“No problem”

Ranked #22 of 258 Hotels in Krakow
Zurich, Switzerland
“No problem”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip and extended my stay the following weekend to explore Krakow.

The hotel has been fine, everything functioned correctly, and staff were responsive and did their job well.

My only complaint (and this is a really minor one) is that one of the mornings the bacon was a bit cold. If that's all I could find wrong, it can't be bad.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Radisson_Blu_Krakow, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Tim S ,

Many thanks for your Tripadvisor review.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

With best regards,

Nino Rosenlund

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dumfries
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights, and had an excellent stay. The hotel is ideally situated and it is easy to get out and explore from this base.
Check in was very quick and efficient, rooms are spacious and well furnished and kept very clean.
Staff are very friendly and helpful.
My only slight fault was the last morning was that the breakfast (bacon,sausages etc) was cold, but would not complain as the other mornings everything had been perfect with plenty of choice.
Would happily stay here again on another visit to Krakow.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jimtud
Dear Jimtud.

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you and see you on your next visit to us!

With the very best regards from Krakow,

Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a long weekend in Dec 2012 and arrived to find a stunning snowy scene. The hotel is perfectly situated close to the Planty and just a few minutes walk from the Old Town and the Castle, so it was really easy to find after a day / evening out.

The rooms were a good size, heating was excellent and the reception/ housekeeping service prompt and efficient. We don't tend to eat breakfast, so took the room only option. I couldn't really ask more from a city weekend base, I will definitely look to u this hotel chain again on our travels. My only criticism was the service at the bar, only one member of staff seemed enthusiastic and efficient, going out of his way to make my favourite cocktail, the others actually walked the opposite direction when they saw a customer and were really sullen,this didn't just happen to us, we s others complaining too.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jayne O
Dear Jayne O

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am extremely sorry to learn that you were unhappy with the service in the bar.
I will take up your point with my bar manager.

See you soon again in the Radisson Blu Hotel

Best regards from the team

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have travelled the world and this is the best hotel and service I think I have ever received. I emailed saying it was a birthday trip and requested a double bed (as they say on website double or 2 singles). We arrived and asked if we had been given a double bed and answered yes. In the room we were also greeted with champagne, strawberries and fruit dipped in choclate as a birthday surprise (free of charge of course). The room was newly refurbished (we rented the cheapest option of rooms) and still had all of the luxuries (robe, slippers etc). The staff we brilliant (fantastic English as I speak no Polish), breakfast was just forever ongoing with so many choices (and champagne there also), the location was brilliant (costs us about £4 for a taxi from the train station) and could walk to the main square in less than 5 minutes. The tours to Salt Mines and Auschwitz collected from the hotel which was perfect. All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone visitng Krakow. Complete bliss!

Room Tip: If you have a room facing the street do not slepp with the window open!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

3 Thank NM102030
Dear NM102030
Thank you so much for your review! It was a pleasure reading it and I am happy that we made your stay special.
"I have travelled the world and this is the best hotel and service I think I have ever received" is a wonderful compliment and it is just great to receive it.
I am pleased that you did experience our best service and could enjoy our "Yes I Can" spirit!

My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you again here soon!

Best regards,
Goole
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We have just returned from the Radisson having spent four nights there. The hotel is well located, clean and spacious. Breakfast was lovely: lots of variety which was well cooked.
Some good restauarents within 5 - 10 minutes walk. We particularly liked Pod Wawelem which was always full of locals with well priced, traditional polish food and inexpensive beer.
We found a traditional bar round the corner from the hotel where we liked the atmosphere and price of wine/beer! (Turn left outside hotel, left again,walk past hotel restaurant for about 100m, bar up some steps on left. Looks like a cafe from the outside.
The staff were mostly friendly and polite - we found service in the bar slow and poor. In fact, on Friday at about 5.30, we were told by the young female bar person to 'go away, sit down and 'wait our turn'! We found this really rude and didn't go for a drink there again.
However, although we did not like is attitude, we would possibly stay here again as this was our only blip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank patggoole
Radisson_Blu_Krakow, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear patggoole,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel with us and other readers.

Thank you too for your kind comments about the quality of our breakfast which I know our Executive Chef and restaurant Solfez team will be delighted to hear.

I have discussed your remarks with our Bar supervisor regarding your remarks about the bar service and put in place an action plan to prevent this in the future.

I still hope that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel.

With the very best regards from snowy Krakow,

Nino D. Rosenlund
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2012

A modern hotel overlooking the park surrounding the historic town centre and only five minute walk from the central square. Rooms are clean, a decent size and comfortable. Bed itself was extremely comfortable due to quality linen and the most perfect pillows. Only down side was that it got a bit hot during the night (it was minus 5 outside). Bathroom stocked with all usual amenities, hair dryer, safe in room (at no extra cost), t.v., mini bar, free wi-fi. Staff throughout hotel very helpful. Breakfast buffet had a great choice of hot and cold food. Restaurant looked good, however was quite pricey considering that you are spoilt for choice in Krakow for inexpensive, quality dining establishments, most of which are only minutes walk from the hotel. Ordered a t.v. platter on room service one night, which was promptly delivered and very tasty. One thing to be wary of was the tourist tax which I was charged upon checking out. I was not expecting this as I had fully paid for the accomodation weeks earlier prior to my trip. It only amounted to about about 75 pence per day, however I don't know why this can't be factored into the price when the hotel was booked as I had spent most of my Polish currency and just had enough left for travel to the airport. Advertised as a five star, however in my opinion this is a good quality four star. All in all a great hotel and would return here and recommend it.

Room Tip: If after a quiet room ask for one to teh rear of the hotel. You will not get a view of the park but...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MidgieMan
Dear MidgieMan,

It has been a pleasure having you as a guest of our hotel.

I would like to thank you for taking a moment of your time and sharing the experience you had while staying with us.

You are right concerning the choice of restaurants and bars in Krakow, in the fact you have more then 300 restauarants and bars within 10-15 min walk from the hotel.

I am looking very much forward to greeting you again in our cosy hotel.

With best regards from Krakow,

Nino D. Rosenlund
Bradford
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The Radisson is an excellent and professionally managed hotel overlooking the greenery of the "Planty" in the centre of Krakow.The staff are kind, attentive, competent and above all very friendly in a lovely human way.This was our second visit and we will most certainly be returning next year.
The buffet breakfast is possibly the best and most varied I have experienced in a quality hotel including other Radissons!. It is constantly being refreshed by very attentive chefs.
Our standard room was delightful. The bed was very welcoming and extremely comfortable. The room was efficiently heated, with excellent controls and the well designed curtains kept out every ray of light for an excellent sleep.
I feel that the Radisson concept is excellent and the Krakow Radisson is a first rate example of that concept.
The GM, Mr Nino.D.Rosenlund and his staff should be well complemented for their work!!
With every best wish to you all!

Nodrog & Enilorac

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Planty are a little more noisy but the views of the greenery and the architect...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear BradfordGordy,

Thank you for your review! It was a pleasure reading it and I am happy that we made your stay special.

"I feel that the Radisson concept is excellent and the Krakow Radisson is a first rate example of that concept" is a wonderful compliment and it is just great to receive it.

My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you again next year!

With the very best regards from snowy Krakow,