“Your Business Partner in Krakow”

Sheraton Grand Krakow
Ranked #41 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed September 22, 2013

From what I can tell, most visitors in Krakow are currently here on business. The economy shows great promise. Krakow is a charming city and the Sheraton is THE place to stay. The rooms are nicely laid out and very clean, with modern amenities. The service is prompt and efficient. I did eat breakfast at Olives, which was very good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eruch1

Reviewed September 19, 2013

As soon as we queued to check-in, the front desk manager came out and invited us over to her desk for priority service. We presented our SPG card and passports and when I asked about the room, she said she had upgraded us to the SPG Super-King Suite. Wonderful! The whole check-in process took about three minutes. She was very efficient and made us feel most welcome. We made use of the fitness center and swimming pool, which is a wonderful facility available free of charge for all guests. Our room was very large, absolutely spotless and had all the facilities you would expect, and more! Later on that evening I went down to speak with the front desk manager again and ask for some advice on Krakow nightlife. Again, she was fantastic to deal with. I also found the other front desk and door staff to be very friendly and respectful - they always had a pleasant demeanor about them. For me, staff behavior and attitude is the most important aspect of staying at a hotel - they MUST make you feel welcome and respected at all times. I rate the Sheraton Krakow staff an easy 10 out of 10 and the hotel itself a 9 out of 10. Free internet is only available in the lobby and we also found the food and drinks to be quite expensive, but this is normal for many five star hotels. Overall, I cannot recommend this hotel enough! Thank you Sheraton Krakow, for an amazing stay :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the castle or a room overlooking the water! It's in a truly beauti...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank scarce_nz
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed 4 nights on a city break with friends & we all enjoyed our stay. The location, although just on the fringes of main city attractions, was within easy walking distance. The river & castle views from the property were stunning & the on site amenties were of a high standard. The vodka bar & terrace on the roof was paricularly good with comfortable seating & great views.Staff at all levels were extremely pleasant & helpful, going the extra mile to ensure our requests were met. We had one wet evening,decided to use the diner on the ground floor without really expecting too much, however choice, food & service were all good.
The only negative comment would be the many rooms with internal windows into central atrium - fortunately only one of our party stayed in this type of room & did not find this a problem - personally I need to be able to open a window on to fresh air!
Overall great visit & would certainly stay here again

Room Tip: Choose a room with external window
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank H3len6156
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Did not have a good experience from the outset. Stood on pavement with suitcases for more than 5 minutes before anyone came out to assist. Then told that our room was not yet available but we could go and freshen up and get something to eat in the Club Lounge. Firstly, there are no facilities for freshening up and secondly, no food is provided until 5pm other than fruit and drink. Also no staff on duty. Therefore went to ground floor Qube cafe for a sandwich which had to be " off menu" as there was nothing simple for vegetarian wife. Dinner on first evening was good but the menu had only a couple of vegetarian dishes. The restaurant is in the middle of the atrium which gave an impression of dining in the middle of a railway station or airport departure area.... Absolutely no relaxing atmosphere at all. Overall impression is that this is an establishment where the guests are treated little better than transit passengers who are unlikely to darken the door again, so why bother making them feel welcome ?

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pttbw
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
Reading your comments makes me feel truly disappointed.
We always strive to exceed the expectations and put all our efforts to make guests feel welcome, referring to your description - this is definitely neither the experience we would like to deliver, nor the kind of memories we would like you to take home.
It is also sad to hear that we did not hit the right tone with you when it comes to our vegetarian meals selection, which is offered in all our menus. I have already shared your feedback with our F&B Team, rest assured that your comments will be forwarded to the concerned departments for sake of improvement.
Thank you once again for bringing this to our attention and I do hope we can welcome you back to the Sheraton Krakow Hotel, place where a very warm welcome awaits you.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I booked this hotel as a surprise for my partners birthday and I am so pleased I did.
I booked a studio room with view of wawel castle and it was an amazing room. small balcony where you could stand to enjoy the views and I also prebooked champagne and chocolates for our arrival. The concierge Monika was so helpful and booked our trip to Aushwitz and numerous other things during our stay to make it all very special. The food in the hotel was to a very high standard and everything was kept imaculately clean. Rooms were spacious and it was nice to also enjoy the swimming pool and sauna. Aushwitz and Birkenau were absolutely amazing and it is impossible to appreciate the scale of these events without visiting. Highly recommended to all! The city of Krakow itself was beautiful with lovely little cafes and bars surrounding the huge pretty square. We done one of the city tours on the small cars which was a great idea as we would have struggled to find many of the things that the guide pointed out to us. It lasted about 2 hours and is a must to see everything.
All in all, a unforgetable trip and highly recommended :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river and wawel castle view. We had room 460 and it was absolutely perfect :)
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle L
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to give such encouraging feedback following your last stay experience at Sheraton Krakow.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed a celebratory visit to our hotel and beautiful city of Krakow.
It all reads that this was THE place to be - to surprise your partner providing him with unforgettable moments while visiting unforgettable places.
I hope you will keep these warm memories for long time while we keep our fingers crossed to have the chance to welcome you again at Sheraton Krakow Hotel soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights for business and felt very welcomed. Vodka bar and roof terrace is amazing! Breakfast is so varied and tasty. Great staff and perfect location - would come back! The club lounge was perfect and I took advantage of it

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Kellsbee

Dear Guest,

Thank you sincerely for this great five-star review.
We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay and also pleased that you made time to relax and unwind in our Lounge Bar on the Roof Top Terrace.
I will personally take this great pleasure of sharing your comments with the Sheraton Krakow Hotel Team.
We look forward to welcoming you back when your travel brings you back to Krakow.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is an America hotel chain that I am a gold member of and because I was with a group tour I was not entitled to any upgrades, plus I was informed that the hotel was full and that only platinum members are entitled to the club floor. The hotel provided face cloths, hair conditioner, body lotion as well as shampoo and the shower pressure was very good. Free wireless was available in the lobby only, but a free business center with computers was provided for all guests. Free bottled water was provided in the room. My only concerns were that the tubs a very deep and slippery but they did have safety bar but it was not too sturdy, although it may not have been a safety bar. They also provided a phone in the bathroom, which is a very good convenience. The air-conditioning within the room was superior and the control to set the temperature was superior. The only item that was European was that you had to put your room key card into the slot in the room to have electricity. I still rate this hotel as a 5 star

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo