“Hard To Find, Surely Staff, But Amazing Location”
Review of Campanile Krakow

Campanile Krakow
Ranked #71 of 262 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed July 22, 2009

Based on online reviews I booked a room for three nights in this hotel before seeing it first. I drove in from Germany and got to Krakow late. The city is very hard to drive in and this hotel is very difficult to find. I did not get in until after midnight and the night staff were surely. They seemed put out by my late arrival. They sent me to a room with people sleeping in it. I came back to the desk and told them they sent me to an occupied room so they sent me up to another room with people in it. Third time was the charm and they finally sent me to a room on the 6th floor facing the street. This was a room with a wonderful view. The room was generally clean but the AC barely worked so I spent most of the nights with the window open. Thankfully it cools off at night. I ate breakfast one morning and was not impressed. The bread was stale with no high fiber choices. The eggs were greasy and not fresh. The coffee was not that great either. I skipped breakfast at the hotel the next morning. The real charm of this hotel and what would bring me back is the location right in the middle of the old town. Dinner options and pubs are close by and the whole area seems safe and conducive to after meal strolling. I seemed to stick out in the crowd due to my American dress but only had wonderful dealings in the city. I wish I could say the same about the Campanile staff. They seemed surely and put out every time I spoke to them. Indeed they were the only Poles I can say were not totally welcoming to me during my month in Poland. I drove to see the camps at Auschwitz and the drive is easy from this hotel. I would stay in this hotel again if the price were right if for no other thing than the location. On the other hand the staff needs a major attitude adjustment and the breakfast is just not worthy of a Campanile Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Nagant

Reviewed July 20, 2009

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The friendly staff, excellent complimentary hot breakfast, and clean rooms made my stay in Krakow an extremely enjoyable one. They even rolled out a pack-and-play for my baby boy, which I thought was a nice touch.

Another benefit to staying at this property is its close proximity to the main square in Krakow (just a few blocks walk). It can get pretty loud if you leave the windows open, but it's all part of the atmosphere.

When I come back to Krakow, I will definitely stay here again. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2009

The hotel is located between the main train station in Krakow and the Old Town. It is only about 7 minutes walk each way. Due to poor WiFi reception in some rooms very helpful and friendly staff let me check two other rooms. All were clean, bathrooms were shiny and smelling fresh. Breakfast was not included and a bit pricey for me, but there are few nice places around which serve quality food at a good price. Lifts were working, heating as well. For TV addicts, there was a telly in the room but - as far as I remember - it was only receiving one channel and at poor quality. Since it is not a problem for me I was still quite pleased. It was my second stay there, and I am going to come back there - if in Krakow. I think they have got underground parking but please check with the hotel to be sure.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2009

Its clean,cheap and central
Fine for a lads weekend but not for romantic get away
Breakfast is poor- hot food limited and inedible
Staff not that friendly but reasonably informative

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2009

This hotel is ideally situated for the old city. As requested, we were allocated a room at the back, away from park (and apparent noise!) and this was perfect. No problem with the air conditioning either. Comfortable beds and very clean. There was a lack of drawers which caused a slight problem, together with no safe in the room, otherwise an excellent hotel. There was a good selection at breakfast, both hot and cold buffet. As we were on a package holiday I am not aware of the indivual rates charged, but we felt it was value for money.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2009

We chose this hotel for its location to Old Town Krakow and price. This hotel is 10-min from the Glowny train station and 5-min from the Old Town center. Rooms were well appointed with tv (1-English speaking channel), kettle, coffee/creamer/sugar and biscuits. Great shower and beds helped with long tour days. Front desk can help organize trips to Auschwitz or Salt Mines if need be. Grocery store located around corner for snacks/soda. We booked a double but found we were allocated at triple room (charged for double) however it is roomy enough for that many people. Didnt have breakfast included in rate (9Euro/person) but saw that it was typical European with breads, meats, cheese, yogurts, fruit and coffee/juices. Breakfast can be found at 2-McDonalds in Old Town as well as some sites in the city too.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2009

We chose this hotel as it was the cheapest of the 3 hotels in the Thomson Lakes & Mountains brochure, plus it was the only one actually in the old town. It is basically a budget chain hotel, similar to Travelodge in the UK. Our room was pretty nice, although there was a distinct lack of cupboard/drawer space. Our air conditioning worked fine, although we preferred to have the window open instead. Luckily it was not too hot at night, as the nearby tram route is pretty noisy and we would have struggled to sleep with the window open. The location is brilliant otherwise, as you are just 5 mins away from the main square and there are lots of bars and restaurants in the vicinity. Breakfast was included in our room rate and was more than adequate but you could probably get better/cheaper food locally if you wanted to. We loved Krakow and are likely to go back in future and definitely wouldn’t rule out a return stay here.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple