“Good hotel!”

Ranked #151 of 259 Hotels in Krakow
Scotland
“Good hotel!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Just back from this hotel and and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Krakow for a few days. The place is clean and comfortable the staff were very helpful good English. The complementary breakfast was excellent, plenty to start your day. The location might not suit everyone it's on the edge of the city but a bus into the city cost 3.80zl about 80p which when you take into account the hotel price your left with plenty of spending money when you get there. It's about 15 mins on the bus (you need to buy your ticket from a machine some buses have them on board but not all.)
Tip: if there's a crossing use it and don't cross on a red man even if nothing is coming if you get caugh you'll get fined on the spot 100zl

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank 4me4you4us

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Hotel is situated at the suburbs far away from a downtown but it is really nice inside and had got nice sort of food. Conference rooms are a little small but for my group was ok. I was here just one night but stay was good. That is not InterContinental but the quaity was ok

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Efekt Express Krakow Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Shcott,

Orlando A.
wroclaw
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Hotel is located outside of city centre but close to highway.
Very good connection by No 130 bus to city center (15min), so you can stay here for small money with good comfort like for such class hotel and use bus for going to the city. You can eat, drink and came by bus safely back.
I'm using this hotel every time coming to Cracow.
I'm staying average 100-120 nights/y so I have enough data for comparison.
Free wifi
Free parking possible, before barrier

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I wish I can give this place a perfect 5 out of 5. Everything was great for this type of hotel (mid-class limited service - although they do have a restaurant which is unusual for holiday inn express in the states).
The rooms were comfy, modern and clean. The front dest staff was very gracious and helpful. I had some overnight packages come in from Holland and they made sure I was notified ASAP. The food at the free breakfast was very good. Really everything met or went beyond my expectations EXCEPT the WiFi.
The WiFi was dreadful for the most part. There were times that I could maintain a brief Skype Call but for the most part it was BAD.
Please fix this important part of most guests hotel experience and you will have a great place. I am a Priority Club Platimum member and have stayed at many other IHG properties around the world and am very fond of this hotel (once you fix the internet)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Marbella, Spain
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Went with work as cabin crew,took a flight of students to auswitch,we had the whole day in krakow and some of us went to sight see and i went shopping and to visit the old town with my colleague and friend,the old town was spectacular and the buildings and the centre was very lovely,shopping centre are huge and plenty good shops so comfy shoes and a big bag is a must lol,will go back for an overnight stay for sure as i love poland its a great country with so much to do wether you want to shop,see the sights or take it easy its upto you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Being my first time in krakow I was completely disgusted by the service I received at this hotel. I was treated like crap from the moment I arrived. It was 9:30 am and after asking where a restaurant was my friend and I were pointed towards the dining area behind us. We sat down and were not served so we walked to the bar and grabbed the waiter. He came to the table and asked us what we wanted to drink and then he brought us our water. After he never returned we got up and asked him if we could see a menu so he pointed them out to us. Again no service so after deciding what we wanted we got up a third time to talk to him. When we tried to order it was only at this point (at least 30 mins later) that we were informed the restaurant wasn't even open for another 2.5 hrs. It only gets worse from here. The next day we returned to the dining area for dinner to be greeted by a different waiter. When ordering our drinks he actually argued with me about the kind if water I wanted, threw his hands up and walked away on me while I was mid sentence! The same day we were expecting housekeeping. The shower gel was empty so we turned the bottle sideways so they would know. Instead if replacing it they filled it with water, shook it and moved it into the hand wash holder by the sink - and in turn moved the hand wash into the shower. So when we went to use the hand wash (which now was obviously the empty shower gel) the bottled immediately squirted out the refilled water. What a joke. On the third day, today, we were set to check out and do a city tour which ended at three pm. Our flight was not until 9 pm and we did not want to roam the city so we were willing to overlook the ridiculous service and pay for a third night just to stay there after the tour until our flight left. When I asked the front desk if we could please rent the room for another night he sounded apprehensive and then said "no the hotel is already overbooked." We just watched a large group check out and I believe he was lying. I checked on hotels.com as well as directly through the hotel and sure enough there are rooms available. What a disgrace to the holiday inn name. These people should not be employed.

• Stayed December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Efekt Express Krakow Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Blynn2012,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you received service which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Katie J
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Krakow hotels

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Got a cancelled flight today because of heavy fog, then was sent to this place,should not have complained too much, but just ordered a beer the bar and the bar guy is incredibly rude and dismissive ,worst staff ever i met in any of the hotels,restaurants or bars.he ruined the everything.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Tony W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Efekt Express Krakow Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Tony W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Please allow me to apologize for the unacceptable service you encountered at our bar during your visit and any inconvenience you may have experienced. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually. Rest assured, your comments will be forwarded to the departments involved and take actions accordingly. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Krakow, Poland.

Anthony M