We stood in this hotel for two nights (2nd floor) and please find some of our thoughts:
- Location (5*)
- Reception (very friendly)
- Room set up (average) however the floor heating in the bathroom is really good.
- Gym On the top floor with good view.
- Room was not really clean dust on the table etc.
- poor view (on 2nd floor) we looked the wall from opposite building.
- poor room service - in double room only one shower gel one Flippy Floppy Shoe for the spa, towels weren't changed.
- No bath only shower.
- no ironing services in the room
We did not use the restaurant at all (even for breakfast) because we have never seen any one eating. The reviews are very good but why no one wants to eat? (we stood on Friday and Sat so it is most busies day for restaurants).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pod Roza Hotel is the oldest hotel in Krakow. It is located between the Florianska Gate and the Main Square, in the heart of old town. The hotel is on the busy Royal Route, which leads millions of tourist straight to the Royal castle. Since the 17th century it has played host to numerous international luminaries. Tsar Alexander I of Russia, Grand Duke Constantine Romanov, Persian emissary to Napoleon Mohamed Riza, Franz Liszt, Honore de Balzac are amongt many eminent guests that stayed here. STET DOMUS HAEC, DONES FLUCTUS FORMICA MARINOS EBIBET ET TOTUM TESTUDO PERAMBULET ORBEM - Latin proverb, engraved at the entrance of the palace guarantees that nothing will change for the centuries to come: "May this house stay here until the ant drinks all of the sea water and the turtle ends its route around the world". Following its refurbishment this four-storey hotel, located in the former Renaissance palace of Prospero Provano, meets all the modern standards of hospitality. 57 Rooms are available, including seven suites. Each floor has a unique decor, from the stately and distinguished biedermeier style to the cosy contemporary arrangement. The colorful polychrome on the walls, historic tile stoves, woodblock floors, graceful stuccowork with the recurring rose motif testify to the hotelier tradition that has been nurtured throughout the centuries. Each guest room is equipped with air-conditioning, phone, complimentary high-speed Internet access, plasma TV and minibar. The bathrooms, featuring luxury Italian fittings and heated floors, are tiled with natural stone (granite, marble, basalt, mica). Two elegant restaurants are housed on the former courtyard under a glazed roof. Each has a unique style, decor and service. At weekends the food lovers are entertained by live piano music. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Pod Roza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pod Roza Hotel
- Pod Roza Krakow