“Great Location, excellent efficient staff”

Sodispar Serviced Apartments
Ranked #27 of 264 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We have just returned from our long weekend in Krakow. Initially we booked the Cambridge apartment (sleeps 9) for 5 of us because there was very little else available to us.
After one night, I asked for us to be moved because the noise from the bar below kept us awake until 3am!
Sodispar were excellent. Within half an hour we had seen two separate apartments (zurich and Geneva) both were better appointed and although it split our family up, it proved a better arangement for us. Thank you Sodispar

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Clean, well equipped. Great staff at office and transfers worked well
Roma is a vast apartment (biggest bedroom could fit most hotel rooms within it, possibly twice!). There are 2 bedrooms, one with large double bed, sofa and TV, the other one with double and single/cot bed. Good bathroom with washing machine, large hallway and a store room where the iron & board are found
Location is right on busiest shopping street, near the main square. Apartment is at back of building so quite quiet. Location is good for sightseeing as all the old town is walkable from here.

Downsides are that the apartment is on 2nd floor - no lift/elevator
and Florianska street has touts offering men visits to clubs such as strip clubs (although we didn't see any nearby) at night so you need to be broad minded. This didn't happen when my wife was with us and Krakow did feel a comparatively safe destination. The touts were quite polite and a 'no thanks' was sufficient, as it is with all the people in Krakow who offer trips (city tours, auschwitz and salt mines) or restaurants. They do get repetitive after a while, but this is no reflection on the apartment of course (getting a bit off topic!)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank insightimages
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I have had a long relationship with Sodispar, as we've stayed in their apartments for two summers in a row in Krakow. My husband was stationed in Krakow on business for three months last year (2012) and three months this year (2013), and I was able to join him for some and most of those times, respectively. His company set up the placement with Sodispar, so I have no insight as to the booking process and very little into the cost (at least in US dollars). I actually wonder why my husband did not receive the email to write this review. In any case, Sodispar provided adequate facilities and cleaning service--we even had a washer in our unit. Not as comfy as home, but it was plenty worth it considering the VERY close proximity to the Rynek Glowny (Main Market Square). Sodispar was always very responsive to our concerns and questions; five stars on customer service. When we had issues with the internet or noise, Sodispar reps were willing to work weekends and get up ungodly early to help us resolve the issues at hand.
Therefore, I'd just like to say thank you--to Jerzy, Jakub, and the team--for accommodating us through my husband's employer for both our extended stays.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We've stayed in Dallas, a beautiful apartment in the old city. The Sodispar people are nice, they will arrange for everything you need. Two downsides: the aparment is advertised as quiet, because it is situated at the back of the building, but don't let that fool you! The noise from within the apartment disturbs you as much as street noise would. On Saturday night we barely slept because of a group of kids drinking and partying one floor down. Also, even though you are on the second floor, every time someone comes into the front door, you'll wake because of the loud slam. Nothing much was done with our complaint. It was perhaps a bit naive to expect a quiet apartment in the centre, but it was quite a dissappointment, as I was pregnant and needed my rest. Second downside, a small one: the showerheads hadn't been decalicified in a while, so barely any water came out and it sprayed everywhere. We ended up screwing the lower showerhead off and hosing ourselves down every day. Other than that, nice apartment, friendly service.

Room Tip: Do NOT choose Dallas if you really want peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The apartment (located less than a two minute walk from the main square in Old Town) was spotlessly clean and had everything I needed for a wonderful week in Krakow. The price was much lower than I would have expected for the quality and location of the apartment. Anywhere in western Europe, the price would have been 4 or 5 times higher than what I paid.

What really made my experience stand out, however, was the incredibly caring service I received from the Sodispar staff. Every member of the staff I worked with repeatedly went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I needed and to help with any issues that came up.

I cannot recommend Sodispar highly enough and would give them 10 stars if it was possible.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The apartment Quebec slept 10 although there were only 5 of us. Fabulous location and apartment had everything that was required. Even an authentic Polish woman next door who visited and was lovely if confused. We had a tour of her apartment and was a step into the past. We would go again and have recommended to all our friends in Edinburgh. Great

Room Tip: All rooms had their own attractiveness
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank LindaJames_10B
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed in the Davos apartment and couldn't have been happier. When looking for an apartment in the old town, I had trouble finding one with both air conditioning and a lift -- and this one had both. It was very clean and comfortable. All the appliances were new and worked well, including the washing machine. Most important, the location was perfect, and we could walk to everything. I highly recommend this apartment.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple