“Very good comfort in the city center”

Ranked #43 of 256 Hotels in Krakow
Ploiesti, Romania
“Very good comfort in the city center”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Very convenient location to reach by foot Krakow's historical city center - 5min from main square.
Impressive elegant entrance and lobby, spacious and well equipped rooms (I had a huge bathroom). Room furniture was very comfortable and well maintained. However, this is the first hotel where I saw minibar door sealed :) Staff is very kind, helpful and friendly, be it at front desk, bar or restaurant. By the way, this is a common behavior of people in Krakow, taxi drivers, shop assistants or waiters, they were very polite and helpful.
Rich buffet breakfast, with the exception of coffee :(

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel despite being "bumped" the first night to another hotel due to overbooking. No real problem as they organised everything and upgraded us on our return for the rest of the trip. Decent breakfast but pretty basic bar for a Holiday Inn . Great location only a few minutes walk from the Unnesco World Heritage listed main square. Not a hotel with any real soul but fulfils the "Holiday Inn " experience. Would certainly go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel is located about 10 minutes walk from the main market square. The front desk was quite friendly and spoke fairly good English. The breakfast was decent with a good selection of chase and cold meat. Overall, it was a nice stay. However, I felt a bit uncomfortable when I ordered a private tour from a brochure through front desk and ended up with a hotel van with driver that did not speak a word of English, instead of a Mercedes promised on the brochure. Fortunately, we mainly needed a car to Auschwitz which provided guided tour by the museum.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank USCHRU
New Yorik City
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Of all the hotels we stayed in during our current trip to 4 Eastern European cities, this was my favorite. The room had western-style amenities and the bed was extremely comfortable. The hotel has 3 buildings--two are new and modern and the third is a historic palace. We had the good fortune to stay in the historic section. The only drawback is the low, sloping ceilings, which others have mentioned. You just have to be careful on that side of the room. Staff members were all very helpful. Breakfast tip: The hotel is at the point where Wielopole and Starowsilna meet. Cross to Starowsilna and turn left and go about 2 blocks, where you will find a bakery with excellent coffee and pastries.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NYCTraveler60
shmaria, General Manager at Holiday Inn Krakow City Center, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review with excellent rating of Holiday Inn Krakow and for recommending our hotel to other travelers.
I am sending you my best personal regards hoping to welcome you soon in our hotel.

Yossi Wircer
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have stayed three nights in HI Krakow City Center in September, business trip. I have booked room direct as hotel's website didn't show any availability. Unfortunately I have to rate this review only 'Average' - this hotel didn't meet my expectations and I wasn't too happy with few small things (easily avoidable).

Firstly, what I do LIKE with this hotel...
- LOCATION - minutes from Main Square and Old Town, close to Railway and Bus Station, shops, restaurants and clubs, one of the best locations in central Krakow.
- BREAKFAST - great selection of different meals and drinks. Price (if not included in your price) is 60 PLN (approx. 15 EUR), not cheap, but worth it. Staff there was always attentive, helpful and welcomed all guests with true smile.
- WELCOME SWEETS box waiting for me in my room with the personalized letter. That was nice. Complimentary voucher for one drink was provided at the time of checking-in.

Unfortunately, there are few things I DIDN'T LIKE...
- I understand, that all hotels swipe your credit card for guarantee, this is standard procedure, but after check-out I had two times the same transaction blocked (one posted one blocked for another 5 days). There is something wrong with the procedure. Bill was accurate and blocked amount disappeared, but that was annoying.
- I have added my Priority Club Rewards card number before arriving to the hotel, but I had to fight for my points after. PC team was saying that 'this was not eligible rate', Reception staff that 'of course eligible' and Reservations again that this was 'a gesture of good will'. Guys! Decide what your version is and don't confuse everybody. Everything was explained and sorted out, but still that shouldn't have happen. Simple information that this is special rate (which I wasn't aware, neither Reception staff) would be enough. Lack of COMMUNICATION between Reservations/Reception/Priority Club is very annoying.
- I had my reservation made for 1 person, but I have received room with two single beds. Why? What's the point? That's why you have this information available in the client's profile in advance to allocate it (or try) right. I was explained after that I was actually upgraded to Executive room and there were no rooms with 1 King bed available. Funny, that nobody even told me that I was upgraded. I appreciate that, but would be great to tell client that 'something extra' has been done. I'd be very happy and probably not even mention room type at all...
- BATHROOM wasn't the best either. Shower curtain should be 5 cm longer and that would stop entire floor flooding. One evening I had to use all towels to remove water from the floor. Bathtub construction allows water to 'go around' and then fell down to the floor. Above shower you could see quite ugly ceilings stains and marks. That should not happen (or be seen by guests) even in lower standard hotels (just to remind: this was the Executive room).
- INTERNET access in the room it's just a joke. Hotel is considered as a business hotel, but cannot offer a Wi-Fi access in the room! There is wired Internet, but... cable is 40 cm long!!! Did you ever try to connect something there??? In the lobby there is free Wi-Fi, but you need to ask for a small piece of paper with crazy complicated log-in details and password. Why would you need that? Name and room number should be enough to avoid any abuse of this service.
- One night (approx. 9 pm) when I was leaving my room there was set of dishes outside in the corridor (somebody finished their ROOM SERVICE meal). This was the same few hours later and following morning. It was taken approx. 8-9 hours later.

Overall experience wasn't too happy for me. I know that these 'issues' are not really that important, but I think for the price you pay there, this should not happen. Holiday Inn Krakow City Center is good hotel, but could be even better. Great location and comfortable rooms, but there is a lot to be improved. Competition in this area is very high and hotel needs to do everything they can to be on the highest possible level of service and comfort provided to their guests. I would probably come back to this hotel and I really hope that that will be 5*.

I would like to thank all staff members, who helped me with sorting out these issues with points and payments.

2 Thank marqoos_pl
Chesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Spent 2 nights here whilst on business/holiday.
Room was very comfortable and the facilities fine.
Good position for looking round the city.
The bar is small and tends to close before you want it to in the evening!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2012

l was part of a group of 20 staying at Holiday Inn Krakow City Center between 20-22 September for 2 nights.AS previous stated by others,the hotel is ideally situated within 5 minutes of the Main Square.l had a twin room with bath/shower/tv/ with a view looking out over front of hotel.No complaints at all.Breakfast is self service with excellent choice.l recommend the All in Omlette!
Staff on reception very helpfull,speak excellent English.We went to two excellent restaurants:Wesele & Leonardos.Highly recommended.Plenty of places to stop for a coffee.
No end of bars,clubs,restaurants around the Main Square & surrounding area.
Lots of shops & an excellent arcade selling T Shirts,Scarves,Jewellery plus gifts for children.
We only had time to visit Auschwitz,where we had a really excellent Polish guide.When l return l will certainly use Holiday Inn again & hope to visit The Salt Mines,Castle,and a trip on the nearby river looked well worth trying.

Room Tip: Twin bedded room 206 was excellent overlooking front of hotel