“Great value for money!”

Ranked #54 of 258 Hotels in Krakow
Dublin, Ireland
“Great value for money!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

LOCATION & ATTRACTIONS NEARBY *** Novotel Krakow City West (formely known as Novotel Bronowice) is situated approx. 3 km from the city centre, close to few business centres. It is not that bad with communication as there is bus stop nearby and it's not that expensive to take a taxi to the centre.

HOTEL OVERVIEW *** Building itself it's quite old and from outside - it looks really ugly, but inside it's quite modern, clean and fresh. This property offers really great value for money and those money you save you can spend somewhere else in Krakow. I actually like coming back there. I wouldn't say it's the best hotel in town, but for the amount you have to pay - definitely worth it.

PURPOSE OF THIS TRIP *** Leisure.

RESERVATION *** I made my reservation using my Accor Le Club account. That was easy, but somehow I misplaced by first and surname there. It was pre-paid reservation (better rate), booked just few days before my check-in day. Reservation sent by e-mail and also text message, but...

CHECK-IN *** ... at check-in Receptionist couldn't find it. I've noticed that they always had some issued with an Accor Reservation Numbers. Finally, after we found it I was very happy. As a Platinum Card Member, I wasn't offered any room upgrades (they were available) but my request for a high floor was met. There is not big brand (Accor) recognition, and they seem to still work in their old manners, but that has its own charm.

LENGTH OF MY STAY *** 1 night

LOBBY & RECEPTION *** Lobby is refurbished and looking quite modern. It's spacious and always very busy as hotel is quite popular with tour groups.

ROOM *** My room (#1024) was on the 10th floor. As booked - Superior Novation Room 1 queen size bed + convertible sofa. It was spacious, fresh and modern-looking. What I liked that it was (almost) consistent in style - new furniture and bright colours. I said almost, because an ancient hair dryer and A/C controller are just priceless.
I was nicely surprised that there was a welcome card (hand-written) on my desk and also a stone plate with some local sweets (they didn't look that great but were absolutely stunning!!!). That was really nice and I really enjoyed that. I know, this is standard procedure, but many hotels ignore or forget that. Also, one bottle of complimentary bottle of water was provided.
Bed was extremely comfortable (always was in this hotel) and I had a really nice all night sleep. There is also a mini bar and a safety deposit box and also coffee/tea making kit (unfortunately with two cheap plastic cups and wooden sticks instead of spoons).

BATHROOM *** Bathroom was also spacious and warm and that ancient hair dryer (it was actually working very well, haha). No bathrobes are provided.

BREAKFAST *** Unfortunately this time I didn't have a chance to have a breakfast due to very early departure, but from my previous stays I remember that it was always a good, old style, rich breakfast buffet. This time - worth adding a little bit extra.

INTERNET ACCESS *** Extremely annoying idea to have printed coupons with some crazy combinations. Internet Access for complimentary for Platinum card holders, but I still don't understand, why do you have to have such crazy combinations of small/big letters, numbers - name and room number should be enough. It's 2013/14!!!!

CHECK-OUT EXPERIENCE *** I was in a hurry, so Reception staff was very helpful with my final bill, so I was able to leave on time.

STAFF *** Some of them (especially older part remembering times of Orbis / Novotel Bronowice) didn't adapt to Accor reality, but they younger guys and girls are up to this standard. They are all lovely anyway, haha.

OVERVIEW *** Great value for money; comfortable, clean rooms; ok location - consider this option, especially when you have your car with you or you want to save some money.

Room Tip: High floor rooms are quieter
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank marqoos_pl
NitinBhatia, General Manager at Novotel Krakow City West, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing Novotel Krakow City West here on Tripadvisor.

For a seasoned traveler and a loyalty club member as yourself, i am delighted that your overall perception of the hotel was positive, from the product to the service rendered to the value for money factor.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you once again and I certainly hope to have the opportunity to meet with you face to face.

May I also take the opportunity to wish you and your family a very Happy Easter.

