“Beautiful Hotel on Old Town Square”
Review of Hotel Wentzl

Hotel Wentzl
Ranked #10 of 258 Hotels in Krakow
st paul, mn
“Beautiful Hotel on Old Town Square”
Reviewed April 17, 2011

This beautiful hotel is directly on the square, facing Cloth Hall. It is warm, comfortable and welcoming. We had room 25, a triple room, overlooking the square. There was no noise problem at all. The hotel is beautiful old-world architecture. Our room had a restored beam ceiling and hard wood floors. The room was spotless. The bath was also spotless and modern, with an exposed brick wall that was beautiful. The bed was very comfortable. My daughter slept on a cot, which she states felt every bit as comfortable as a bed. The room was very large.

The location of this hotel, sitting right on the Old Town Square, is perfect. It is steps to Cloth Hall, St. Mary's Basilica and next to a wonderful cafe. It is a short walk to other sights, such as Wawel Castle. The staff is simply amazing. Every single staff member was polite, friendly, knowledgable and spoke English very well. Not a single one winced at our pathetic attempts to speak Polish. Whatever the hotel pays these staff members is not enough. They were expertly qualified and extremely welcoming to us.

I highly recommend this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stpauligirlmn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
swansea
Reviewed April 5, 2011

We stayed for two nights and had the most wonderful time. The location of the hotel made it for us. It was right on the old town square. Our room had double doors which opened onto a small balcony . We were sipping champagne overlooking such a wonderful view ! There sre 2 types of room traditional or modern . The guy on reception gave us the choice ! we looked at 2 rooms and went foe the modern miminal room with the view. The staff in the hotel were very helpful and booked our trips with no problems.
The restaurants in Kracow are outstanding . The quality of the food and the value for money is unbelievable . We ate in a really good italian called Da Pietro on the corner of the square and had a starter and main course with drinks for the equivalent of about £30 !! ( for two ) . We went to a classical music concert in a church and did a horse and carriage ride , we sipped cherry vodka ouside ( with rugs over us under patio heaters ).
We also visited Auchwitz . I must admit this was very difficult for me but I went along because my husband really wanted to do it. It was a harrowing day and i wept through most of it. But , saying that , it was very respectful and i was glad I went and if you visit Kracow you should go to remember those poor people.
Two days was not long enough and we will be going back this year in October . We will be staying in the Hotel Wentzl again and I would highly recommend it to you . The breakfast was good , although the food you can buy out is also excellent and cheap.
Visit Kracow, its wonderful for a short break. x

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sybiltheswan
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed March 26, 2011

My husband and I had a beautiful stay at this special hotel. The location can't be beat in Krakow. The view from our roon was right out on the Maria Church. An amazing sight, especially at night. We ordered a superior room and it was super. The staff is extremely friendly...always a smile as we came down the stairs. The best of all was the breakfast, though....wow.. :))

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2011

The location of Hotel Wentzl is excellent ... it overlooks the town square. I would recommend a room on the 4th floor as most have a small balcony that looks over the square. The rooms are not particularly big , but are certainly sufficient. The hotel staff are first class .... friendly , helpful and courteous . If we were to return to Krakow , then we would certainly stay here again.

4 Thank Dogbite6
Southsea, Hampshire
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Excellent hotel with superb location right in beautiful main square. Free walking tours start from almost right outside. Impeccable service & staff. Try and get a room with a view of the square, if possible.

Branchburg, New Jersey
Reviewed March 24, 2011

The Wentzl is really a lovely hotel. I would rate it a 5 except for one reason: the bed. My bed was a little hard, which I have read in other reviews. This hotel also is in an absolutely perfect location with spectacular views of the square and church. My only other complaint is that there was no safety latch or chain on the room. I stayed by myself, so I chose to move the bench with my suitcase in front of the door. No one ever came in, but I still found this slightly unnerving. My last complaint is the hairdryer really was a piece of garbage. Breakfasts were nice. Staff was very friendly and helpful. It can be a little loud at night with the party people in the square. I think that's a wash with the fantastic view.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Cobh Cork
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Totally perfect for a city break. Perfect location, room 100%, bed large and comfortable, breakfast super. Overall perfect hotel in a lovely city