1,412 results
All reviews old town jewish quarter the main square the holiday inn great hotel cherry vodka recommend this hotel excellent location reception staff salt mines five minute walk single room good size scrambled eggs comfortable room packed lunch train station
Reviewed March 24, 2015 via mobile

Good size beds. Very clean. No noise.
Close to the city centre, good location.
Staff helpful.
Second time in Kraków and I recommend the city and the hotel.
We stayed two nights and the only thing that was not so good was the breakfast.
I would give 4*

Date of stay: January 2015
Reviewed March 22, 2015

Just come home from a short stay in Krakow and we stayed at the Wielopole hotel. I could not find any real faults here. Situated just a few minutes from the old centre, in fact probably more convienient than a hotel in the centre. Staff could not have been more helpful and pleasant and nothing was too much trouble. The room was absolutely spotless. If one is a big breakfast person then this could be a slight moan but for me more than adequate. The breakfast room is used as a vegetarian restaurant for the rest of the day and although not a vegetarian myself I used this for lunch on two occasions and the meal was excellent. Do try it. Trust the Trip Advisor reviews because this hotel is perfect.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank J7741YPrichardm
Reviewed March 17, 2015

Well located only a short walk to the square , everybody pleasant and polite , hotel and rooms spotless if not very big and if being picky only one British tv channel which was just a news channel also I would have liked some toast at breakfast but none available . A nice cup of tea though , weather was very cold but rooms very cosy. They wiil arrange tours for you but these can be got cheaper , did arrange our taxi back to airport for us and service excellent . Would go back again .

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2015

First time in Krakow and at the Wielopole. Was impressed with what I saw on Trip advisor and safe to say we were not disappointed.
Very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful reception staff, 24 hours.
There is a lift at the hotel. We had opted for a superior room which consisted of flat screen tv, two single beds pushed together to make a double, tea/coffee making facilities (enough milk for one cup a day, replenished by the cleaner each day), free safety deposit box, free air con/heating, shower cubicle in a spacious bathroom (no bath), heavy curtains (to block out the light). Our room was 406 and we had a view at the back of the hotel. Unfortunately it is not much of a view, but potentially better than being at the front of the hotel which, although only a small road, has a fair amount of traffic.
As we missed breakfast every morning of our 3 nights (we were on holiday and wanted a lie in after all), staff kindly gave us some vouchers for a free coffee and cake in the basement restaurant.
The hotel is a 5 minute walk from Krakow centre, which is an amazing place. Had never visited Eastern Europe area before and was pleasantly suprised by the clean and pretty city. Sitting in the outside seating area of the main pavement cafes/bars around the Main Square with the sun out and watching the world go by was very entertaining. Horse & carriages, street entertainers and general people watching.
Numerous shops including ones selling local produce like Polish hats, Amber and various trinkets, to designer stores like Paul & Shark.
There are numerous restaurants and bars. So many restaurants that you could eat at a different one every night for a month and still not visit them all. From Polish to Mexican to Oriental, there is so much choice. A lot of the restaurant names are difficult to remember as they are in Polish, so I'm afraid I can only remember the English ones! I will be doing separate reviews for the ones I visited.
The bars are amazing here too, so many to discover, in little dungeons and caves, not always apparent when you first walk past them. 1 of the bars that really stood out was Movida. The cocktails were amazing! Tried a number of them and the banana buster was gorgeous. The bar staff are also entertaining as they prepare the drinks.
1 word of warning in relation to currency exchange. I have never known anything like it abroad before. Normally, in my experience, you see the rate on the board advertised, hand over your money and get that rate. This did not happen at Interchange at the junction of the Main Square and Florianska. AVOID THIS SHOP. Rude staff and we totally got conned. Asked to see the manager, was told no, asked when the manager would next be in, just got the reply 'No'. Unco-operative, refused to give the money back and told me I was not in England anymore but in Poland. Yes we should have asked the rate first but instead trusted them to be a reputable store. We ended up losing around £25 to the rate that we should have got. DO NOT go by what is on the board in any of the shops, ask how much you will get before handing over your money. Please be careful and do not fall for the scams. There are 'Kantor's (exchange) all over, please make sure you ask what you will get first.
Apart from the Interchange staff, we were very pleased with everything in Krakow, the Wielopole and would definately return to both.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank fluffycamel2002
Reviewed March 13, 2015

We stayed here in 2013 and therefore had no hesitation in returning there this year. The hotel has maintained it's excellent level of service, cleanliness and helpful staff. The hotel is superbly situated for the city centre and also easy access to the tram and bus system. Highly recommended.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends