“One of the best Sheratons in Poland”

Sheraton Grand Krakow
Ranked #41 of 267 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed in every Sheraton in Poland. Other than Sopot, which was their resort hotel, the Sheraton Krakow was by far the best. The hotel staff was extremely friendly, the room was clean, and the club was well stocked. The hotel had a charming Polish feel while still retaining a modern look. The view of the river and Krakow Castle was wonderful as well. The concierge spoke English and was able to point out some good destinations. Downtown Krakow was just a few blocks over. The large square was magnificent and the market was so much fun to walk through. The outside dining lent itself to a festive atmosphere every night of the week. Of all the places I've traveled, Krakow was the most charming and wonderful. Coming back to nice, clean, sheets and a comfy bed was perfect. I definitely want to go back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river and Krakow Castle.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shannon R
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us.
Our job is to provide you with the best experience and there is no better feeling for us than the one, when it is achieved. I'm happy to see that you have enjoyed the interiors and atmosphere of the Hotel, particularly glad you have mentioned our comfortable beds which are brand new. As you have discovered the city and admired the castle - I encourage you to come during summer time and enjoy the view from our roof top terrace.
I believe we will have the honor to welcome you again in our Hotel.

Kind regards,

Stijn Oyen
Sheraton Krakow Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,167)

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Great hotel, wonderful location! I've been to some good hotels in Poland, but this one was really perfect - service, food, view, ambiance, room, bar, all great! One had to feel well in this place (nicly build and arranged too) and we are certainly going to go back there next spring. We could also get our room there for a couple of days for a real good deal, which made it even more enjoyable!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.
We are delighted to learn how wonderful your stay in our beautiful city was and that Sheraton Krakow is now your hotel of choice.
We always try to create the best atmosphere possible to make you feel that Sheraton is the Home away from home, I am glad we succeeded.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Best regards,

Stijn Oyen
Sheraton Krakow Hotel

Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton for two nights. The room was pretty nice and we upgraded to Executive level. The food was "o.k.". Staff were friendly and courteous, and very helpful with directions. Our room had a distinct odour of old cigarette smoke. Leaving the window open didn't help. The hotel was fully booked so no other rooms were available. The lobby was very nice. We were very close to the Old Town and therefore within walking distance.

Room Tip: If you're not a smoker, make sure you request a non-smoking room!!
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Sheraton in Krakow is located near the famous Wawel castle and along a beautiful riverfront. The room was a nice size and very clean. The thing that was most surprising was the excellent restaurant. I rarely eat in hotels but after a hard day, I decided to give it a shot. I was very pleasantly surprised and will eat there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2012

From the staff to the room to the food, there is nothing to worry about when staying at the Sheraton Krakow. I work in the hotel industry in New York City and as such look for things most travelers might not. I have no complaints. We had a great room with a view of the castle. Housekeeping was superb, always efficient and spotless, even left us a goodbye gift on our last day. Front desk always efficient and on point. We had the breakfast buffet one morning and it was more than we expected. Location is close to everything. Don't hesitate to make the Sheraton your home base to explore wonderful Krakow.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Check in was very friendly and professional. Room was large, comfortable and very clean. I only used the dining area for the buffet breakfast and I would thoroughly recommend this. The range and quality of food was first class. The maids must work hard as my room was cleaned, tidied and best made while I was having breakfast. WI-FI access is available free in the reception area however there is a charge for room access. There is also a pool and seperate male and female saunas. The location is excellent. You can see the Castle and the river from the hotel and the Main Square is an easy 10 minute walk where there are lots of bars and restaurants. There is a quite bar in the hotel and an adjacent bar/diner. Both offer a good range of drinks. I only had one minor complaint. We were in the adjacent bar (part of the hotel) for a beer after a long day seeing the sites. In Poland smoking is permitted in bars however some selfish people (coming from the non-smoking hotel) used the bar as a smoke room. I would not have mentioned this. however these people did not even buy a drink. I guess it says more about how inconsiderate smokers are but I would have expected the management to at least ensure they made a purchased. As I say it's minor and if thats all I complained about it must have been good.

1  Thank JMSScotland
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed there for three days and were very pleased. I had booked at a discount rate which didn't include breakfast, however, upon arrival they offered us breakfast at a much better rate than I had found online, so that was a nice suprise. Very friendy, helpful staff, good restaurant & bar. Our room was spacious and quiet. Among they hotels we've stayed at, this one is certainly among the best. Highly recommended.