“Excellent tour”

Cracow Free Tours Krakow
Ranked #4 of 270 Tours in Krakow
More attraction details
Owner description: The OLD TOWN Free Tour - 10.30 and 2 pm every day.The JEWISH QUARTER Free Tour - 10.45 and 2 pm every day. CASCO ANTIGUO tour gratis - 10.30 cada dia, BARRIO JUDIO tour gratis 14.00 cada dia. For more free tours please, check our website. We also can arrange a private tour for you with our guide. All tours start in front of St. Mary's (Mariacki) Church at the Main Market Square. Look for our RED UMBRELLA with the DRAGON.Full of knowledge entertaining walks about history, architecture and people of Krakow with licensed local guides. Come to the meeting place and join us. We work all year round in every weather.
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Took a free walking tour on the third day of our break in krakow. The tour of the old town met outside the Basilica in the main square. Our guide Ella was excellent. The tour lasted around two hours and covered over 3 km. Ella was extremely knowledgeable about local sights and shared many local stories, legends and folklore. My only regret was that I didn't take the tour earlier as it introduced many sights that I would have missed!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had Zofia as our guide. She was very sweet and we enjoyed her little stories on our walk around the Jewish quarters. It's a great way to see Krakow. As we neared the end of our walk it started to snow and we came to a halt in the Jewish ghetto where the Jews were lined up for transportation to extermination camps elsewhere in Poland. It was freezing cold and snowing at this point and to imagine that 70 years ago people would have been standing in this spot on their way to an awful death. They all thought they were going to be farmers and starting anew, little did they know they would end up in the ovens. Anyway this square has single chairs scattered all around, symbolic of the Jews having to leave behind all their possessions before departing on the train to an outcome that was not farming!!! Although the tour is free, it is expected that you provide the guide with a tip. It's well worth it as the guides are informative and enthusiastic.

1  Thank LCB53
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Recommended by my hostel (Mosquito), the tour was excellent. Punctual start, the group was managed well, a non-stop interesting stream of information about the architecture, the history of the city (good and not so pretty), social aspects of life in the past and today, funny snippets and more.

Had two different guides for the Old Town walk and then the Jewish Quarter walk. I liked that the guides always said we we'd be looking at next, and kept us up to date with where we were. Great way to get an orientation of the city, with interested guides who love showing off their city, and answering lots of questions about different facets of life.

Regarding the tip - both guides were very open about this at the beginning and end, and I would be surprised if anyone didn't feel they deserve every zloty!

I wish this type of tour was available in every city I go to.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I went on two of these tours, the city center tour and the Jewish Quarter one, on different days, and had two different guides. I liked that my groups were small-ish but that may be luck of the draw. The first one in Old Town was truly a 5 star experience. The guide was cheerful, gave a lot of information including what else one should visit and what times, and was entertaining. There were a couple times where she had trouble with her English but that did not hinder any understanding. She also made sure the group stayed together waiting for stragglers/picture takers as needed.

The one in the afternoon for the Jewish Quarter was a bit different. She was more straight forward lacking the cheerfulness and entertainment, almost like a professor at school. There were many times where many people were busy taking pictures and were "left" at the previous spot. By the time everyone caught up to the new location, half of the speech was over. It felt much more rushed than the one in the morning.

Overall with both walks, they were a great educational experiences and intro to the city packed with an incredible amount of information. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We did both tours with Ella who is informative and clearly passionate about the City and her Country. We learned so much as well as seeing parts of the city we just would have missed completely had we not walked!