“Great for breakfast”

Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed December 10, 2013

A spotlessly clean reinvention of a communist-era Milk Bar catering to a mainly local crowd. The four of us enjoyed breakfast here both mornings we were in Krakow. Scrambled eggs with bacon, toast, coffee and orange juice for about 20 zlotys per head. Also serves cheap meals throughout the day and evening. Highly recommended and just a few steps from the main square.

1  Thank logrundy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,385)

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

This wasn't the classic milk bar experience I expected but it was great none the less. The place is very clean. Staff is friendly. Nice and warm on a cold day!

1  Thank Thad A
Reviewed December 8, 2013

When we arrived at Milkbar Tomasza it was snowing and blowing a gale. The welcome inside was was warm and friendly. The atmosphere is relaxed and the food fantastic. I have no idea how they manage to make a profit serving such huge portions so inexpensively.
The woman who served us spoke excellent English and we chatted to one of the owners, which is originally from Dublin.
I had the white vegetable soup (unbelievable!), plain potato pancakes (tasty) and the Camembert with chips and salads. I didn't like the cranberry yogurt on the Camembert but that's just personal taste. When I asked for the pancakes, the waitress said they were her childhood favourite but she used to have them with sugar. Whilst I was eating she brought out another plate of pancakes, saying she was jealous when I ordered them so she couldn't resist having some. It is always encouraging to see staff eating their own food.
I look forward to eating there again on my next visit to Krakow.

2  Thank janmay512
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We ate there a couple of times during our stay in Krakow. Panini, Pancakes, the food was really great.The portions are so huge, and the price is so low!
The staff is friendly and helpful, and the place has a good atmosphere: nice design, good music.
If you are looking for a quiet, affordable, good place to eat in Krakow, visit the Milkbar!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stumbled across this little gem whilst shopping ..... We had 2 courses and drinks for two people and the bill was £8 !! The food was yummy and the feel of the place is relaxed..... We found the staff friendly and helpful (we found most of the service in krakow was desperately short of politeness and the odd smile) we highly recommend this place !! Good yummy food !

1  Thank Rheepers