“Lovely little hotel”

Runcorn, United Kingdom
“Lovely little hotel”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed in this hotel from the 16/10/12 until 20/10/12,

This hotel is great if you are reasonably fit as there is no lift and the only way up is via the spiral stairs, this was not a problem for me and my mate as we are young/fit enough, however, i did notice that a lot of the guests was older than myself (44) and stuggled to get up the stairs which are steepish and in a spiral effect.

The rooms are very modern and spotlessly clean, they are cleaned every day and towels could be changed when you want. i had a twin room and it was plenty big enough for us 2 and more if need be.

The location of the hotel is fantastic, it is in the old market square with every shop/resaraunt/pub you can think of just around the corner. the staff are very freindly and are all too willing to help you if you ask for it, i almost lost my mobile phone as i left it in the taxi, if it was not for the staff then i would not have got it back.

Breakfast was continental with 2 hot options of hotdog sausage and scrambled eggs as well as cerials and the usual cold foods which was a good choice, you had to come out of the hotel and into next door where the breakfast was served. staff was very friendly.

you dont have to vacate the room until 12 noon and you could even keep it on for a few extra hours if you wanted to, the hotel will hold your bags and personal belongings until your going to the airport or leaving, they will even get you a taxi to the door to save you running over pedestrians with your cases!

Overall a great place to stay if you have no medical conditions and dont mind the stairs.

Enjoy it!

Paul

Room Tip: go for the supreme room as they are even bigger than the one i have mentioned.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Rezydent9, Manager at Rezydent Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

We would like to thank you for such good review on tripadvisor web site. It is really nice to hear that our Guest enjoy their stay, the room decor and hearing that hotel staff fullfill your needs.

We are hope to see you again in our hotel soon.

Rezydent*** hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Polish first
Fredericia, Denmark
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Nice hotel in a perfect location just on the corner of the main square. We arrived in the morning but were still able to receive our room right away. Both the room and bathroom appeared recently renovated. Cleaning were excellent. We were especially impressed with our housekeeper ethics. We tried leaving her some tip for her sercives, but the money was never touched.

The hotel offers free wifi. The connection was excellent in the hallway but unfortunately did not work in the room itself. Our room faced the street but the noise was not a problem with the windows closed, but that could partly have been due to our location on the 4th floor. There's no doubt that it could be a big problem in the summer since there is no aircondition.

Breakfast was good with a selection of eggs, sausages, cereal, cheese, sweets etc. Only the bread wasn't to our liking but from what we know, the breakfast bread is typical polish hotel standard.

As for the stairs - the hotel does state that not all building have an elevator, so we were aware of that fact. People with walking disablities should note this.

So would we stay in Hotel Rezydent again - probably yes, but not in the summer due to the lack of aircondition.

1 Thank KT8200
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your review which is very nice and ensure us that we are making all the best to satisfy our Guest stay.

We are hope you visit our hotel again in the future.

london
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This hotel is in a marvellous situation minutes from the large square. The staff are helpful but the soundproofing leaves a lot to be desired. We were on the first floor in the only building with a lift and were woken up early in the morning by voices coming from what appeared to be a business below us. We could also hear people in the rooms adjacent to us and their conversations, as I expect they could hear ours. The hotel really needs to address this situation. If you are a light sleeper think twice about staying here, otherwise make sure you take earplugs. The breakfast left a lot to be desired. Bread but no toaster for example.

2 Thank queenie61
Dear Sir/Madam,

First of all I would like to thank you for the review. All our Guest suggestions are very important to us as all the time we want to improve our business to make it better.

About the noise from the business below the rooms - I undertand that this can be troublesome but you need to remember that Rezydent*** hotel is located in the Main Centre of Krakóws Old Town. Car access to such part of the street is possible only till 10 a.m so all shops/restaurants/pubs suppliers are coming between 6 and 10 a.m. What I can promised that we will ask those who deliver to Chłopskie Jadło, Sfinx and Marmolada restaurant as they are located in the same bulding as hotel rooms to be more quitet especially in early morning.

Anyway we are hope you visit our hotel again in the future.

devon
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotel disappointed us in lots of ways. Nice staff, spotlessly clean. When we arrived we were shown to our room - up 100 steps with no lift!!! We counted! The hotel should warn guests in advance of this. The room was lovely, large and very clean. We asked to be moved and they did this the next day. The next room was on the 2nd floor and came with a lift. The room was again spotless but the smell!!! I can not really explain it..a vile, vile smell which never left even with the windows open. Obviously the hotel staff were aware of this as there was a plug in air freshener as well as a spray. They didnt work!! We only slept there and so put up with it. Breakfast was boring and if you dont like eggs or salad dont book!! No change..the same menu every morning. The coffee, i am sure was reheated!!..All in all, a very disappointing hotel which we would not use again.

Room Tip: Make sure when you book that you state whether or not you are prepared to walk up 100 steps a few ti...
2 Thank kellie-mariedevon
Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to thank you for your opinion on tripadvisor web site. It is extremly important to us even if you are not satisfy.

Just to short explenations - if you be so kind and let us know directly on which web site or trael agency you made reservation as all our direct co-operetants are informed that not all rooms have a lift access and some of them are located even on 4th floor. Our direct co-operetants are obligate to add this information on hotel description so I will have possibilty to check if the keep these rule agreement.

