“Rowdy Clubbers Ruin Pollera's Appeal”
Review of Pollera

Pollera
Ranked #120 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Pollera is an old world-style hotel, with antique furnishings, beautiful stained glass, and helpful staff. Rooms are large, with comfortable beds, an ample sitting area, and modern bathroom. The Pollera is conveniently located near the train station and about a 3 minute walk to the heart of Krakow, the square.

So much for the good stuff. For me, the all-night street noise from rowdy clubbers and traffic is the reason I gave this hotel two stars instead of four. Screaming, cursing, and drunken laughter seranaded me from sundown until about 4 am. Although I was on the second floor, the constant barrage of noise made sleep impossible without ear plugs. In addition, the room had no air conditioning. It was a long and very uncomfortable night with little rest.

The hotel is situated near nightclubs and gentlemen's clubs, so I don't know if this noise is typical. But for me, the Pollera's charms were ruined by the shrill and constant noise from outside the hotel.

In addition, take your street smarts if you venture outside the hotel. The pockets and zippers of backpacks and purses or wallets worn toward the back of your body are subject to itchy fingers.

Room Tip: Take ear plugs.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Pollera

Reviewed May 9, 2012

You will enjoy the Pollera Hotel with it's excellent location in the old city. It is a historical hotel that is renovated, but has the old fashioned charm of the 1800's. Our room had twin beds and a nice sitting area. The hotel was about $100USD per night including breakfast. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank totter
Reviewed May 4, 2012

The room is really big, in our room we have a living room. the bathroom is rebuild so is quite new. our room it was inside showing the garden so really quiet. The bed is not really king size but is confortable. the furniture is really old fashion. the room was clean. tehe breakfast was good enought and the best is the location.. the staff was so kind

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LuciliSpain
Reviewed April 13, 2012

This hotel is definitely old fashioned, so if you are looking for a modern hotel, this won't be for you. The staff are really helpful and friendly and speak brilliant English. We always stay in this hotel when visiting Krakow but it is only usually for one night on our way to/from other areas of Poland. If I were staying longer than 2 nights, I would look for somewhere that has tea/coffee making facilities in the room and a better selection of English speaking TV channels. Its location is perfect for the main square and train station.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I am afraid to say that I had not read up about this hotel before staying here, as it was a business booking. The hotel is quaint and old-fashioned. The common areas feel rather grand and nice, in an old-fashioned sort-of-way.
However, the rooms leave a lot to be desired. They are very, very dated. The bathroom is tiny (no room to put your shampoo, no room to get dressed, etc). The radio alarm clock deserves to be in a museum. I was in room 103 and the view was of the church in front of the hotel. I did not like the room, and I think that it is safe to say that I would not have liked any room. I slept with the light on, I got a bad vibe from the place (sorry to have to say that). My colleague was in room 111B, which is a single room. It's very, very small but with a larger bathroom than room 103's.
The story of the hotel is a nice one, and there are paintings of the previous owners of the hotel hung on the public area walls. Reception staff are friendly (one female on reception is of the family, and on the wall hangs a picture of her great-grandfather or grandfather).
Wifi is free and the signal is strong. :-)
Breakfast leaves a lot to be desired and the service is not fast. The coffee is undrinkable.
I also noted that they do not ask for ID when you ask for your room key at reception. I can only imagine that the hotel is so small, that they get to know the faces of the clients.
The hotel is in a great location and it is not expensive compared to other hotels in the area. However, I feel that you get what you pay for.
Reception also replied quickly to an e-mail that I sent prior to my stay, regarding information on the hotels' location.
Will I be going back?. No, sorry.

Room Tip: I don't believe that there are any rooms better than others in this hotel. Do not book a single...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We prefer to stay in "Old World" type hotels and Pensions.......mostly of the 3 star/4 star variety. If we are staying more than 2 days we also look for a hotel offering a mini suite of some kind. Having said that, Pollera offered us exactly what we were looking for at a reasonable cost. Some reviewers may find the hotel a little dated, but to us, it is part of the charm. Our "mini suite" was large and well designed for a 4 night stay. The bath was very large with moidern tile and both a modern tub and seperate stand up shower. Just perfect for us. The staff was friendly and helpful. They stand whenever you pass thru the lobby. Breakfast was OK and even better if you know that you can order scrambeled eggs freshly made.

A good choice if you prefer this type of hotel.

Room Tip: Book one of the 2 suites. Order eggs at breakfast
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patrobert
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I booked this hotel last minute and I loved it. It's located near the train station which was great for me since I arrived by train. It's also less than a five minute walk to the main market square. The staff was nice, they spoke excellent English, the room was comfortable, and the bathroom was really nice. I had a view of the theater which made my room even better. The breakfast was also good. I didn't give this five stars because the wireless internet was very slow and didn't work most of the time--and that was difficult for me since I had a job interview over skype. However--plenty of places within walking distance with internet if you need it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo