“An excellent tourist hotel close to the old town.”

Best Western Plus Krakow Old Town
Ranked #82 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in March 13. Much better than I expected for the price we payed. Clean room, excellent shower and a good continental spread for breakfast. Bonus was very close to all amenities. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013
RTMonopol, Manager at Best Western Plus Krakow Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Sir or Madam,

thank you for your nice opinion. We do our best to make our Guests satisfied.
I invite you to choose our hotel during your next trip to Poland and Cracow.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my husband for a weekend. We thought the hotel was great, location prefect, staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was ok as well. Rooms were clean, a little bit on the small side but we were only in them to sleep at night. Only thing was you can hear the trams but I got used to it after a while. We would come back here and also recommend this hotel to our friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com
1  Thank WA78
RTMonopol, Manager at Best Western Plus Krakow Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Madam,

thank you for the feedback. I am happy, that you enjoyed your stay. The hotel is situated nearby the main road with trams, but this is the price of beeing in the city center - you have got a few minutes by walk to the Main Market Square, Wawel Castle and any other city's attractions. I hope that you will choose our hotel during your next trip to Cracow.

Hotel manager

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel was in a Great location, it had really lovely rooms( I was in the new jazz room) and service that was faultless from bar, to breakfast to borrowing a phone charger. I was there on business so it was great for local restaurants whether inside or outside the old town.

I would recomment this to anybody.

Room Tip: Jazz rooms really sweet
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

thank you for your wonderful opinion. It was a great honour for me to read it. Hope you will come back to us next time.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Location is great for visiting Cracow's Old Town.
You just need to cross the Planty park ring and you are in the middle of action.
This is definitely the biggest asset of this hotel.
The rest lies in the hands of the staff, which is no so good.

I have arrived late, around midnight.
They had troubles finding my reservation for over 20 minutes (very tiring).
Then the first assigned room was simply not prepared - leftovers from the previous guest(s), dirty dishes on the table, bed linen on the floor. Disaster.
Only the second room (no.101) was OK. Well, they said it's on the premium floor, hence the larger size and two narrow beds.

Beds were comfortable. Only the linen a little worn out and "scratchy" in feeling.
Bathroom clean, yet rather small comparing to the size of the room.
Wi-Fi at the edge. Barely working when trying to use Skype.

Breakfast itself was good. Broad and tasty food selection. Real(!) espresso/coffee machine.
Still, the restaurant staff tried to hide and preted they are not there.
No one to assist you. No one to clean the table...
(maybe it's a strategy to cater the neighbourhood for free?)
No tablecloths, just some dirty and worn out thick napkins.
Not a pleasure to start your day. Pity!

Checkout was fast and the guys have even offered to call the taxi for me.
Still, I'm not sure if I'm coming back.
Maybe if you want a lower budget hotel next to the Old Town?

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the courtyard since the noise from the Gertrudy street might be very distur...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Miramaks
RTMonopol, Manager at Best Western Plus Krakow Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your opinion.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Chose the Best Wetern because of the location...and it didnt dissapoint, only a few minutes walk to the town centre. Staff were bery friendly and we were given an upgrade because of a mix up in rooms. The cost was very good also...Breakfast was continental but good produce.Rooms are a bit old fashioned , but clean and would recommend as a cheap hotel for anybody visiting the beautiful city of Krakow .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
RTMonopol, Manager at Best Western Plus Krakow Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Sir,

thank you for your opinion. It was really nice to read it. I hope that you will choose our hotel in the future also.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The room we had was a bit small (my husband is disabled and we had to move the bed from the wall to let him get in! However, next day they changed our room from 305 to 101. Huge!! 2 single beds, sufficient wardrobe space, really hot water, lovely towels.
We had booked a tour of Auschwitz/Birkenau and had to leave early, but the staff moved our cases into the new room for us, even things that I had forgotten to take from the shower!!
Almost everyone spoke English, and the service was premier!!
Only downside was a group of extremely disrupting teenagers who seemed to take over all the floors. There were many complaints about them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back, as the front ones can be a bit noisy with the trams cnstantly passing by...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sirs,

thank you for your feedback. Yes, it is true, that the group of teenagers are disturbing, but we do our best to keep them silence and do not disturb other Guests.
I hope that you will come back to us during your next trip to Cracow.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Hotel staff - excellent
I arrived having hurt my ankle so was on a crutch and they immediately re-arranged our rooms so I could have a lower level room which was an upgraded room.
They did this without being asked and the upgrade was free.
The room we had was at the front of the hotel so quite noisy from the Trams that run until 2 in the morning then start again at 4am!
The room was large, tea & coffee, TV, Telehphone. Bathroom was excellent, good size shower.
It probably needs a make over as the decor is a little on the dull side, but it was always clean and beds made every day.

Room Tip: Room 102 is at the front so can be noisy from Trams - if your used to noise it shouldn't bother...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
RTMonopol, Manager at Best Western Plus Krakow Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Sirs,

thank you for your opinion. It is a very important for us. Yes, we are in the city center, nearby the main road with trams, but it is the price for the location - you have got a few minutes by walk to every tourist attraction in our city.
I hope, that you choose our hotel in the future.