Nitin Bhatia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Hotel is big and decorated in modern style.
Advantages:
- big rooms with new furniture;
- perfect bathroom with all needed stuff;
- tasty food and plenty of choices;
- a free bottle of mineral water;
- located: 5 minutes from the bus stop and a 15 from the tram;
Disadvantages:
- located is far from center (but it is easy to catch a train and ride to the center);
- elevators works unpredictable, you could wait for it upto 30 minutes in the morning hours;

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NataliiaSemsky
Nitin B, General Manager at Novotel Krakow City West, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for rating your recent stay with Novotel Krakow City West 5/5. We very much appreciate the positives you experienced at the hotel, from the large room size, to the bathroom amenities and the food and beverage offer.
I would further like to add that apart from public transport options, the hotel also operates a complimentary shuttle twice a day into the town centre and I hope that you will have an opportunity to make use of this service in the future. I am deeply concerned about your comment about the elevators' unpredictability. The hotel has 3 elevators and all have been in working order and are consistently maintained to the highest standard. Guests may face a slight delay during very busy mornings but not more than a minute.

I sincerely hope that Novotel Krakow City West will be your hotel of choice for future visits and my team and I look forward to welcoming you once again.

Lancashire
Reviewed February 17, 2014

stayed at City West for 5 nights at end of July 2013...... Hotel was lovely and clean and very friendly, didnt think much of restaurant menu but bar menu was nice. would defiantly stay there again. hotel provided a free taxi morning and evening into the town centre

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GlitzyPinks
Nitin B, General Manager at Novotel Krakow City West, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your feedback about your stay at Novotel Krakow City West.

I am happy to note that the hotel met your expectations in terms of staff freindliness and cleanliness. We are constantly making changes to our Food and Beverage offer and I am pleased to advise that we will soon be offering a more modern and international menu coupled with a contemporary ambiance.

We look forward to welcoming you once again.

Arlington, Virginia, United States
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Visited with family and it was an extremely affordable option for us. Not too far from old town center. There is a free shuttle provided by the hotel which was nice because finding a parking spot in old town is just about impossible. If you take a cab it's not expensive maybe 10 Zloty Pool was terrible but hey you get what you pay for right? Breakfast was an additional add on which we did not take.

PROS
Clean
Affordable
Easy to find
free parking
nice staff
normal stand up shower
free shuttle twice a day into town
price

CONS
nothing within walking distance
pool was horrible

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ariana U
Nitin B, General Manager at Novotel Krakow City West, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for feedback about your recent stay at Novotel Krakow City West.

We are delighted that you and your family had a pleasant stay with us and found the hotel to be excellent value for money and the services rendered by the team were to your satisfaction. I would also like to acknowledge your negative comment about he swimming pool and I am pleased to advise that as a part of our ongoing commitment to change, the pool will go through a makeover in the near future.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you to Novotel Krakow City West in the near future. Please do not hesitate to join our facebook page where we will be posting regular updates about the hotel and Krakow.

West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2014

It has to be said that the exterior of this hotel is one of the most drab and uninspiring I have ever seen. It looked particularly depressing in the gloomy weather of Krakow at New Year. That aside, there are many positives to this hotel which I all list below.

Positives.
1. The staff. Very friendly, very kind and welcoming. Polish staff are often unhelpful and surly but not here. From the receptionist to the restaurant staff, all were very professional.
2. The decor. Inside there has obviously been a major refit. The communal areas were modern and spacious. The room itself was of a more than adequate size and well presented. The walk-in shower was particularly welcome.
3. Breakfast. The breakfast was priced at 54zl per person and I thought excellent value for money. A good selection of bread and cereal and plenty of continental breakfast items including smoked mackerel which is a favourite of mine.
4. Location (part 1). It is easy to find and very close to the motorway so little time is wasted entering and exiting the city.

Negatives.
1. The pool and sauna area is in desperate need of renovation. Very old style, almost communist in its bare board appearance. The sauna is also incredibly small. It could be that this will be taken care of in the next stage of the refit.
2. Location (part 2). I stayed here as friends were staying in an apartment opposite. The literature given by the hotel states that it is around a 20 min walk to town. I am a fit and healthy young man and it took me at least 30 minutes to get to the old town square so bear this in mind if you are not so energetic.

If you require a good, solid hotel with clean, modern rooms and friendly staff and you don't mind a walk or bus/taxi trip to town then this hotel is ideal and I would have no hesitation recommending it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DMRussell75
Nitin B, General Manager at Novotel Krakow City West, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your comprehensive feedback about your stay at Novotel Krakow City West.

I am glad to hear that you were happy with the recently moderninsed interiors, the friendly services rendered by the team and our value for money Buffet Breakfast and the hotel location.

I have noted your feedback about the pool area and would like to assure you that we are consistently making changes to our products and a refurbishment is planned in 2014.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you in the near future and wish you a very Happy New Year.