“Brilliant Thank You for your Hospitality”

Sheraton Grand Krakow
Ranked #37 of 262 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed April 10, 2011

The rooms are spacious and well decorated we had a river view which was lovely the only gripe is that you cannot open a window.No milk with tea or coffee making facilities but this was not a problem we bought a carton from a shop around the corner which lasted the whole stay. We booked the hotel car from the airport and return which was so easy and well worth the 80 zlotys each way.There was a young man called Adam on reception who was very polite and friendly and whenever we saw him always asked how our day had been and is a credit to your hotel.We had an evening meal in the Olive on our first night the food was exqusite and the restauarant staff friendly and professional, also good value for money other reveiws have stated this restaurant is expensive but including 2 courses drinks and coffee we paid approx £35pp. We also had lunch in the Someplace Else Sportsbar and although this was a bit pricey for a burger it was a huge meal and well cooked and presented we enjoyed it so that alone makes it worth the money.The only let down is the breakfast and not just because of the price which is outrageous but the quality of the food and the choice which is poor.We booked room only and had we have eaten breakfast here first we would not have tried the restaurant or the sports bar which are far superior to breakfast.The hotel is in an excellent position and is a 10 minute stroll to the square and just around the corner from the castle. This is my second trip to Krakow and my first stay at the Sheraton and it was Brilliant.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank MJJ23
Write a ReviewReviews (2,109)

Reviewed April 7, 2011

This is one of the best experience that I have had stayng at the Sheraton Krakow. The staff went out of the way to help me get my lost baggage and did everything to make me feel comfortable. The hghest quality of service and hospitality was a moment of truth for me. The staff is highly trained and motivated , always willing to help and assist in whatever way they can. A special mention for the staff persons - Anna Gwozdz , Ageniszka Chodala , Kasia Skalka , Kasia Zarenba , Magda Mazur , Adam Szewczuk , Agata Pindel and Iza Lis . Keep it up , guys ! ! ! You Rock !!!!!!

Thank you , Sheraton . Looking forward to staying again soon.

Harish Thakkar

Room Tip: Its Excellent , just go for it.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank harisht9
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Hotel in Front of Castle, We had a lovely view of the River & Castle from our room, we travelled with friends & upgraded to Club Rooms which included a fab breakfast in the hotel restaurant & at night in the club lounge we could drink wine & soft drinks until 11.00pm.
Staff were very helpful & recommended Restaurants & places to shop, which were First Class. We also used the Hotel Car to visit Auschwitz, Birkenau & Salt Mines - Great English Speaking Drivers. We also did a tour of the lovely city & had cheap fab lunches in the sun at the Market Square - THOROUGHLY RECOMMEND.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jeanbonner21
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Best location ever. Centar is close. Opposite of hotel is famous Wawel castle with interesting story and beautiful river Visla. Interior of hotel is really beatiful. Big, comfortable rooms with big lobby. Food is tasty and nice-looking.
Overall impression 5+

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gordana V
Reviewed April 1, 2011

The noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in. The noise from the air conditioning machine roared all day and all night non stop. They were even vaccuuming during the night as well! We complained to the staff but they said there was nothing they could do about the noise. We stayed for 2 nights and on the 3rd we actually left and went to stay at another hotel, even tho we had paid for the 3 nights. ANYTHING to get out of this shockingly bad hotel. I did not sleep a wink for the 2 nights we stayed there, and because I was so tired and had a dire headache from the noise, it ruined my trip. For the good of your sanity, do not stay here.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank GK83
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Everything was perfect:-) Cracow is a beautiful and charming city, and Sheraton is near the city center and the wonderful Vistula River. The hotel is very quiet, and staff is helpul. I also enjoyed the pool and sauna. The only inconvenience are very small windows, and therefore the rooms are a little dark inside.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Justine89
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I just returned from a 5 night stay. I am a "Platinum" member with Marriott and I wanted to say that I will be looking at the "Starwood" properties from now on(based upon my experience)! This hotel was AMAZING! I, too, do NOT understand the "typical" Sheraton comments! This place was beautiful! CLEAN! COMFORTABLE! Frankly speaking, the PRICE was OUTSTANDING for the value!!!!!! The STAFF was without DOUBT the friendliest most ACCOMODATING that I have met throughout my travels(328 nights on the road last year). I suggest the "Rate" which gives you 400+ satellite channels, Satellite Radio and Internet!(Club Room Rate, I think). I do NOT know what else you can expect from a 5 STAR property! CREDIT to the STAFF again......My only disappointment was not meeting Dagmar the General manager to advise he/her of the GREAT job they are doing!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo