“Simply Superb”
Review of Wielopole Hotel

Wielopole Hotel
Ranked #16 of 267 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed July 16, 2009

I used to work in the hotel industry and I can be very critical when it comes to hotel standard. But I have only praise for this hotel. I stayed for 6 days ending 15/07/09, and everything from the tangibles to the untangibles were great. The receptionists were courteous at all times. The housekeeping was efficient. The restaurant staff most obliging - how many 3* hotels would cook the eggs to your order there and then?

One slight problem if you are checking in during summer is that the curtains are thin and unlined. Someone mentioned it here before and so I took along my own eyeshade in case I wanted to sleep in.

I would definitely recommend it for its location, cleanliness, friendliness and last but not least, value for money.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank engam
Write a ReviewReviews (1,291)

Reviewed June 30, 2009

I have just come back from a 4 days holidays in Krakow and I had an excellent stay in Wielopole.
This hotel is in the city centre, very close to the most important point of interest in the city, as well as to restaurants and other amenities, so that you can easily explore the monuments and the nightlife.
The rooms are very clean and tidy.
Staff is simply great. I often travel for work and I have never met such a helpful and friendly staff like the one in Wielopole.
Should I come back to Krakow I would definitely choose the Wielopole again!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carlo_Milan
Reviewed June 30, 2009

I stayed at this hotel about 2 years ago, and was just recently remembering my trip and wanted to post a review.

I found the Wielopole hotel to be quite lovely, and enjoyed my stay very much. Having never been to Krakow before, I was able to take a bus from the train station, get off when it looked like we were in the city center and wander until I found the hotel. It is very centrally located, and was great for walking to all of the attractions and bars in Krakow.

The room was a decent size with two twin beds pushed together, and a TV and a desk and wardrobe. The bathrom was small, that is my only complaint, but I wasn't expecting much. Pretty standard for a budget European hotel.

The downstairs of the hotel has a breakfast area where we were able to sit and play games on evening, without even ordering anything to eat or drink. Quite friendly staff.

Also, the hotel sends me a Christmas card every year, which always makes me smile!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DCMcG
Reviewed June 22, 2009

We visited Krakow in January but our room at the Holiday Inn was 2*not 5* as some agencies rate it.
The Wielopole is opposite the Holiday Inn so great location,Rynek,Wawel Castle and Jewish Quarter an esy walk away.
The hotel has a small recepton area with free coffee,tea and biscuits available and helpful and smiley receptionists. Our room was medium sized and simle but airy with french windows onto a small balcony. Thought had gone into the planning. The air conditioning worked a treat and cooled or heated the room in minutes. A separate radiator kept the bathroom warm. Decent wardrobe space and separate hooks for outdoor or wet clothes. The bathroomhad a good power shower with a large shower tray. There was room for toiletries and plenty of hooks for towels andsponge bags. Strangely no shower cap - more helpful than providing shampoo! . The curtians were unlined which could prove a problem in Summer for those that need darkness to sleep.
This hotel would be our choice if we visit again. I t more than earns it's 3*
Polselska street:across the ring road and go left diagonally through Planty there is a road of restuarants. We ate at a Polish one at the far end. An Italian halfway along , full of locals and at the near enda Polish?Hungarian one with brilliant Hungarian food and nrxt door Paese which had just reopened and where we had a three course meal with wine for £30 for two which would have cost well over £100 in London.
INFORMATION- The Jewish Quarter closes down on a Tuesday.The alterpiece at St Mary,s is opened 10 minutes after the church opens with a small fanfare. A magical moment.
Sall golf trollies are used for sightseeing if needed (in rain). They are very reasonable with commentary. Our guide turned it off sometimes to practice his English and was very informative. No name but if his face lights up when you mention The Wars of The Roses you have the right guy

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2009

Hotel Weilopole is in an excellent location, within a five minute walk of the old town area and a 10-15 minute walk from the train station. It offered free wireless internet access in the room, along with good air conditioning. The room was clean. The pictures of the rooms on-line do not do them justice.
My husband and I stayed for only one night there unexpectedly. We had originally booked a Romance Package at Hotel Amber to celebrate our wedding anniversary (for 113 euros). But when we arrived at Amber, they apologetically informed us that we could not stay there, as the previous occupants of the room we had been assigned had broken the bed and no other room was available. Hotel Amber then paid a taxi to take us to Hotel Wielopole, its sister hotel, for the same package. We really enjoyed our short stay there! A bottle of sparkling wine and a large box of chocolates were already waiting in our room. At breakfast, we were pleasantly surprised that they had set up a table for us, with fresh rose petals sprinkled on it. They also surprised us with large fruit-cup treats. When we checked out, they gave us a little print of a painting of Krakow. People were extremely friendly, polite, and helpful. We would like to stay there again if we return to Krakow.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Centrally located, comfy and quiet, great service, helpful staff. Near to city center and Kazmierez. Hotel appears brand new as everything is new inside, very clean......quiet, Nice breakfast from 7-11, free cookies and coffee and tea during the day till around 5:00m. Walking distance ( a minute ) to the tram stop. Staff helpful so you know which tram to take. Slept very well without any noise or disturbance. Didnt hear any guests and windows really thick so you dont hear any ouside noise at all.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2009

We had a great stay in this hotel. It's in a really central position and handy for everything. We asked for, and were given, a quiet, non-smoking room. The air conditioning worked well and wasn't too noisy. We had a twin room - one bed was comfortable, but the other had springs sticking through the mattress, which made for a fairly uncomfortable night. I'm sure this would have been rectified if we had complained, but as we were only staying three nights we just took turns of the uncomfortable one!! The staff were a little slow in replenishing the hot water and bread at breakfast, but all the staff were very pleasant. Would certainly stay here again and would recommend it to friends. Loved the City and really enjoyed the cafe culture. The main purpose of our trip was to visit Auschwitz. It was very harrowing but we're so glad we went. Words can't describe how we felt about it.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple