“Mixed”

Novotel Krakow City West
Ranked #54 of 262 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were spacious and kept clean, opted for bed and breakfast. Breakfast was basic but kept replenished. It is luck of the draw wether of not you find helpful staff, on check in was greeted by a lovely receptionist but at other times was spoken very rudely to. Shuttle bus times are good but as we experienced they didn't turn up one morning - we had been waiting before it was due, when asked reception we got told to wait outside where they arranged for it. But they had ordered a normal taxi so we ended up having to pay, which wasn't too bad as taxis are cheap but it would have been nice for the hotel to warn us as they advertise a free shuttle service. On the whole is okay but would not say it was 4 stars.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Autumn C
NitinBhatia, General Manager at Novotel Krakow City West, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at Novotel Krakow City West. I have carefully reviewed your comments and at the outset, please accept my sincere apologies for the short comings you experienced.

I would like to assure you that this is not our usual standard of service and your feedback has been discussed with the reception team to ensure that it does not happen again.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you to Novotel Krakow City West and once again thank you very much for your feedback.

Nitin Bhatia

Write a ReviewReviews (1,241)

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Ten of us stayed here on a Stag weekend......Taxi into town anywhere will cost between 15PZL to 50PZL (£3 - £10) dependent upon time, day etc of travel.....Bus stop right outside for cheaper 5PLZ fare into town......Shop over the road for any needs as well as a small diner that served great polish food....... Staff very friendly and will help you organise your trips, give advice on bookings.....Hotel Bar is limited in beer choice, but wide range of spirits and soift drinks, that said, it serves its purpose as a central meeting for a few drinks before heading out into the town.......Rooms are well presented, secure with a valuables safe, fridge, good modern bathrooms and cleaned/serviced daily.....Breakfast was hearty eat all you want and filling (but please do get a better toaster and better tea !!).....Menu options for quick lunch/dinner are OK. This hotel is good for where it is 'pitched' at the middle/lower end of costs. Go again?......yes with 'the lads'....but, if I was taking my wife, I would go more up market and would want to stay closer to the main town.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MarkHinge

Dear Mark

Thank you very much for your very positive review of Novotel Krakow City West. I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and the breakfast, room, bar and the friendliness of the team all met your expectations.

Hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you once again to Krakow.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NitinBhatia, General Manager at Novotel Krakow City West, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed with this property 2 nights on last weekend and it was very good decision to book this place! Staff is professional, nice big room, delicious breakfast … I can highly recommended this place to everyone who is travelling to Krakow. Stan SUGAR

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your positive review regarding your recent stay at Novotel Krakow City West.

I am delighted with your feedback on the quality of our rooms, breakfast and the services rendered by the team.

We look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I spent two nights in the hotel. I had the conference in the center of the town. The hotel was clean, WiFi worked well even in the 8th floor. The hotel also has the parking space, which is payable for extra (1 day 10 €). There is a bus station in the front with buses which actually stick to the timetable and they take you to the city centre, which is 2,5 km away. The hotel employes are kind.I recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
NitinBhatia, General Manager at Novotel Krakow City West, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback about your stay at Novotel Krakow City West.

My team and I are happy that we met your expectations and you particularly mentioned about the cleanliness and the team's kindness in your review.

Thank you once again and hope to welcome you in the near future.

The team and I would also like to take the opportunity to wish you and your family a very Happy Easter.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stayed for business twice. Free wifi was adequate for business, but inadequate if you want to watch videos etc (I don't). Rooms are clean, modern and comfortable with free mineral water and a small fridge. Sauna is good (but managers - please put a water-cooler in sauna area; no water in a sauna is a health problem, and encouraging people to take their free glass bottles into a sauna is an obvious safety risk).

Breakfast is good if unexiting and evening meals are good. Hotel is out of town centre, so no restaurants nearby - but a taxi to town is 20 - 25 Zloty (£4 - £5) so no worries there.

