but we were more than happy with decor. Tea making facilities, fridge and tv . Our room was cleaned on a daily basis to a high standard and 2 bottles of complimentary still water was left each day. We also had a Handy Travel Buddy in our room which though we did not use was a nice touch.
The staff were all very helpful and friendly and were able to arrange airport transfers, trips and give local information.
Breakfast was the usual continental type. Not really to my personal taste though; but that’s just a personal thing.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple