“Absolutely amazing hotel and even better staff!!! We will be back!!!”

PURO Krakow Stare Miasto
Ranked #33 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We have just got back from a week here in the puro hotel krakow!!
I don't agree with the other comment made about staff not being friendly at all.... The staff are the most helpful and friendly people I have ever met!!!
We came it Poland for a polish friends wedding, we needed drying cleaning done and only had 24 hours to arrange this. I mentioned this to the staff, within under 16 hours they had all of our dry cleaning done for us and pressed our items to a high standard!
Our room was cleaned daily. Fresh water left for us and complimentary toiletries left for us daily.
We had a few little issues with the tablet in the room for the tele, the night staff followed us straight up to sort this out.
Every time we walked in or out if the hotel, at least one member if staff came to say hello.
There were fresh apples free if charge everyday in the hotel lobby.
We had a card each which allowed us 5 free hot drinks daily.
Yes the bathrooms are all made of glass, they look lovely and there is a curtain that can be pulled to give you privacy. The bed was huge with luxurious bedding which you can have changed daily if required.
There was one small down fall which was more me as a problem then the hotel. Everything is run by a tablet including the lights. Technology is really not my strong point, so if I got up for the toilet in the night the light automatically turns on, if like me you have no idea in how to use technology you can not turn the light off straight away and have to wait for it to do it it's self.., my husband had the job of turning the light off for me in the night lol.... So not a problem to me just to him lol.
There is a huge shopping centre and I mean huge, across the road from the hotel ( makes lakeside and blue water look silly) we heard no noise from the roads, fresh bakery stand directly outside.
One warning!! You can see into the hotel... Funny really as its a lot of glass, there was one occasion I was outside the hotel and saw a few people looking up walking past laughing. Being nosey I had to have a look, there was a lady in full view taking a shower with the lights on and curtains wide open... I popped into the hotel and mentioned to the staff the staff went straight up to the room of the lady to inform she may want to close the curtains!!
This hotel is one of the best I have had pleasure of being in and I have worked in some very luxurious hotels.. The hotel is relaxed, but luxurious at the same time, I can not stress how friendly and helpful the staff are! We are already arranging another trip back to stay and we have only just got back.
Thank you puro you made out stay amazing

Charmaine and james

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Charmaine666
There are newer reviews for PURO Krakow Stare Miasto

Reviewed August 28, 2013

First visit to Poland, Krakow, an absolutely besutiful city! Stayed at Puro Hotel for 4 nights....perfect! Location excellent..7 minute walk to the main square. The hotel staff are helpful and polite! The cleanliness is out of this world, was impressed! Amazing room.....high tec.....great! I highly recommend this hotel!!! And great value for money!!

1  Thank Chris Z
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed here for five nights with my husband and 2 teenage sons at the start of August when they had just opened. Our 2 rooms were not huge but adequate. Bathrooms are attached to the bedroom separated only by a glass wall. WARNING-you would need to be very comfortable with your travelling partner before being able to share these rooms given the intimate layout of the bedroom and bathroom. The tablets used to control the rooms were popular with my boys and the free international phone calls were a great bonus. As it is brand new the sheets, towels and carpets were luxurious and we certainly felt we had got value for money.The beds were fabulous and despite being located on a busy rood we did not hear a thing in our air conditioned rooms. The free drinks machine was very welcome but I worry that it may cause the carpets to become destroyed very quickly. The reception staff were capable and friendly. Sebastian the manager was outstanding and went out of his way to help us in any way he could.
The location of Hotel Puro is ideal. It is located adjacent to the main railway/bus station and we travelled to and from the airport/Auschwitz and the Salt Mines by public bus ourselves with no difficulty. Additionally we were able to walk the fifteen minutes to and from the centre of Krakow. The hotel is also opposite a fabulous shopping centre.
We really enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Fionnuala O
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Our family stayed in your hotel between Aug 15 and 18. (2 adults and 2 three years old kids)

At first when we check in we were informed that the car parking in the hotel’s car park costs 100 PLN per day what was not mentioned before either in our mail follow or the reservation that we got. I have never played the same high price for car parking in my life and we were lots of **** star hotels is several countries. When I asked why the price is so high the reception person told me because you just have a few (18) car places. (Is this a reason???) Why was not mentioned this information before. So first we have difficulty with car parking.

