“I didn't like it.”

Ranked #46 of 259 Hotels in Krakow
hamilton
“I didn't like it.”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed one night in room 121. Didn't like it at all. The whole hotel is tired looking. It is having major work done inside but its looking dated even with some of the changes. Its a bit like a building site inside at the minute. The room was old fashioned and the bed covers and decor was old and faded, felt a bit grubby. Sticky remote control. Horrible bright orange cushions didn't help matters and an old TV with one english news channel. Wifi was ok, bit slow but the worst for me was the bathroom. There was a horrible smell in it. I can't work out what it was. Like enclosed strong mildewy type smell. I couldn't wait to get washed and out of there. It was still around £84 a night. Disappointed.
I did wonder if they put people who are only staying one night in the worst rooms, but not sure. The one plus point was there was a free breakfast buffet that had a good selection but sadly the food was average too. Lumpy scrabbled egg and really tough bacon warned up for a long time. We were there at 7am so I couldn't understand that. I would say to you that if you pay a tiny bit more and can walk well then go to the Queen Boutique Hotel its amazing in comparison.

Room Tip: Can't help you other than refuse room 121. Remember also you can go up in the lift without putti...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
NovotelKrakowGM, General Manager at Novotel Krakow Centrum, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking your time and writing about your experience. I am really very sorry you were dissatisfied with your stay, please accept my apologies as your experience is not in line with our commitment which made the reputation of our hotel. At Novotel we strive to deliver the highest quality service to every customer and constantly improve either the product or the level of performance. I want to assure you I will personally check all the issues you have mentioned in order to prevent future occurrence.
As you kindly noticed we are under renovation process scheduled to finish at the beginning of September. I am most sorry it disturbed your stay in the hotel but I am also proud that soon we will be able to welcome our guests in nicely designed, modern interiors.
We perfectly understand that our guests comfort and stay enjoyment is the highest value and we put special attention not to disrupt this.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to present the highest service level and modern product in the future.
It will be our pleasure to assist you in your next stay in Krakow.

With best regards from Krakow,
Sabina Bartyzel GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Eance, France
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is a better than average Novotel in my experience.
The hotel is nice and clean, room was a decent size and the bed was comfortable. There was some reconstruction work going on in the lobby area but it didnt affect my room at all.
A 15 minute walk and you are right in the city centre.
The staff were very helpful and friendly too.
Good breakfast, lots of choices, hot stuff still hot which is always good.

Leeds UK
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Went with Riviera Travel (seems most people have) to view Krakow & experience Auschwitz. The rooms were terrific, 2 huge beds, lots of space in the room & a spotless bathroom, we couldn't have asked for more. We could make our own tea & coffee as a kettle is provided & there is a local supermarket 5 minutes walk away. The staff were very helpful and the breakfasts were fab, the food choice was tremendous.
The restaurants off the main square in Krakow were a bit iffy, better to stick to the main plaza & even these by all accounts (didn't actually try them myself) were not expensive. We went to a local rooftop resataurant that had just opened & it cost approx £25.00 for both of us for a 2 course meal.
All in all a super time was had & is highly recommended.

Room Tip: The rooms on the city side (left side of the hotel) get the early morning sun which is better as it...
1 Thank annethLeedsUK
Norwich
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Lovely big room, modern bright and clean. Big bathroom large walk in shower. Opposite the river which was nice and the castle. Not too far from the main square, good breakfast.
Went with Riveria travel so was shown how to get around. Good location.

Room Tip: We had a standard room which was great and I am fussy,so guess the up grades would be even better q...
Durham
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We went here to see Krakow, but also to go to Auschwitz. We went with an organised tour company (Riviera), which was really good and meant you could see what you wanted to see and it was all organised
The hotel was good, very clean, excellent bathroom, and well positioned overlooking the river.
Across the busy main road directly in front of the hotel, you can get to the river and walk along the bank. There are a number of boat trips, but also boats where you can eat or just get a couple of drinks, it really is lovely. Everything is within walking distance, the town centre being about a mile and a half away, but the hotel will book you a " buggy" to take you, but brace yourself, its a bit of a wacky races type of ride!! The Polish are not overly friendly and seldom smile, but I think this is just how they are and not meant to be offensive. It is very cheap to eat well in Krakow, and there is little to spend money on, but the place is steeped in history and just lovely to see. The hotel is well positioned and friendly, I would recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank DurhamTeddy
Somerset
Reviewed August 13, 2013

When we arrived in Cracow the temperature was up in the 40s. Despite the fact that it was before lunch, the very helpful desk staff had no hesitiation checking us into our room. The air conditioning was bliss, the bed comfortable, the bathroom clean and well supplied with fresh towels. I can't fault this hotel at all, the breakfast, although a little expensive by Polish standards at the equivalent of £14 pp was a very varied buffet; the desk staff were charming and helpful, and spoke very good English. One bonus was the cash machine in the foyer, which meant we didn't need to trapse about looking for one in the city. It was well placed within walking distance of the Vistula, the Rynek and the Wawel and I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room but given the double glazing I would guess most rooms are fairly quiet, alt...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This hotel is extremely comfortable modern & spotless. Staff cannot do enough to help especially Gregorz the bartender, a gentleman to say the least! Could not do enough for its. Food is lovely and overall I would have no hesitation returning to this hotel....Ab Fab!!

• Stayed August 2013