“Great location - friendly staff”
Review of Hotel Pod Roza

Hotel Pod Roza
Ranked #73 of 262 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We have just returned from a week staying at this lovely central hotel just a few minutes walk from the main city square. We had a big, well-furnished room on the top floor, overlooking the glass-covered courtyard which meant that there was absolutely no exterior noise and we had the best sleep ever each of the 7 nights!

The bathroom was modern, finished to a high standard and with a great powerful shower. Towels were changed daily and the room was spotlessly clean.

Breakfast was good - sufficient choice and everything kept topped up so we never had to ask for replenishments. Various cooked eggs available and the cold buffet was more than enough to satisfy us.

The staff were very welcoming and friendly and the whole atmosphere was very professional. We visit Krakow frequently, having lived here in the past, but this was our first stay at this hotel - it won't be our last though! Can thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: If a good night's sleep is important, ask for a room away from the main street which can be very...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Malgorzata_Godzik, General Manager at Hotel Pod Roza, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your kind comments.
I am very happy that your stay was both: comfortable and memorable.
We kindly invite you to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Spent three nights in this hotel in November. Property is located at an excellent location just couple blocks off the main square and quiet at night. Staff accommodating, very pleasing and above all the services delivered by them, were just wonderful. Every corner of the hotel is neat and well-maintained. Food at the restaurant was awesome. Will definitely come here again with my family.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lida O
Malgorzata_Godzik, General Manager at Hotel Pod Roza, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your kind comments.
It is very nice to read that Pod Różą should be a five star hotel.

We kindly invite you to Kraków an our hotel any time in the future.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in December . Our first time in Krakow . Lovely hotel with very friendly and helpful reception staff . Martin was lovely and gave us a lot of information, Room was great with a lovely bathroom just a shame we overlooked the glass roof and reception area, and disappointed they had no iron available but that was quickly sorted by Martin and our clothes were collected by maid and ironed free of charge. Breakfast was nice but we didn't have any meals there as it did look a bit quiet. Position of hotel was just perfect right off the main square. Would definitely recommend this hotel for first timers in Krakow .

Room Tip: try and get a room overlooking the streets
3  Thank Julie G
Malgorzata_Godzik, General Manager at Hotel Pod Roza, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for your kind words. I am really very proud of all of our staff members - especially Martin :)
We kindly invite you to Pod Różą Hotel and Restaurant any time in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 1, 2013

What an experience fine rooms, a beautiful, bar/restaurant and such lovely old touches that have been finally restored and add to the grand-nice of this hotel!
The auditorium is fantastic and fine place to eat breakfast.
My only criticisms are pillows!! Not good invest in some quality pillows and tea making facilities, it would have been nice to have some complimentary facilities for making tea or coffee in your room! These are minor faults and I will be back! Plus location is perfect!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BeanyExplorer

Dear Guests,
First of all, thank you very much for your kind comments.
I am really happy that you appreciate the historic value of the building and its restoration.
To tell you the truth, I have to investigate the case of our pillows. I am bit surprised by the fact that they were too hard, because last year we bought new pillows for all the rooms.
We kindly invite you to Pod Różą Hotel in the future.
Best regards, Małgorzata Godzik-Kęsek

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I booked our trip to Krakow as a treat for my husband's birthday, and had spent some time looking at hotels before I decided on Hotel Pod Roza.

Our cab driver whom we'd pre-booked to pick us up from the airport said, as we approached Krakow City, 'You have chosen a very good hotel'. And he was right - we did.

On our arrival, our lift stopped at the first floor and the manager, who was fully aware of our arrival as the receptionist had rung her, greeted us, and escorted us up and into our room. My husband and I, not used to this sort of treatment, wondering if she had mistaken us for much more important guests. It soon transpired over our three night stay that all the staff at the hotel are lovely - friendly, helpful and pure excellence in customer service.

Our room was lovely - I loved the spa bath, as did my husband. There was a generous amount of shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion, and our room was large, comfy bed, warm, and felt authentically Polish, as opposed to identi-kit hotel furnishings. Our bed was a sleigh bed, and everywhere throughout the hotel is the 'rose' (roza), including woven into the sheets.

We didn't use the gym or sauna as we were knackered after walking a gazillion miles per day, but we did go and have a look and it was fit for purpose.

The breakfast was brilliant. My husband ordered a Vienesse egg on the first day, unsure what it was. It's basically an egg in a glass. I ordered bacon and eggs and my husband was mock-furious with me for getting the good end of the deal. There's plenty of other treats on offer too: smoked salmon, cheeses, cold meats, fresh fruit, dried fruit, breads, rolls, pastries... basically everything you could ever really need for breakfast.

Thank you Hotel Pod Roza - you didn't disappoint at all. And Krakow is up there in my top five favourite European cities. Absolutely beautiful and worth a visit.

Room Tip: Ask for inside room if you are bothered by noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RoxyHot10
Malgorzata_Godzik, General Manager at Hotel Pod Roza, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Guests,

My sincere thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. Your positive comments are very much appreciated by our staff.

What is more, I always try to meet our Guests while their stay at the hotel, so you can be sure that it was not a mistake :)

I kindly invite you to our hotel in the future.

With best personal regards,

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stood in this hotel for two nights (2nd floor) and please find some of our thoughts:
positives:
- Location (5*)
- Reception (very friendly)
- Room set up (average) however the floor heating in the bathroom is really good.
- Gym On the top floor with good view.

Negatives
- Room was not really clean dust on the table etc.
- poor view (on 2nd floor) we looked the wall from opposite building.
- poor room service - in double room only one shower gel one Flippy Floppy Shoe for the spa, towels weren't changed.
- No bath only shower.
- no ironing services in the room

We did not use the restaurant at all (even for breakfast) because we have never seen any one eating. The reviews are very good but why no one wants to eat? (we stood on Friday and Sat so it is most busies day for restaurants).

1  Thank Masood S

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for all the comments regarding your stay at the Pod Roza.
I am very happy to hear that the reception service and the location met your needs.
On the other hand, I am sorry for the room service, I will discuss it with the chambermaids. As you can read, most of our Guests are satisfied with the cleanliness, so we will try not to make more mistakes.

Again, thank you very much for your stay.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three nights and we both loved the hotel and Krakow too. The location is ideal, just steps from the beautiful market square. The decor and ambiance has the feel of Old Vienna, understated and elegant. Our room was pristine clean and stayed that way for the duration. I fell in love with the marble bathroom, including jacuzzi tub, heated floor and l'Occitane toiletries. The entire staff, from concierge to chamber maids, were not only courteous but always greeted us with a smile. The buffet breakfast was extensive, the coffee delicious, and there were even eggs cooked to order. Our room was above the pedestrian street, Florianska, and I have seen reviews that complained about the noise. But even though I am a light sleeper, I didn't find it a problem. We were sad to leave and would love to return!

1  Thank Trudyaline
Malgorzata_Godzik, General Manager at Hotel Pod Roza, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Guests,
Thank you for taking time to review your stay, we value your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to welcome you back very soon.
With kind regards,