Staff helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank bruce l

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at Novotel Krakow City West.

I am particularly delighted about your positive comments on the cleanliness and breakfast and I would like to also acknowledge your comment about the leisure facilities. Your valuable feedback will help us in adapting our procedures to enhance guest satisfaction and I thank you once again for your feedback.

I sincerely hope to welcome you once again to Novotel Krakow City West and look forward to meeting with you in person.

From all of us here, Wish you and your family a very Happy Easter

Reviewed March 29, 2014

LOCATION & ATTRACTIONS NEARBY *** Novotel Krakow City West (formely known as Novotel Bronowice) is situated approx. 3 km from the city centre, close to few business centres. It is not that bad with communication as there is bus stop nearby and it's not that expensive to take a taxi to the centre.

HOTEL OVERVIEW *** Building itself it's quite old and from outside - it looks really ugly, but inside it's quite modern, clean and fresh. This property offers really great value for money and those money you save you can spend somewhere else in Krakow. I actually like coming back there. I wouldn't say it's the best hotel in town, but for the amount you have to pay - definitely worth it.

PURPOSE OF THIS TRIP *** Leisure.

RESERVATION *** I made my reservation using my Accor Le Club account. That was easy, but somehow I misplaced by first and surname there. It was pre-paid reservation (better rate), booked just few days before my check-in day. Reservation sent by e-mail and also text message, but...

CHECK-IN *** ... at check-in Receptionist couldn't find it. I've noticed that they always had some issued with an Accor Reservation Numbers. Finally, after we found it I was very happy. As a Platinum Card Member, I wasn't offered any room upgrades (they were available) but my request for a high floor was met. There is not big brand (Accor) recognition, and they seem to still work in their old manners, but that has its own charm.

LENGTH OF MY STAY *** 1 night

LOBBY & RECEPTION *** Lobby is refurbished and looking quite modern. It's spacious and always very busy as hotel is quite popular with tour groups.

ROOM *** My room (#1024) was on the 10th floor. As booked - Superior Novation Room 1 queen size bed + convertible sofa. It was spacious, fresh and modern-looking. What I liked that it was (almost) consistent in style - new furniture and bright colours. I said almost, because an ancient hair dryer and A/C controller are just priceless.
I was nicely surprised that there was a welcome card (hand-written) on my desk and also a stone plate with some local sweets (they didn't look that great but were absolutely stunning!!!). That was really nice and I really enjoyed that. I know, this is standard procedure, but many hotels ignore or forget that. Also, one bottle of complimentary bottle of water was provided.
Bed was extremely comfortable (always was in this hotel) and I had a really nice all night sleep. There is also a mini bar and a safety deposit box and also coffee/tea making kit (unfortunately with two cheap plastic cups and wooden sticks instead of spoons).

BATHROOM *** Bathroom was also spacious and warm and that ancient hair dryer (it was actually working very well, haha). No bathrobes are provided.

BREAKFAST *** Unfortunately this time I didn't have a chance to have a breakfast due to very early departure, but from my previous stays I remember that it was always a good, old style, rich breakfast buffet. This time - worth adding a little bit extra.

INTERNET ACCESS *** Extremely annoying idea to have printed coupons with some crazy combinations. Internet Access for complimentary for Platinum card holders, but I still don't understand, why do you have to have such crazy combinations of small/big letters, numbers - name and room number should be enough. It's 2013/14!!!!

CHECK-OUT EXPERIENCE *** I was in a hurry, so Reception staff was very helpful with my final bill, so I was able to leave on time.

STAFF *** Some of them (especially older part remembering times of Orbis / Novotel Bronowice) didn't adapt to Accor reality, but they younger guys and girls are up to this standard. They are all lovely anyway, haha.

OVERVIEW *** Great value for money; comfortable, clean rooms; ok location - consider this option, especially when you have your car with you or you want to save some money.

Room Tip: High floor rooms are quieter