After that when we checked in I asked the reception staff that our booking is includes breakfast as I reserved it. She told us yes and we paid the price for it. Next morning when we went to the restaurant to have breakfast we got the information that we needed to pay for it again. I said that is already paid and your staff start to arguing with me, she was not friendly at all. For a while she went to the reception where she got the information that she was right and we needed to pay for it. So I had to go up and brought down our reservation paper to prove that we paid for it and it is including. Finally we got breakfast without paying double.

We could not use the shower at morning or afternoon because pressure of the water was not enough strong to bring the water up to the 6 flour where we lived. So I was standing with soup on my body and the water went gone and did not come back on this morning. It was more than trying.

One day I checked in that we would like to ask room cleaning and left our room before 10 when we came home around 16 pm our room was not cleaned and as we have small kinds the dirty nappies smells in the room because no one take out the rubbish from the refuse. I called the reception about the situation and they promise to call back us and arrange cleaning to us but nothing happened.

When we checked out and try to left your hotel we could not pay for the parking at the car park so we had to go up to the reception. To go up took time so we had to pay the extra 8 PLN what is not so much money but we had to pay for that because your system did not work. After paying the parking the system did not let us go out still so we had to ask the reception person again.

The fridge was not set/plug in, so it took us 10 minutes to set it because the plug was under the wooden case. I do not think so that this is the guest responsibility.

None of the staffs ask apologies because of the above issues so unfortunately I can not say they are friendly.

Two days after our leaving I got a mail from your hotel write on Polish that unfortunately I can not understand I ask back to share the wrote information on English but I just got replay to my mail when I wrote the complain to the hotel management.

On the other had the hotel is close to the city center, the coffee and hot chocolate and the free apples makes our family feel good. Breakfast was nice and had enough chooses. The free international phone call is a unique service and we found it so useful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Dinnyike
GM_Puro_Krakow, Dyrektor generalny at PURO Krakow Stare Miasto, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to write about your experience in Puro Hotel Krakow.
We will certainly take your valuable comments into consideration especially as we are the newly open hotel and providing excellent service to our guest is what we are aiming for.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay. We will take steps to make sure that similar situations will not take place in the future.
Also, I would like to inform that parking price has been changed to 80 PLN per night.
Thank you for the positive feedback about our hotel and breakfast. We are glad to see that your family felt welcome and appreciated the additional values of the stay, which are the key features of our concept.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This hotel is brand new all modern and cleaned to a very high standard, All the staff were helpful. We would use this hotel again.

Great Location next to the Tram stop, buses and trains.(shopping centre) Easy to visit all the historical sites. Transport was cheap and the food prices are about half the UK cost.

Room Tip: Our room was 1st floor and on the rear of the building, The glazing is of a high standard and see no...
1  Thank 53frank59
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I just got home from staying at the Puro for 3 days, and I loved my stay there. it is within steps of the Krakow Galleria, which is a huge mall with a ton of shops. A small parking garage is located directly under the hotel, but if you are for some reason unable to get in there, there is a lot right next door to the hotel. If you are there on the weekend street parking is free!

As soon as i walked into the room i loved it! it was so cute. Tablet, which controlled everything in the room was so fun and convenient to use!

The staff was so friendly and helpful they were great to talk to. they also organized our trip to Auschwitz.

Overall this hotel was great, just under 10 minute walk to the town square, next to mall, and an amazing staff. I would stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Msalv1
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Helpful and polite staff (Hello Adam :) ) ; super idea with changing light above bed; tablet to regulate temp. light, TV and phone calls. We loved glass walls in the bathroom - gave sense of bigger space. Comfy beds, choice of pillows, fluffy towels. Handy security safe. Hot drinks machine downstairs with good choice of tea, and coffee. Hotel is located next to shopping mall, next to train station, which we use to get to the airport. Both of us had lovely sleep - room had quiet air con, and we heard no noise from main street; Hotel is so close to old town what we loved to have break from sightseeing (it was proper summer).

2  Thank spring75
GM_Puro_Krakow, Dyrektor generalny at PURO Krakow Stare Miasto, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for sharing your opinion and positive impresion!
It is good to see that our guests like Puro concept.
Also, even more importat is that our Staff is doing well and you appreciate it!