“Excellent for wheelchair user”

Poland Active - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$45.11*
and up
Full-Day Auschwitz and Birkenau Tour from Krakow...
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide English daily tours available all year in Krakow and it's surroundings (Auschwitz-Birkenau, Wieliczka Salt Mine, Zakopane Tatra Mountains, Dunajec rafting, etc.). There's also possible to organize private tours in other foreign languages. It's possible to book the tour on-line or in office opened every day from 9am to 8pm located in the city center. We're registered on Nr Z/34/2010 in the "Register of Tourism Organizers and Agents" conducted by the Malopolskie Province Marshal).
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed October 27, 2014

My husband and I booked for Auschwitz Birkenau with this company as they have transport for wheelchairs. Maciej was our driver and he was so helpful and knowledgeable . Auschwitz is not really very suitable for wheelchairs so my husband went off with a group doing the tour while Maciej pushed me back to the vehicle and then drove me around the perimeter fencing so that I could see some of the site. We then went to a café for coffee (and he shared part of his pizza!) and he told me the history of Poland, speaking very good English. It was a very good day out for me thanks to him.
We then booked him to take us to the airport the next day. Again very helpful, pushing me to the terminal while my husband had the suitcases. We will definitely be contacting him on our next visit to Krakow.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"tatra mountains"
"great driver"
in 6 reviews
"recommend this tour company"
"other companies"
in 5 reviews
"excellent service"
in 12 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
in 5 reviews
"went smoothly"
"places of interest"
"booked this tour"
"great trip"
"small group"
"these guys"

Reviewed October 19, 2014

While in Krakow, a group of 5 of us did a tour of the Wieliczka salt mine with Poland Active, and were very satisfied. Poland Active transfer you to (and from) the mine and make all the arrangements, although the actual tour through the mine is taken by a mine guide. Everything operated to schedule and the service was helpful and friendly. Their office is just a little way from the square, and is worth seeking out.

Reviewed October 16, 2014

At first we could not find Poland Active - or any other tour company - and so booked through a representative in the square - DO NOT DO THIS- IS A RIP OFF - fortunately we found Poland active and realised how much cheaper and reliable it was (we did cancel original booking). We paid £86 for both of us for the two trips to Auschwitz & Birkenau and Wielicka salt mines. The driver 'Matty' was a true gent as he picked us up on time, pointed out landmarks and told us many historical facts about Polland.Everything was arranged for us, including entry fees and guides and all was seamless. On our trip to the salt mines I went inside and then 'wimped out' and decided I couldn't do the tour but my partner did but he had my money - so I had three hours to kill with no food, drink or money. I decided to try and find Matty and when I did he walked with me to explain we were in a lovely town with shops,cafes and parks and showed me where to go and then he lent me some money - where else could you have such a lovely guide? We decided to hire him to take us back to the airport but unfortunately he was held up but sent someone else for us who was equally as informative and helpful and even though rush hour knew all the back streets to get us to the airport in plenty of time. YOU MUST BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY. NB We thought we had cancelled our original tour but on returning to our hotel found a note saying we had wasted his time as he had called for us. The next night on the square his representative came up to us asking why we had not been there and we explained that his phone had been switched off and we'd sent a message with a third party - SO BEWARE do not book any trips from people touting in the square - go to Polland Active - you will not be disappointed.

Date of experience: October 2014
1  Thank Lynda W
Reviewed October 8, 2014

We booked trips to Auschwitz Birkenau and Wielicka salt mines. Brilliant trips, English speaking guides, great value for money. Agency just by the square and easy to find, staff were very friendly and helpful so much so we also booked our airport transport there too
thankyou

See more reviews
Reviewed October 4, 2014

Found this company by accident wandering through the square. I booked theAushwitz Birkenau tour alone as my friends would not "ruin their vacation..." The small tour would up. Being 3 couples and me and our guide took us off the beaten path on the way to Auschwitz and we visited the first church Pope John Paul II served. We also stopped to see buildings de and reconstructed from after the war and the guide told many, many stories and facts we would never have gotten from the large museum tours at Aushwitz. His knowledge of the region and the history cannot be beat. After traveling through Europe for one month it was by far the best tour and guide I was fortunate enough to cross.

Date of experience: October 2014