“Fab for a city break”
Review of Sympozjum Hotel

Sympozjum Hotel
Ranked #127 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My partner and i stayed for 2 nights in this hotel. We got a taxi from the airport direct to hotel (very cheap around £20) the staff greeted us at the reception and give us information on trams, trips and the local pubs. Krakow square is only a few minutes on a tram (tram 18 or 52) from the hotel which was great as the trams were only a couple of pounds and you didnt have to wait long on them coming to the stops. The hotel is not far from the centre of krakow (less than 5 mins on tram) unless you are either to lazy to enjoy a walk or don't want the hassle of a trip in a taxi or tram, i would come back and stay in the same hotel. We didnt have time to visit the spa as we did as much of the sights that we could. Already planning the next trip back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Glamdoll89
There are newer reviews for Sympozjum Hotel

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed here with 4 other friends while visiting the fantastic city of Krakow. We were given 3 rooms together even though we didn't ask for this. I contacted the Hotel by email many times before our visit with lots of questions not just about the hotel but about the local facilities and the city itself and they were only too happy to answer all my enquiries. The staff were very friendly, helpful and spoke very good English. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. There was a good variety of food (breakfast only). There is a tram stop only a 2 minute walk away from the hotel. We used the swimming pool and sauna during our stay. There is a huge Tesco just a few minutes walk away and some other local shops. I would have giving a 5 if it was closer to the city center but I would stay here again. A visit to Krakow is a must, beautiful people, beautiful city, wonderful food and great value for money and you just have to visit the nearby Salt Mines at Wieliczka - just amazing.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank HughM848
Reviewed April 11, 2013

On arrival to the hotel we were greeted by a enthusiastic receptionist. The hotel rooms were basic but adequate. We found the Spa on our first night, it was small like the changing rooms which anyone can walk into but they are clearly marked up 'male', 'female'. The jacuzzi was broken from the 31st March 2013 to the 10th April 2013. The pool was small but as it was just me, my partner and son it was ok.
On our second night in hotel Sympozjum we decided to use of sauna (as we booked more expensive Spa rooms - pool, jacuzzi and sauna was included in it). While enjoying our time we were exposed to male nudity. After asking staff member if that is just one off situation, he said it's common practice in Polan. As Polish citizen myself I'm not aware of this practices in mix sex/mix age sauna area and was disgusted about that lie. We decided to not come back there again and ask receptionist if they are aware of those practices about which no one informed us during booking of our rooms/ on arrival to hotel or while entering to Spa. Receptionist kindly apologised for situation and said that hotel or at least reception is not aware of any of those practice. Furious about that situation we decided to let our voice be heard and wrote complain to Spa Manager. After a week of tickle tacking we finally got through. Hotel apparently is now in process of preparing leaflets and sign informing customers about nudity in their facility. But PLEASE BEWARE before you will pay extra, like us, for facilities check what is nudity policy in it! You won't be probably informed about it.
Hotel overall was good. Not too far from city centre and great transport links. Continental breakfast was very good - everything from scramble /boiled/ mayo eggs, different kind of cheeses, hams as well as sweets and cereals with juices.
Specially we enjoyed bar staff. Head Waiter Martin was very helpful and went extra mile to make our experience as enjoyable as possible. Great manners, very good knowledge of wines and menu for restaurant (even if items weren't on menu - like cheese board or chips - he would deliver it in good low price), nothing was too much to ask for him.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Just got back from staying here for three nights and I find I must warn people to not stay here and look for somewhere better or it will ruin your stay in Krakow.
When we arrived the hotel receptionist was very nice, she told us how to get into town and what tram to take ect. We went to our room which was very basic but we knew we would only be sleeping in there so we weren't too bothered.
It is along way from the town centre and there is no way you could walk it so be prepared to get theta into town.
Our first nights sleep was terrible as the beds are large but the sheets don't fit the mattresses so every time you moved so did the sheet! The mattress was very thin and was coming away at the side.
In the morning for breakfast we walked in and just thought what a nightmare, they really do just cater for other countries and not British people as I do not want to eat olives, cheese dried bread ect for breakfast.
The "spa" is a joke, it doesn't open until 12 noon, the pool is tiny we called it the "orange segment" as that was its shape and with it being so small. The jacuzzi didn't work and you had to pay extra to use the sauna. The thing I didn't like was the changing room. It was a tiny cupboard which anyone could walk in at anytime (men included) and nowhere private to undress.
I asked the next day the man on reception if the jacuzzi would be fixed and my reply was its a Saturday so the man who fixes it doesn't work until Monday. I said so the people who have payed for the weekend can't use it? He ignored me and continued typing on the computer. He never spoke to me again after this, even when we came back in from being in town he didn't look up at us to acknowledge we were there which I found very rude.
I have wrote comments on trip advisor before and they have always been for brilliant places. This is my first (and hopefully last) negative comment I've wrote on here. So please think before you book it as I would hate people to waste their money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nicandchar
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was our third visit to this hotel. It is just about 15 min from city centre by tram ( nos 18 or 52) or about 40 min on foot. Close to hotel is a one of the famous supermarket chains which is open 24/7. Hotel is clean and comfortable and breakfast is good too. The only minus I could find is that wifi is found only at the reception area.

Room Tip: When we booked at the spa area, room was bigger.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Booked this trip due to great price and Krakow being on my wish list to visit, read reviews abou hotel being out of town do not let this put you off very easy access in to the centre loved the tram experience get a taxi on returning to the hotel so cheap but use taxi rank as you will be charged more if you flag one down.
Krakow is so magical glad we visited in January it snowed and added to the atmosphere just wished we could have stayed longer.
The hotel is great value for money yes a little dated very clean adequate breakfast.
We booked Krakow Bob to pick us up from the airport after reading his reviews use him he is a great guy.
Visited Auchwitz which is a must we used the hotel for this trip very good and reasonable use Krakiw Bob for trip if you can he was booked up hence why we used the hotel.
Would love to return one day and would definitely use the hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank jo1987x
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Booked as the result of a friend wanting to stay here. this hotel has four stars due to it's spa facilities I can only assume. The decor is a little dated to say the least. It's other problem is it's about 20 minutes form the centre by tram and while they are pretty regular a central location would be easier as other than a giant Tesco there's very little in the vicinity of the hotel. The hotel bar and restaurant were pricey compared to prices elsewhere although the minibar was reasonably priced for soft drinks and polish items. Also the mattress on the single bed was very thin, pillows also quite poor and I struggled to get hot water in the mornings and evenings for a shower. Breakfast was adequate with a decent selection of hot and cold food but the coffee left a little to be desired.

Overall I was a little disappointed with my stay but it wouldn't have been my choice anyway.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends