“great hotel with great location”

Sheraton Grand Krakow
Ranked #41 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed May 1, 2013

What a gorgeous hotel.all the staff very helpful and pleasant.we had a problem with our room and were moved immediately, the receptionist even charged up my ipod for me!!!We were on a deal for 4 nights (I,ve paid more per night for a Travelodge) and I cant comment on the food as we didn't eat there but for me the great staff deserve the 5 star review.Sportsbar was lovely too.I 10 min walk to square but we loved the walk and it meant it was peaceful at night.Would definately return.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

It is a great pleasure to read such wonderful comments regarding your stay.
This fantastic ‘5 star review’ made all members of Sheraton Krakow Hotel Team feel very special, thank you.

The SomePlace Else Bar is a perfect place to visit - I am grateful that you recognized it.
The lively atmosphere & delicious cuisine make it an ideal place for have lunch, to spend the evening and most of all - to cheer for the favorite sports team while watching the games/matches.
We keep our fingers crossed to welcome you again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

A great hotel with lovely rooms, and a gorgeous lobby area. Brilliant in-house vodka bar with knowledgable, helpful barmen. Excellent service from the front desk too. Spacious rooms with tea/coffee facilities, and an excellent location right by the Wawel castle. Walkable to the old town and to Kazimierz.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

What a generous review!

Thank you for taking the time to let us and others know of your experience, I will always be delighted to see mention of ‘gorgeous’ interiors with highlighting the glass-roofed spacious atrium and most of all – proud to see the appreciation towards the ‘excellent’ service you received from the Sheraton Krakow Team.

Once again, thank you very much for your valued opinion and we are looking forward to your return.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We spent a few days there in late March and really enjoyed the whole experience. The value for the very large room and very comfortable beds there is great. The room was nicer than most rooms we stay at when we go to Las Vegas! Staff was attentive and wonderful. Mr. Pekla at the Qube was especially good to us. He was courteous and spoke very good english. People like that make good hotels great. Thank you Mr. Pekla and everybody there for a wonderful few days in Krakow. If we come back, we will definitely stay at the Krakow Sheraton again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review describing your experience at Sheraton Krakow Hotel, it is a delight to read that the Service element was remarked upon.

I often mention how fortunate I am to have such an amazingly committed and talented Team working at the hotel. I am hugely grateful for recognizing the difference they can make to guests visiting us, I will surely echo your sentiments regarding Roman at the Qube Vodka Bar & Café.

I hope to see you again at Sheraton Krakow Hotel and that we live up to your previous experience.

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Got collected at the airport in one of the hotel cars. Very nice, within 20 mins we were at the hotel, checked in and it was only 10.30am! 95pln for the trip.

Great location to stay, albeit a 10 minute walk to the Square where everything seems to happen. Though overlooking the castle & right on the river makes up for it. Was 20 degrees so a great place for a walk late at night. Though a car did swiftly pull up, a guy jumped out of a full car, said something in Polish but after a few secs & my stare he went back in the car and they drove off. Strange.. They weren't lost!

The rooms were modern, bed was massive and you had the usual facilities and a well stocked but over priced mini bar. Def geared for the business traveller.

Only 2 small milks in room & when you asked for more you just got 2 more so if you like coffee then you'll be using the phone a lot to facilities.

Free wifi in public areas which stretched to our landing on the 4th floor which overlooked the main breakfast area. Very nice design

Had a meal in the sports bar 1st night. This is a large, well laid out room, tv's everywhere and great for a sporting event. The hotel was man official one of Euro 2012. The food was excellent, though the service a little slow. Considering we were the only group in most of the night & there was 5 staff on I shouldn't have needed to stand, go over and ask for more drinks, the bill, etc.

We also went on the rooftop bar. as it was warm we had a few good hours there, nice views over the city. Great service.

Next night it was cocktails and beer in the vodka bar. Excellent service here & no issues in being served or re-stocked with drink.

The porters in reception were very helpful, offering advice and prices on day trips which the hotel can organise.

The only issue was a data security concern and has never happened to me before on settling my bill. I was told it was already settled at 5:40am, using my credit card! So clearly they had checked someone out on the wrong room & the biggest mistake of all was not asking that person to see the credit card! At that point their error would have been noticed. So my bill was settled, anything could have been added to it, and no checks were made. I got apologies but no explanations. You have to ask or get the person to prove their identity.

Will def go back to this hotel when in Krakow & would consider the club lounge which I didn't know about until we had arrived. Snacks & drinks all day, and an upgraded room.

Thanks to Paulina for her excellent email communications before & after arrival and arranging the airport taxi and check in. Appreciated.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have just returned from a weekend stay at this hotel. I went with my boyfriend for a birthday trip to Poland! This hotel was exceptional and made the weekend so perfect! The staff were the highlight, they were so friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble! The young man who looked after the baggage was particularly nice and friendly. The room was spacious and the food was tasty! They left a birthday cake in my room as they were aware it was my birthday which I thought was so cute! The location was perfect, right beside the castle and only a few min walk to the beautiful square, I fell in love with Krakow and this hotel! I would 100% return!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much the fantastic feedback!
I am delighted that you have chosen Sheraton Krakow for the birthday celebration and that the experience was ‘exceptional’.

Reading that ‘staff were the highlight’ makes me feel very proud, your compliments make for a wonderful reward to all the Team members at the hotel. Thank you.

Wishing you again ‘Happy birthday’ - we keep our fingers crossed to welcome you back on many more occasions.

With all good wishes,

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Cant really fault this hotel in any shape or form. From check-in to check-out we found the hotel facilities, rooms & staff faultless. We stayed over the weekend in one of the hotels Club rooms which had fantastic views overlooking the Castle & River Wisla with a short walk into the towns historic centre. We had arranged to be picked up from our flight by one of the hotels cars and taken direct to the Auchwitz/Birkenau Memorial and were pleasantly surprised when the driver accompanied us to the entrance where he dealt with the entrance procedure and guided us to our tour starting point. Our room in the hotel was very comfortabe and had the most fantasticly massive bed..... we were also very pleased to find chocolate & fruit left for our arrival. The excellent buffet breakfast as well as access to the Club lounge with a free bar and evening appetisers was another plus point. Altogether an excellent hotel, well managed with staff the organisation should be very proud off!

Room Tip: Splash out on a club room!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

With such a fantastic review you surely made my day!

I am thrilled you enjoyed the Club room with its amenities, our relaxing Club Lounge with variety of snacks & beverages and were able to take in the spectacular view of Wawel Castle & Wisla River. I agree - our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed® offers an outstanding level of comfort.

It is exclusively produced for Sheraton but you may also purchase online one for yourself.
Reading the last sentence of your review makes me personally very proud of the Sheraton Krakow Hotel Team, who always strive to provide the best service to meet or exceed our guests expectations. I will gladly share your praising comments with them.

We all look forward to your next visit in Krakow & at Sheraton – you home away from home.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The hotel was everything you would expect from a Sheraton, clean, high quality and helpful friendly staff. We stayed in a river view deluxe room (room 205) which was a smoking room. Our only complaint would be that we could not open the windows and the extraction from the room (and the bathroom) was not great - but hey, we didn't have to smoke in the room so this was our problem.
We had breakfast every day which was good with a very good range and good service, and we had a meal one night in the Sports Bar which was huge and very nice.
We particularly enjoyed the rooftop bar, but this was usually closed early (between 8 and 10.30) as it was cold. We didn't find it cold, in fact when we were there the weather was very warm for the time of year in the 20s, if a bit chilly at night, but 'last orders' in the rooftop bar were still earler than the advertised bar closing time, which was a shame. A number of other guests returning at night were also turned away or told it was 'last orders'.
After saying that we have nothing really to complain about and it was a very good hotel, in a very nice location within easy walking distance of everything in Krakow. We would go there again if we were to return.

Room Tip: Try to get a river view room (Deluxe Room) for the view.