“Fabulous customer service”

Ranked #20 of 259 Hotels in Krakow
Norway
“Fabulous customer service”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Me and 4 other guys went on a trip to Poland in June. It was the middle of the Euro 2012 championship, and we were a bit late with booking our accommodation. Although there were many places to choose from, we thought that renting an apartment would be a good idea for this trip. Many places chose to inflate their prices by insane amounts unfortunately - some by as much as 250%! We thought this was daylight robbery to say the least, especially since Krakow wasn't even a playing arena, but a base for 3 of the national teams (and they were walled up in their 5 star hotels with cannons, trenches and barbed wire anyway).

Reading on the Sodispar website however, that they gave the option of staying in Poland without horribly inflated prices, gave us hope of a successful choice, although they asked for direct contact if staying for less than a week during the championships. I contacted them directly and inquired about our planned 4 night stay, and they allowed us to have a big apartment at the price of 5 days - 25% price increase is slightly less than 250%, I would say!

Our desired apartment - the luxury Vancouver was unfortunately booked, so we got the one named Quebec. Its location was really super - smack bang in the middle of Old Town.
We chose their airport transfer service as well, as it is actually cheaper than going by regular taxi. It was raining cats and dogs (and maybe a few hamsters as well) when we got there, but our driver was waiting for us and took us 'home' in a nice big van - he even took us on a small detour and showed where a few things were on the way, without adding extra cost to that. He was a humourous and friendly guy and good to have on both our transfers.

The entrance to the apartment was not too cool - just an iron door in the wall on Poselska, but during the hot days the cold staircase was really nice to have - and the apartment itself didn't overheat too much, thankfully - as there was no A/C here. We got a map and general information from our driver, including a set of keys for every one of us. As we asked about a trip to the salt mines, they offered us transport there for the next day at our desired time, which was a godsend instead of joining a group tour. I don't remember the price of the transportation, but it was very low compared to what I would expect after reading about it in various places. This was a trip saved best for a rainy day, so we did just that ;)

The apartment itself was nice enough, although not super high standard wise. It was clean and well furbished, although the floor looked somewhat more worn than in the website pictures. But we did have a nice stay there - and the big flat screen and stereo equipment were good to have as we were relaxing before hitting the restaurants and making the town only marginally less safe :)
Bedsheets and towels are provided, but you will have to bring your own shower gel/shampoo. The kitchen had a lot of things for use, but we didn't take advantage of it, as we preferred dining outside. We did use the fridge quite a bit of course - handy also for making ice cubes for our Baileys :)
The living room was nice but not great. If you fill this apartment up with 8-10 people, there is still only a sofa for 3-4 people, so the rest have to sit on very uncomfortable kitchen chairs - unless you bring your own?

I had very good communication with the administration before our trip, and they answered each and every of my question without hesitation and very satisfactorily. As we had a late flight home, we were even lucky enough to keep our apartment till 19:00 that same day - unheard of in hotels for sure.

For a future trip, I would consider the slightly higher class apartments, but again - their customer service and friendlyness is second to none, and the apartments in old town place you right in the middle of the action!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tertitt69

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We booked to stay at the apartments a short tram ride from the city centre, however the shower in our room was broken so we were transferred to the apartment block just off Krakow main square. The owner was so apologetic and took us on a tour of the city in his own car. The apartment we ended up in was wonderful and it's location was amazing! Couldn't have asked for better customer service!! Thank you.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nm8788
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Sodispar has a wide range of beautiful and spacious apartments at reasonable prices. Staff are friendly and attentive and helpful. I have stayed with Sodispar several times over the past five years and have always been happy with the rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I have been using Sodispar for many years. I have always found them to be friendly and helpful people. The apartments they offer are excellent value and ideal for a stay in Krakow. I have also recommended them to friends who have been equally impressed.
If you are considering a visit to the beautiful city of Krakow I would strongly recommend using Sodispar.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Krakow
Reviewed December 23, 2012

The rooms are in a great location, clean, well-furnished with comfortable beds, and they have some of the best prices in the city. But what really sets Sodispar apart is their customer service that goes far beyond the call of duty.

Case in point: one of the wheels of my suitcase was badly damaged on my way to the apartment, so I asked Sodispar if they knew of any shop in town that could fix it, they said they didn't but they had a handy-man that could look at it, so the next morning they had someone come by, take the suitcase, and when I woke up the next morning it was back, with a note saying sorry we couldn't fix it, which was already a round-trip on their part, which was way beyond what I would expect.

But then I get a call in the afternoon because one of them was walking around along the street, saw a luggage shop, went in, asked a few questions, and made a few phone calls and found that there was a shop in another part of the city that could help me. So they came back, brought the suitcase to the shop, had it fixed, and brought it back, all within 24 hours.

I have never seen customer service like this before, I was totally blown away, and I know that any time I come back to Krakow, I'll be staying with Sodispar.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Liege, Belgium
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I rented several times different apartments with Sodispar and I was never disappointed.
The apartements in which we were staying were always located in the city center (about 100m from the mainsquare) , full equiped , clean and lovely.

My friends and I were very pleased of the staff of the company with friendly employees and all the time reachable by phone if needed!

One time, they couldn't provide us with the apartement booked and they upgraded our booking by giving us a better apartment for the same price!

I defintely recommand Sodispar apartment for their professionalism and good apartments location!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Lublin, Lubelskie, Poland
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Great location (about 1 minute from Main Square) and complete equipment for reasonable price. I strongly recommend this apartment (Sydney) for couples or two friends. Thanks to Sodispar staff for help and great organisation of our stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple