“Great location and food”

Magnes Restaurant Grill & Lounge
Ranked #161 of 1,520 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: European, Polish, Cafe, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Just several steps from the Main Market Square, in a picturesque so called Doubting Thomas Niche, right by the corner of St. Thomas and st. John's streets there is a house number fifteen with spacious rooms hidden inside. This is Magnes. A huge grill heated with beech standing by massive wooden tables and young artist's paintings on the walls create a warm atmosphere. Big space delicately lit with hand made decorative glass lamps seems light. Ideal place to dine with friends, see in for a relaxing lunch or a cup of coffee, arrange a business meeting in a far corner of the restaurant, a party or a wedding.
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Great location and food”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Fabulous Main Square location and super well-priced food.
Beautiful Prosecco in oversized green glasses...perfect for people watching.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank sultanabran

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Krakow
“Local Cracovian says - that's the place!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I live on Main Square area and I feel that as a local man, I should review that place on Tripadvisor.

There are hundreds of options for food in Krakow, true. When I eat my every day meals in the city, I tend to choose reasonably priced places to have my lunch or dinner. Sometimes it works ok, sometimes not.

But Magnes is THE PLACE, when I want to have a perfect lunch, dinner, supper or even breakfast over the weekend. This is the place where I used to eat dozens of time and I was never let down. Each thing that I had in there was just perfect. What I absolutely love about Magnes is that they tend to change their menu quite often, which is based on a simple philosophy that the food should be fresh. If you run out of products, you modify your menu.

I have taken many of my friends to Magnes and recommended it to many otheres, and it seems like everybody was happy.

I recommened you try it at lease once! I am sure you will be back!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Marcin W
Wellington, United Kingdom
“Off the beaten track but fabulous”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We were in the main square in Krakow which was manic so thought we would walk along road to find less crowded eatery.
So glad we did it was lovely, the staff were a laugh and the food wonderful. We are here for four days and plan to revisit.

Bend, Oregon
“Great little place for lunch”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Magnes Bistro is found in a small space on the Main Market Square immediately across from St Mary's Cathedral. Clean, modern, and bright, the they serve a limited menu but we thought everything was delicious.

We started with a delicious cream of mushroom soup which was served with tasty bread. The pierogi with bacon/onion was elegantly presented and tasted wonderful. I took a risk and ordered beef tartare ( served raw, of course) with raw quail egg, onions, anchovies, and paprika. It's the kind of dish you either really like or won't touch: I enjoyed mine.

We observed a number of people who were enjoying their large open-faced sandwiches.

Combined with a couple of local beers on draft, you can't go wrong for modestly priced lunch on the main square

• Visited September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“unassuming ambience, excellent food”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This restaurant is in the main square area of Cracow where there are many restaurants with tables in the open air. In contrast it is very simple almost bare inside and makes no effort to present particularly Polish food, but the 3 dishes we had were a good size and with excellent flavor.

• Visited September 2013