“Great”

Sheraton Grand Krakow
Ranked #40 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Very exclusive place to stay. Great localization , just a minute by walk from Vistula River, next to Wawel Castle and short walk (or tram) to the center- Main Square. It's one of the most recognizable places in Krakow (the architecture of the exterior is a remain of an old building with very modern upper part). I think that this hotel has the biggest number of stars (standard) in the city. Rooms are very clean with great service and famous restaurant inside.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank apniec

Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed 3 nights for a leisure break. Very comfortable rooms with excellent temperature control for air con or heating and they must have very good sound insulation because we couldn't hear anything and had very peaceful sleep. Very friendly staff. Food/drink prices a bit steep in comparison to local restaurants but it is such a lovely environment to sit and eat/drink that we didn't mind so much and had several drinks but only a small amount of food (there was a piano playing and cheerful staff). We were given a twin room but the 2 single beds were large singles (not as big as doubles but bigger than normal single beds) and they were really very comfortable with lovely quality cotton bedding - all spotlessly clean. The location is very good for the castle and only a short walk to the old centre of town. We booked through a booking site and got a very reasonable rate for this excellent standard of accommodation - possibly because we stayed at a weekend - not sure. We are really very fussy about hotels and do not recommend lightly but we happily recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2011

If judged by US standards this is at best a mid level 4 star hotel. By typical European standards it's higher, though there is nothing exceptional to make it a 5. My wife and I spent four nights here on a business trip. Breakfast was included in our rate and that was a big plus. It is well maintained and staffed, with a modern open atrium lobby, and this gives it a airy, fresh and clean feel. A few views are good, but most are not, and we were on the top floor. The famous castle complex is nearby and almsot right out the front door, and the hotel is directly across from the river so it is very well sited. It;s about a 15 minute walk to the center of the old market.

Room Tip: Safe bet
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Ok so they say how you can say they were excellent well in this case it is because they are! I have traveled well over a million miles and have stayed in many hotels over many years and the Sheraton Hotel in Krakow is one of the finest hotels I have stayed at. I have been lucky to have stayed here twice in the last two years and am hopeful I will make it back.
I want to especially thank two very special people who have served me dinner the past nights Barbara Sepielak and Barbara Ciezak are so very attentive to the customer these women and all of the others I cannot hope to name are reason enough to stay at this hotel. The food is excellent with local Polish specialties and a nice selection of the finest Meat, Fish and Pasta for your enjoyment. Try the Mushroom Soup in the bread bowl you may want it every night!
The location is very nice you can walk to the local attractions or just cross the street and sit by the river slowly passing by. You will not be unhappy choosing to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the castle
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Phantom5th
Reviewed June 4, 2011

The hotel is situated on the banks of the Wisla/Vistula within a stone's throw of Wawel Castle and Cathedral, two of the most important edifices in Polish history. The Main Market Square is also just 10-15 minutes walk away.

The lobby, restaurant and bar areas look modern. The rooms are very clean and comfortable but could perhaps benefit from some work to brighten them up a little.

We had breakfast at the hotel on just one morning during our stay. Breakfast is very expensive (85 zly per person, which equates to about £21). There was an extensive choice of breakfast items but the quality of food failed to impress. I would recommend that you avoid breakfast at the hotel. There are many restaurants and cafes on and around the Main Market Square that serve breakfast at a more reasonable price (try the Metropolitan).

Drinks at the bar are reasonably priced. The bar food is of good quality. Try to avoid the hotel's Tex-Mex restaurant. The food there is simply not authentic.

Where this hotel really shines is in the area of customer service. I really can't fault this at all. Can I just say a special thanks to Monica at the Concierge desk who helped us to organise trips to the Salt Mines and Auschwitz-Birkenau? Both trips went smoothly. We took a chauffeured driven hotel car to both these sites. The chauffeur helped us to find our private guide and then waited to take us back to the hotel after our tour. It cost 250 zly for the trip to the Salt Mines (total duration of about 4 hours), which at 62.5 zly or £15.6 per hour is an absolute bargain.

We did not have dinner at the restaurant so cannot comment on this. However, there are many good restaurants close to the hotel. I would recommend Pod Aniolami, Miod Malina and (if you are not on a tight budget) Restaurant Wierzynek.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 30, 2011

First to clarify one thing, this is the most premium location in Krakow. Hotel is one minute from castle, ten minute easy walk from main square and ten minute walk from Kazimirez (mainly former jewish quarter now very in with young artistic off crowd).
Hotel itself is typical new Sheraton, SPG rooms are spacoius, clean and well maintained. In SPG rooms you have complimentary water, coffee, tea.
I didnt experince any noise from lobby.
Breakfast is very good though I saw better in my life. Gym is on smaller side but anyway there was nobody inside and it is well equiped.
One thing I do not get it with Sheraton is no wireless internet policy in rooms. This is crazy nowdays, there is one in the lobby so at least this one is for free.
I was watching championship final at Someplace else bar and atmosphere was great as well as service.
Over the weekend it was heavy rain and hotel gives umbrellas without any charge for lost item.
If you can get rate at around 400 zloty per night over the weekend this is more then fair price for this kind of hotel.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2011

Dear marr,

Thank you so much for taking time and sharing your opinion with us.

I’m happy to read, that you enjoyed your stay and a location of our hotel, which made your stay even more comfortable and convenient.

Apart from the lobby area, our restaurants and bars, a free of charge internet connection is accessible via Link@Sheraton, which is connectivity hub of our Lobby experience.

To meet today's travelers expectations we are just working on the wireless access at our rooms, and very much looking forward to have it available in forth.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 29, 2011

I have stayed in many star wood properties and this one ranks higher than many. The design is a bit odd with the elevators at the one end making for longer treks than should be necessary if you are in the 50's room numbers. The open lobby is reminiscent of the Luxor. Can create noise but we did not have any noise complaints at all.

BIG BIG issue for me was the utter lack of wireless in room. I know full well this is a money grab because the wireless in the lobby is free. When you travel with an iPad as I do this is a huge drawback forcing me to go to the lobby to connect..what an unnecessary pain in this day and age. It is the one reason I may not stay there next time...penny stupid I say.

Other than that...great staff, really good food, great service, nice rooms...no other complaints at all. Give me wifi in my room and all would be near perfect...oh great location too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators ESP if you want.
  • Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Aroundth

Dear ChillyAlbertans

Thank you for taking time and sharing your experience with us.

I’m pleased to read, that you are happy with our staff, their great service and quality of our food.

Offering guests possibility to connect and socialize with each other our wifi internet access is available in public area as well as at Link@Sheraton, which is our connectivity lobby hub.

To meet today’s travelers expectations we are just working on the wireless access at our rooms, and very much looking forward to have it available in fall.

Once again thank you so much for your review and we do hope to see you in the future.