1,407 results
All reviews old town jewish quarter the main square the holiday inn great hotel cherry vodka recommend this hotel excellent location reception staff salt mines five minute walk single room good size scrambled eggs comfortable room small balcony train station
Reviewed May 30, 2015

I stayed here in May 2015 for two nights with my wife and teenage daughter.

I chose the hotel based on the reviews on Tripadvisor, the location and price.

The Hotel lived up to my expectations but I was surprised just how close it was to the old town, so in this respect it did exceed my expectations.

We were greeted with a friendly and very helpful reception. Check-in time was 1pm and we had arrived early so we were not expecting the room to be ready. This wasn't a problem as we were able to leave our luggage in a secure locked luggage room and take a walk around the nearby square.

The room was very clean and spacious and overlooked Ul Wielopole. There was a double-bed (made up from two singles) and a double-bed sofa-bed. My daughter found the sofa-bed very comfortable, but, I found my bed to be too soft for my creaking old bones.

We only ate breakfast in the hotel which was more than adequate. There was a good selection of meats, yoghurts, pastries served as a buffet.

In summary the hotel was ideal for our short family stay and an ideal location for exploring Krakow, especially the main square.

I would definitely stay there again, hopefully for longer, so that I can explore a little more of what Krakow has to offer.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank markfromessex
Reviewed May 27, 2015

My second time to stay in the wielopole and once again I can't fault it. Excellent...staff extremely friendly and helpful, rooms clean and comfortable. Great breakfast. There is a lovely relaxed atmosphere in the hotel. Highly recommend this hotel for its location and excellent service.

Reviewed May 26, 2015

We stayed for three nights in mid May. The welcome was very friendly, the room spotless and well appointed (the comfiest bed I have EVER slept in) and the breakfast perfectly adequate. All in all, a great stay and we would definitely return.

1  Thank Annemmtg
Reviewed May 23, 2015

Visited Krakow for 4 nights in April. This friendly hotel was just ideal. It's location is great, only a few minutes walk from the main square but also in the direction of the Jewish quarter. So all the main sites were in walking distance. The staff on reception were some of the friendliest and most helpful that I have across. Immediately after booking we received an email offering us all sorts of services. We took up their offer of organising a lift from the airport, which worked out great. Reception are also happy to organise whatever trips you require, although we had already arranged these ourselves. Wifi was good in the rooms. The rooms were fine and comfortable. The hotel is fairly small with a vegetarian restaurant that we did not use. We did though enjoy a reasonable breakfast each morning. Note that breakfast is not vegetarian, which suited us.

Date of stay: April 2015
2  Thank Martin W
Reviewed May 19, 2015

We found this hotel by chance and were delighted with the service and location.
Our room was slightly old fashioned but immaculately clean and comfortable.
The staff were without exception friendly and very helpful and always had an answer to our questions, providing advice and accurate directions to places when asked.
The breakfast was good and the daytime conversion to a vegetarian cafe worked well - we got vouchers from reception one day so were able to try it out free!

Room tip: We had a room with a balcony, but it really wasn't worth it - it overlooked the street and was very small. I think it had been a handy place for a smoker to enjoy a cigarette.
1  Thank BKFarrell