1,407 results
All reviews old town jewish quarter the main square the holiday inn great hotel cherry vodka recommend this hotel excellent location reception staff salt mines five minute walk single room good size scrambled eggs comfortable room small balcony train station
Reviewed January 8, 2015

I spent New Year in this hotel which is in a central location and ideal for sightseeing. This is a small, quiet hotel where our room was cleaned every day. The reception staff are very welcoming and friendly and will happily answer any queries you have about Krakow. Their english is excellent. They were always interested in what you had been visiting and wanted to know what you thought of the place.

I would definitely return to this hotel when I next visit Poland and would recommend this hotel to anyone going for a visit.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank sheila r
Reviewed January 2, 2015

Had a great stay at Wielopole Hotel. The hotel is very well located, just a few blocks away from the main train station and also from the old town. Service was impeccable. Fast and reliable wifi Internet. Had no problem using voip to communicate with my clients in North America. Staff was very friendly and spoke perfect English.

My room was facing Wielopole Street but it was very quiet. Great acoustic isolation.

This is a great hotel and I wouldn't have any problem recommending it to anybody.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Rodrigo O
Reviewed December 27, 2014

I would definitely recommend this small hotel, it's close to the old town, tram stops & the station & not at all noisy. The staff were very welcoming & friendly & spoke perfect English. There was a great selection of foods at breakfast & the room was cleaned every day. There are plenty of places & museums to visit for a reasonable price. We stayed for 4 nights just before Christmas to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday. The hotel staff must have noticed his birthday cards & very kindly left some chocolates & a decanter of cherry vodka with beautiful cut glasses in our room for us to enjoy when we came back. The surprise was a nice touch. We will be back.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank SusanS1052
Reviewed December 22, 2014

My girlfriend and I decided to upgrade in Krakow from a hostel to a hotel. At the price we paid for the hotel, we were not expecting anything fancy - but how we were mind blown. Hotel Wielopole exceeded every expectation we had and was perfect on every front. It was just so inviting and welcoming. Put simply:

Staff: Always smiling, will always go the extra mile, and so friendly. We wrote a personal thanks to the staff.
Cleaniness: 10/10, the room was cleaned every day, and the overall hotel was spotless.
Facilities: Wifi was fast in every room, resturaunt was very reasonably priced with a good selection, the breakfast was nice and worth going down for every morning. We also went on the Auschwitz tour organised by the hotel which was really good. I strongly suggest doing the minibus method than going alone. Air conditioning was an added bonus in the room.
Location: Just minutes from the centre of old town and 10 minutes from the central train station - the location was perfect.
Room: Comfy and cozy. Also very quiet and the hotel has a good calm vibe.

We will be coming back to Krakow and staying here again. Anyone who likes a good, friendly, modern, hotel should stay here!

Date of stay: December 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mykool W
Reviewed December 19, 2014

A happy surprise in Kraków with the most helpful staff who all spoke very good English. I left an item of clothing behind and they posted it all the way back to NZ for me. Nothing seemed too much trouble for the people behind the reception desk including booking our day at Auschwitz and Berkenau. The rooms were quiet overlooking the street, of generous sizing and you could open the windows for fresh air which is always a bonus in these overheated European hotels. Breakfast was large with lots of choice - a toaster for making toast. No other meals served here but much choice in the very large square in the Old Town which is a short walk away.

Date of stay: September 2014