“Mediocre food, abominable service”
Review of Trattoria Prima

Trattoria Prima
Ranked #756 of 1,520 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Bergen, Norway
“Mediocre food, abominable service”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We were a group of 14. We were seated at the bar while waiting for a room and table large enough to accommodate all of us. The barman had very little English and could barely manage to get us drinks during the 15 minutes that we waited (we were the only clients at the bar). Once seated, it took 15 minutes before anyone came to take our order. They first took our order of drinks, but it took far too long to get them. Then they took our order for food. The waiters were clearly stressed and unable to handle the workload. Utensils were brought to the table in wicker containers which were dropped on the table and we were left to distribute them ourselves. The food took about on ehour to arrive - and it was all simple things like pizza! One of the two waiters who brought the food had no English and could not identify the person who had ordered each plate - all he could say was "Pizza", not even the kind of pizza...

• Polish first
Crawley, United Kingdom
“who's the manager?”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

very tasty pizza, worth the money. Also my favourite Tyskie on the list. very nice and polite waitress but... service was chaotic. poor girl was running around and the 'manager' was mostly standing upstairs looking pretty. I'd love to try this place again but that lazy lad needs to get a move on and start working not just 'supervising' when it's busy.

1 Thank maciekkf
“Great flavours”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We only ordered 2 pasta dishes. One was fantastic but the pasta in the carbonara was slightly undercooked. The flavours were great and the staff were friendly. Took about 30 minutes for our meals to arrive.

Staten Island, New York
“No”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

As a local in Krakow, I do not recommend this restaurant. The atmosphere was quite pleasant and the staff was friendly. I ordered a soup and a pasta dish. The soup, which was a potato soup, was absolutely dreadful. I also ordered hot wine and had the waitress take the wine back immediately because it tasted too bitter and just old. My pasta dish, pasta carbonara, was absolutely horrid. I gave my food to my friends who also found it unappealing. I paid for the food but I have to say, I would never dine there again. There are much better Italian restaurants in Krakow than this and please take my advice on that.

1 Thank MichaelMariner
Motherwell
“Amazing Pasta”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I choose this restaurant as you could see the chef and the kitchen area as this is on street level, we actually thought it looked more like a cafe, however when you enter the restaurant you are taken downstairs into the main eating area. We both had starters, main course and a bottle of wine and a bottle of water and the total price was £25.00 which i thought was excellent value especially as the food was of a very high standard, we saw a few people getting pizza (we had both chosen pasta) and thought the pizza looked that good that we would need to go back and tried it, so we did two nights later. The waiter not only remembered us but also what bottle of wine we had! Pizza was excellent and cooked exactly to order. I have read a review that totally slated this place and i have to ask have the actually reviewed the same restaurant?

• Visited March 2013