About the smell in the room - I would like to ensure you that we are working on that but for know all specialist which visit the hotel in this case do not find any reason in hotel installation of water and sewage. They informed us that on 90% it is caused by old sewage system in this part of Kraków, but we are still trying to remove this problem any way. Also I would like to add that Houskeeping is using special chemical liquid to disinfect drains in the shower or
washbasin.

About the breakast at Marmolada restaurant - of course I will foward your opinion to their Manager but honestly I also travel around the world and usually the breakast in each hotel is the same each day. This is just standard buffet but as I wrote I will foward your opinion.

If you have any other suggestions do not hesitate contact with us directly.

yorkshire
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hotel is perfect for sightseeing around Krakow. It is just off the main market square and in easy walking distance of the train and bus stations. Having read the reviews that said it was noisy we went armed with ear plugs but these were definitely not needed. Our room was up three flights of stairs, which was not a problem for us but do tell them if you couldn't manage this. The room we had was at the back of the hotel, so whilst the view might not have been picturesque it did mean it was very peaceful. Having said that the double glazing looked very efficient and I think it would have stopped most noise anyway. The room was spacious, spotless and very comfortable - and the bathroom was fabulous! Tea/coffee making facilities in the room would have been a nice addition.
Breakfast at the Marmalada was Ok but a bit uninspiring, the same selection every day. Some fresh rolls in addition to the sliced bread would have made a big difference.
The staff were mostly lovely, we only had one who wasn't - a receptionist of the shoulder shrugging variety!
I would definitely stay in this hotel again. Its position and the comfy room made it perfect for our 3 night city break,and it was extremely good value.

Room Tip: Be prepared to walk up a couple of flights of stairs or tell them in advance if you need access to a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank anibYorkshire
Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to thank you for nice opinion on trip advisor web site. I am really glad that you enjoy your stay at our hotel.

I will rebuke the recepion staff about the shoulder shrugging variety as this is not accepptable and of course I apologise for that fact.

Anyway I hope you visit Rezydent hotel in the future again.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have just returned from my first visit to Krakow with friends. The city is beautiful and we really enjoyed our visit including the hotel until we came to check out. When we arrived and got into our room, the heating was on high so it was very hot. The radiator,was situated under the window so after I put down my case I moved the curtains in order to switch off the radiator but as I moved the curtain the control valve fell off. This valve was obviously only balanced onto the radiator due to the way no physical touching off it made it fall to the ground. We assumed that the hotel must know of this problem so just put the valve on the window sill. There was no instructions from the hotel with regard to reporting any problems with the room. We had a great couple of days and upon checking out was told that due to us breaking the radiator (which we categorically had not) we would be charged 150 zlotis. We explained what had happned and after Reception made a call to Management we still had to pay but the fee was reduced to 100 zlotis. Due to us being with friends we paid the fee but was very annoyed about it. This was obviously a fault before we got into the room. We would have to question what sort of standard of maintenance is carried out by the hotel if they thought that this was not broken! I could argue that the hotel never informed us of the building work that was being carried out at or nearby the hotel during our stay that resulted us in being woken up at 6.30 eac morning by the noise. We were not going to mention this but feel after the way we were treated that we should. The actions of this hotel ruined the end of what was a very enjoyable couple of days and so due to this I would not recommend this...watch out if you are staying in room 17!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sue T
Dear Sir/Madam,

First of all I would like to thank you for review. Even if it is not nice for the hotel is the same important as the others.

Let start to the radiator. Please be informed that before each arrival the room is checked by Houskeeping - not only the cleaness but also all fitness equipment. The same was before your check in to room nr 17. You have to know also that technical servise check all radiators and heaters as we turn on the central heating and everyting was on the place.

According to the hotel regulation rules which you sign during check in time (on the registration card) you are responsible for all room equipment till you check out. when you saw that there is someting wrong with radiator you should immediately let know to the reception desk this fact as technical service could manage that. The fact that someting is wrong with the radiator was notice at the reception by Houskeeping on the next day after you check in and they left this radiator untouched as a proof that it is spoil. Unfortunately the reception do not have pleasure to catch you during the stay that is why the ask you for payment during check out time. The radiator was tear off and I am sure that my staff check everyting before your arrival and it was on a place.

Please be sure also that I very often check the rooms by myself and if I find anydrawback in the room I draw consequences to the housekeeping department and technical service so they really take care of that.

About the nosie in the moring - the silent night is finishin and 6 am. The Rezydent hotel is located in the main centre of the town. Also you need to know as it is historical part of the Kraków the car access is only till 10 am so all restaurants/pubs and shops suppliers are coming in the morning. Of cousre we rebuke those one who deliver to Chłopskie Jadło, Sfinx or Marmolada restaurant as thet are in the same buildings as hotel rooms but all other are out of our possibility.

I hope that I clarify hotel position one more time. If you have any additional questions do not hesitate contact with us directly.

Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We couldn't find a single fault with this hotel. Having read the reviews we requested a quiet room via e mail, this was answered within a few minutes. We did get a quiet room, which was spacious
and so clean it looked asthough we were the first people to ever set foot in it. The bed was comfortable and the room had two fans in it, which were useful as it was warm on a night.

The staff were helpful and cheerful throughout our stay. Breakfast was of a good quality with lots of choice and the hotel itself is in an excellent location for exploring the city.

All in all we had a fantastic stay and will be back some time in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Nicola375
Rezydent9, Manager at Rezydent Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Nicola,

We would like to thank you for very nice review. I am glad that you enjoy your stay at Rezydent hotel and ensure that our Guest opinion is extremly important for us.

We are hope you visit us again.

All the best