“Heaven on earth”

Krakowska Manufaktura Czekolady
Ranked #23 of 67 Dessert in Krakow
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cracow Handmade Chocolate, bringing the masterful touch of the chocolatiers from all over Galicia, this outlet is already providing extremely popular among locals and tourists. Don't expect to find anything savoury on the menu - it's all about chocolate and coffee.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I even didn't know such place exists :-)
This place is a paradise for chocolateholics ;-) - the number of chocolate and pralines types always makes me dizzy. It's really hard to decide which one to purchase, that's why as many times I am there, I always choose a number of smaller pieces. I recommend the chocolate weight, especially dessert and milk type.

It's not just cafe but also the perfect place to learn about the history of chocolate on your own - during the workshop I could create my own pralines and bars and then give them as a gift for my boyfriend, he was really amazed and wants to go there with me - to create his own chocolate bar. :-) Krakowska Manufaktura Czekolady is a great escape from typical cafes and tearooms - if you like chocolate, there's no chance to be dissapointed.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Admittedly it was a Saturday afternoon when we visited but the staff gave off the impression that they didn't want the custom and would rather the café full of customers would vanish.

The service was appalling and the produce wasn't as high rating as we had been lead to believe it would be.

I would like to hope it was just a one off and a bad experience.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is in a lovely old building in the old town. We watched them making the chocolates on our way in and then went upstairs to sample the drinks. We got there early and it was very quiet so the service was reasonably quick.

I had the Lviv hot chocolate with a layer of whipped cream, dark, rich and delicious. My husband had the one with orange, cinnamon and cloves. It comes with a cinnamon stick which he left in a little too long as the taste was a bit overpowering. Very nice otherwise.

We ended up in the large shop at the back where it was very difficult to decide what to buy as there are so many varieties.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The cafe in this place is great. You can get melted chocolate in a cup and a glass of water to wash it do with, it is heavenly. We loved this place so much we came back pretty much every day definitely the best chocolate in Krakow and all made on site.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I like this chocolate shop at Szewska street in Krakow, but I will always remember the taste of chocolate in Chocolaterie Maneken Pis in Brussels, Belgium. It was outstanding, moreover the best taste have the free samples of chocolate disposed for customers!!!!