“very poor standard”

Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow
Ranked #25 of 262 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed June 23, 2011

The beds were pretty uncomfortuble, old dirty carpets, in general very used and run donw. I really will not stay at this hotel any more. This hotel is good for some cheap groups, but not for business clients.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Maximilian72
Radisson_Blu_Krakow, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2011

Dear Maximilian,

I am writing to you in reply to your comments regarding your last stay with us.

First off all, I would like to apologize for inconvenience you had experienced during your stay at our hotel.

I do hope that during your next visit to our city, you will give us a chance to prove you that we deliver the highest standards of Radisson Blu brand.

Thank you for taking time to share with us your remarks concerning your stay as they will help us further improve our services and bring more satisfaction to our guests.

With kindest regards,

Nino D. Rosenlund

Write a ReviewReviews (2,656)

Reviewed June 22, 2011

Before the trip, I was touched by the positive reviews of the hotel, but at that time I found the rate was rather expensive. As we had to change our itinerary, I found from the Internet that the rate of hotel was more affordable so we had two days in this hotel. It was easy for us to go there by tram. The appearance of the hotel was not particularly impressive but what touched us was every details of customer-oriented service. Once we stepped into the room, even it was at the first floor, quiet, comfortable and everything just seemed right inviting no complain. The location was excellent facing the beautiful park. It was within a very short distance to the centre of attractions. The buffet breakfast was so good that we missed it very much when we had to move to the nearby hotel two days later as the hotel was too full. Check the rate of this hotel from time to time and you might find the rate could be within affordable range by luck. I had no hesitate to recommend this hotel to you and I will try in the future of this chain hotel.

Room Tip: Check the rate from time to time.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Amy,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us.

There is no bigger reward for our work than the appreciation of satisfied guest. And with so nice comments from you, even make us work harder, to keep our promise.

On behalf of our Breakfast Team, we are already now looking forward to welcome you back.

With the very best regards from sunny Krakow,

Reviewed June 20, 2011

I stayed at the Radisson Blu Hotel from June 15th through the 19th in room 124. I enjoyed staying at this hotel. The room was modern and clean. All the hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. The concierge helped me on several occasions by giving me directions and getting a cab. All the hotel staff I had contact with spoke English which is very helpful.

The hotel is very close to the Market Square and the Wawel Castle. There are many places to eat and shop nearby. It seems many of the restaurants have at least one person who speaks English. I learned how to say in Polish that I cannot speak Polish and used this phrase when I entered a restaurant. If you wrote the phrase in English it would look something like this: Nia movia po pole sku.

I did not have any problems with anyone and there are plenty of police around to make you feel safe.

Thank you to all the hotel staff for making my first stay in Poland a pleasant one.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo

Dear Dan,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and in our wonderful city of Krakow.
It was very nice to read that my colleagues could help you on several occasions.

I will definitely share your comments with the staff during our next staff meeting.

I would be more than happy to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel on your next visit to Krakow,

Reviewed June 17, 2011

As well as being very central and close to the main square the hotel itself was excellently maintained. The business class room was very large with nice additional complimentary services. Staff very helpful and the buffet breakfast had a great selection.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank jamser89

Dear jamser89,

Firstly, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us on Tripadvisor

I was happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel and the quality of service delivered by my colleagues.

I would be more than delighted to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel on your next visit to Krakow,

Reviewed June 13, 2011

This was a great hotel. Modern and clean. Had a lot of amenities. In fact, for 6 nights I didn't use them all.

The bed was comfortable, and the room had a sofa and desk. Free WIFI and good buffet breakfast. Room service was 24/7, but the menu was limited. (For instance, there was just one sandwich available before 11PM). The windows opened wide for nice circulation.

Now for the negatives... checkout was slow. They pull out a folder and calculate your statement from all the receipts they have. And the hotel was costly. Although the hotel was in Poland, the prices rivaled Western hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to minimize noise
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Travels-From-SF

Dear Travels-From-SF,

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and the quality of service delivered by my colleagues.

I would like to apologize for the slow check out and I hope during your next visit to our city, you will give us a chance to prove you that we deliver the highest standards of Radisson Blu brand.

I am already now looking forward to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel and to the wonderful city of Krakow,

Reviewed June 6, 2011

Excellent hotel. Very central ( 5' walk to the center). Very comfortable rooms with all the facilities. Excellent breakfast with a large buffet and plenty of choices. A small inconvenient: The room was a little bit cool(my visit was a December)

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jimadvisor
Radisson_Blu_Krakow, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2011

Dear jimadvisor

First of all I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us on Tripadvisor

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and the quality of service delivered by my colleagues.

I am already now looking forward to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel on your next visit to our wonderful city of Krakow,

Reviewed May 26, 2011

This hotel is in a great location and the hotel itself is very nice. Staff were very helpful

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple