“Almost Impossible to Find But Nice”

Novotel Krakow City West
Ranked #53 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This place was nearly impossible to find even though we had a very detailed Google map. But, after we found it, it was worth looking for. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast excellent. The staff was friendly and seem to know that the hotel was nearly impossible to find because of a lack of signage off the main road.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Novotel Krakow City West

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Nice enough hotel, even though it looks like a Stalinist office block on the outside. A bit out of the way, a shuttle service is offered but it's very limited and at inconvenient times. After one bus journey into Krakow we realised that 5 of us could get taxis much more cheaply to get around. All in all ok.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have greatly enjoyed being in Krakow after a long week in Poland. This hotel is superb - the quality of rooms, service and food are great. The only problem is the location which is not in the centre - but there is a shuttle.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a great place to stop the disabled room was very good and suited all my needs. The the pool and sauna where good too, we were the only people in it and it was great for a swim after a long day. The prices in the bar where good too. The bar food was very tasty, I had a club sandwich which was great. The mini bar prices did not look to bad even though we did not use it as plenty of tea coffee and bottled water .safe was so easy too use. Pleaty of transport into the center. We used taxis which where always parked in the hotel taxi park. Breakfast was okay but we only had that on the last day and we where in a hurry. If I had to say anything negative it should be they need a clock in the reception area and milk for tea in the room. But would stay again and felt like this hotel was a home away from home. Thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Looks a bit old on the outside but inside it's brand new. Clean hotel with large beds. Friendly staff. Very popular among groups. Nice pool and fitness centre. Cheap taxi (3 EUR) to the Old Town. Large guarded parking.

Room Tip: The higher - the better. Rooms on the south have nicer view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gringo30
Reviewed May 24, 2013

It is a renovated hotel outside the center, a little bit far away if you stay several days in the town. The rooms are clean and there is enough of space even if you have a lot of luggage. The breakfast is "narrow" compared with other Novotel hotels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have stayed here many times (as my previous reports will record) and this time was here from 19-22 May.

When I walked in I could hardly believe it was the hotel I knew so well. The whole front area has been stripped out and modernised in blending colours and matching furniture. The bar is now open to view. During my three days I saw lots of guests sitting and meeting in this large open area.

I was in Krakow for more dental work at Armadent, so did not spend much time in my room. I had room 716 which I chose because this grade of room has walk in shower (rather than a bath tub). Comfortable bed. I did not open the adjoining convertible settee.

Because of the dental treatment timing, I was able to have breakfast once only. The room was very busy at 07.30 and the kitchen could not keep up with the demands of the <locusts>. I could not get several items I normally have at breakfast.

Lots of business people and, I think Chinese, guests on coach parties. Latter very well behaved and disciplined.

There is a handy ironing room next to the lift on 7th floor. Useful for smartening up clothes crumpled in the suitcase

I found some extra bus connections this time. 139 outside to Plac Inwalidow, and change to tram 20 will bring you quickly into town centre. But there are other options.

I used once the 21.00 free taxi shuttle back to the hotel. The driver was one I recognised from previous stays!

I will certainly stay again

Room Tip: The rooms with walk in shower cost more but are more suitable for us older guests
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank alanreynolds
Travelers also viewed these Krakow hotels
Novotel Krakow Centrum
Qubus Hotel Krakow
#47 of 261 in Krakow
Liv'Inn Aparthotel
#17 of 261 in Krakow

Been to Novotel Krakow City West? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Novotel Krakow City West

Address: Armii Krajowej 11 Street | Armii Krajowej 11, Krakow 30-150, Poland (Formerly Novotel Krakow Bronowice)
Location: Poland > Southern Poland > Lesser Poland Province > Krakow
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#14 Best Value Hotel in Krakow
#20 Business Hotel in Krakow
#26 Family Hotel in Krakow
#30 Luxury Hotel in Krakow
Price Range: $47 - $102 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Novotel Krakow City West 4*
Our 4-star hotel will surprise you with its contemporary interiors, a cosy bar, a library and a colourful area for kids. The hotel’s spacious, 30-metre rooms, warm colours and super-fast Wi-Fi will make sure you enjoy a comfortable stay and perfect conditions for work. Your well-being is of utmost importance for us; we are surrounded by green spaces, away from busy Old Town and above all we offer our guests free-of-charge transfers to the centre of Krakow. The public transport bus stop is right opposite. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Novotel Krakow City West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Novotel Krakow Bronowice Hotel Krakow