Me and 4 other guys went on a trip to Poland in June. It was the middle of the Euro 2012 championship, and we were a bit late with booking our accommodation. Although there were many places to choose from, we thought that renting an apartment would be a good idea for this trip. Many places chose to inflate their prices by insane amounts unfortunately - some by as much as 250%! We thought this was daylight robbery to say the least, especially since Krakow wasn't even a playing arena, but a base for 3 of the national teams (and they were walled up in their 5 star hotels with cannons, trenches and barbed wire anyway).
Reading on the Sodispar website however, that they gave the option of staying in Poland without horribly inflated prices, gave us hope of a successful choice, although they asked for direct contact if staying for less than a week during the championships. I contacted them directly and inquired about our planned 4 night stay, and they allowed us to have a big apartment at the price of 5 days - 25% price increase is slightly less than 250%, I would say!
Our desired apartment - the luxury Vancouver was unfortunately booked, so we got the one named Quebec. Its location was really super - smack bang in the middle of Old Town.
We chose their airport transfer service as well, as it is actually cheaper than going by regular taxi. It was raining cats and dogs (and maybe a few hamsters as well) when we got there, but our driver was waiting for us and took us 'home' in a nice big van - he even took us on a small detour and showed where a few things were on the way, without adding extra cost to that. He was a humourous and friendly guy and good to have on both our transfers.
The entrance to the apartment was not too cool - just an iron door in the wall on Poselska, but during the hot days the cold staircase was really nice to have - and the apartment itself didn't overheat too much, thankfully - as there was no A/C here. We got a map and general information from our driver, including a set of keys for every one of us. As we asked about a trip to the salt mines, they offered us transport there for the next day at our desired time, which was a godsend instead of joining a group tour. I don't remember the price of the transportation, but it was very low compared to what I would expect after reading about it in various places. This was a trip saved best for a rainy day, so we did just that ;)
The apartment itself was nice enough, although not super high standard wise. It was clean and well furbished, although the floor looked somewhat more worn than in the website pictures. But we did have a nice stay there - and the big flat screen and stereo equipment were good to have as we were relaxing before hitting the restaurants and making the town only marginally less safe :)
Bedsheets and towels are provided, but you will have to bring your own shower gel/shampoo. The kitchen had a lot of things for use, but we didn't take advantage of it, as we preferred dining outside. We did use the fridge quite a bit of course - handy also for making ice cubes for our Baileys :)
The living room was nice but not great. If you fill this apartment up with 8-10 people, there is still only a sofa for 3-4 people, so the rest have to sit on very uncomfortable kitchen chairs - unless you bring your own?
I had very good communication with the administration before our trip, and they answered each and every of my question without hesitation and very satisfactorily. As we had a late flight home, we were even lucky enough to keep our apartment till 19:00 that same day - unheard of in hotels for sure.
For a future trip, I would consider the slightly higher class apartments, but again - their customer service and friendlyness is second to none, and the apartments in old town place you right in the middle of the action!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sodispar Krakow apartments have been family owned and managed since 1995.Apartments are situated in the most central areas of the city, next to main tourist attractions, shopping areas and entertainment establishments. This homelike accommodation is a splendid alternative to pricey hotels. Discover a comfortable and affordable way to experience Krakow from an insider’s point of view.All of the flats are fully furnished self-catering apartments with private bathrooms and basic kitchen appliances.Freedom and easiness of independent accommodation comes together with excellent service and professional assistance whenever necessary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sodispar Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sodispar Service Apartments Krakow
- Sodispar Service Apartments Hotel Krakow